Geissele Super 3 Gun (S3G) Trigger

Looking for a really fast trigger for my MKA, it shoots pretty quick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJuNuVPD5SU well at least when a mate was shooting it,  but for those far away heavy steel targets I tend to double or even tripple tap them.

Has anyone fitted something like a Geissele Super 3 Gun (S3G) Trigger or something similar as those seem to really be fast.

That's a good question

I run a SSA-E in my rifle and have a new Hyperfire just sitting around.

I should see if I can get one of them to fit and work. Hmmmmm

Thanks,  let me know how you get on please.

I have seen the S3G on a 223 AR and it shoots so fast, not really sure it is worth getting one for my Oly A2 as its a straight pull, but I will get one for my Spikes ST22

• 1 month later...

What's the best way to get a light trigger on this gun?  I have a Firebird MKA (w/ their Al lower) but the trigger is too heavy for my taste.  My pistol trigger is 1.5lbs and rifle is 2.5lbs., having the shotgun be so much different causes a few issues.  I'm shooting it slower than I should be and then I start mashing the trigger on my other guns.

~3lbs would be about right, I have a bone stock benelli I use for pheasant hunting that has a 3lb trigger and my beretta is about 3.5

Thanks Jim.  I think I have a set of JP yellow springs lying around, I’ll try that.  Would there be any issue with light strikes or maybe some particular brand of ammo I should avoid? 

So far my gun has been pretty darn reliable with zero malfunctions at SMM3G and nationals last weekend (lots of other shotguns had problems at those matches).  The only malfunctions at other local matches were due to the steel base getting ripped off of Rem Gun Club shells which I’ve seen happen to other people too.  I also managed to kill an eotech and a cmore.

The gun is prone to light strikes, several things contribute to it.

Our hammer has extra mass to address this issue.

Shells using rounded primers are more likely to have lite strikes than those with flat primers.

This comes from off center primer hits.

If your primer hits are pretty well centered on the primer, you can reduce the springs quite a bit.

The trigger spring will reduce the pull. but friction on the sear from the hammer spring is the larger  conrtibutor to heavy pull.

Jim

I shot 3 gun for years with a 20 ga most of the time I used a 1 oz load to make the power factor but at times 7/8 oz was all that was available. even with that light of a load in 7.5 shot with enough choke it would take down every plate at a match I ever came across. so I'm still thinking choke over rapid fire.

And..for those of you looking to upgrade your hammer and trigger parts, I have a brand new set of FB internal parts for sale.  $82.50 including USPS shipping.  It includes the following:

Firebird hammer and spring, disconnector and spring, trigger and spring, and safety assembly

I also have an extra set of JP springs that I will sell to the buyer (not selling them separate, sorry).  They fit with the hammer and trigger and bring the trigger pull down to 3-3.5 lbs. 

PM me if interested. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a really fast trigger for my MKA, it shoots pretty quick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJuNuVPD5SU well at least when a mate was shooting it,  but for those far away heavy steel targets I tend to double or even tripple tap them.

Has anyone fitted something like a Geissele Super 3 Gun (S3G) Trigger or something similar as those seem to really be fast.

If you make contact very low on the trigger and drag your finger on the trigger guard, it will make it much easier to use these triggers in a precision role. It will also reduce the likelihood of unintentional 2 and 3 shot strings.