Out with the 9mm in with the 45..

So I am selling my Sig SP2022 (9mm) here at the shop..

So I picked up the Springfield XDm 45 Compact 3.8 Barrel Pistol with spare mag for $562 shipped.

Comes with one 13 and one 9 and all the 'gear'.. but I figured an extra 9 round mag couldn't hurt.

NewXD45c38.jpg

Its about 3/16" shorter on the slide and 3/8-7/16" shorter in height (when running the 9 round mag)

length.jpg

Sig on bottom with the finger rest..

Overlap.jpg

You pop in the 13 and your only a hair bigger in height than the SP2022 (Sig on top)

height.jpg

13+1 of 45 is nice.. and 9+1 for CCW should be fine..

Edited by YWHIC

I did just the opposite recently.  I sold both my 45's and replaced em with 9's.  With hollow point ammo, not much ballistic difference.  So, I'd rather have more shots and a lighter gun.

That said...  I made the HUGE mistake of holding a 1911 with an Osprey suppressor.  Before I picked it up, I thought it was going to be heavy as hell.  I could not believe how light the can was and how easy it was to maneuver.  

So...  Next on my list is another 45 and a can.  45 is already subsonic, so no having to buy subs.  I love the idea of hurling a brick at a target with less sound than my old ass trying to hurl a brick.haha.gif

If you've never done so, go to your LGS and have them thread a can on a 45.  Everyone should experience thisred_heart.gif

• Like 1

I did just the opposite recently.  I sold both my 45's and replaced em with 9's.  With hollow point ammo, not much ballistic difference.  So, I'd rather have more shots and a lighter gun.

That said...  I made the HUGE mistake of holding a 1911 with an Osprey suppressor.  Before I picked it up, I thought it was going to be heavy as hell.  I could not believe how light the can was and how easy it was to maneuver.  

So...  Next on my list is another 45 and a can.  45 is already subsonic, so no having to buy subs.  I love the idea of hurling a brick at a target with less sound than my old ass trying to hurl a brick.haha.gif

If you've never done so, go to your LGS and have them thread a can on a 45.  Everyone should experience thisred_heart.gif

One word.....................Wait

post-13516-0-17111700-1394888554.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The XDs are nice. Everyone I talk to love them. Good trade imo.

I qual'd expert with every 45cal 1911 they issued me in the service but went 9mm off post. Meh, traded it and some cash for a car to go home and get married. Shoulda kept the gun, lol.

Been running a S&W 357 L-frame until about 5yrs ago when I picked up my Taurus PT145 MilPro. Love the double 10rnd mags. But recently fell for a Para 1911 Blk Ops with the 14/45 mags(that fit my Taurus). 9s are alright, but its hard not to love the first handgun caliber you were issued, lol.

Edited by BpS12

Well a customer saw the XD 45m and bought it from me..

So I went and got my Glock 30 (regular) for $460 (LE discount) and $20 shipping..

I then added Ameriglo (Trijicon) nightsights for $66 (cost)..

Still happy as its a 45 and I got my G30 back (so to speak)

G30.jpg

Edited by YWHIC

I used to EDC a cocked and locked Colt Combat Commander .45 back in the day. I went .40 after that for more round count. With today's modern ammo, most popular centerfire pistol calibers are sufficient to stop a human, it still revolves around shot placement regardless. With that said, current I EDC a Glock 19 with 16 rounds and use 17 rounders for reloads. Then I have my Keltec Sub 2000 (9mm) in the vehicle that is prepped with a 17 round Glock mag in the magwell and 33 rounders for reloads. More rounds to send downrange on a two way range is an advantage IMO. Don't get me wrong, I still love my .40s and .45s but the 9mm still packs some heat, can carry more rounds on most platforms, and is more controllable for follow ons.

• Like 2

I dont know why anyone would want the G30 SF with the Gen 4 30 has a slightly slimmer frame to begin with. With that said, I love my 30 gen 4. I'll run it against anything. But for caliber wars, its mostly preference. Most quality 9mm loads will perform as effectively as any others. Im a fan of heavier bullets in whatever caliber I decide to carry. This is the golden age of ammo and weapons. We have so many effective options available that were never available in previous years.

• Like 1

I dont know why anyone would want the G30 SF with the Gen 4 30 has a slightly slimmer frame to begin with. With that said, I love my 30 gen 4. I'll run it against anything. But for caliber wars, its mostly preference. Most quality 9mm loads will perform as effectively as any others. Im a fan of heavier bullets in whatever caliber I decide to carry. This is the golden age of ammo and weapons. We have so many effective options available that were never available in previous years.

I have a G21 SF and honestly cant tell the difference between the SF and the regular. I happen to have gotten a good deal on it so I bought it. WHat I really want is the G30s

No but they do make a 50 and a host of other more powerfull cartriges. People should stop using these feel good statements

Good thing I'm not people. ;)

It's just a tagline...for fun. You know....fun.

I get asked at the SASS matches why I carry a pair of 45s, and that's my usual answer. That, and "John Wayne carried a 45. That's good enough for me!"

• Like 1

I have a G21 SF and honestly cant tell the difference between the SF and the regular. I happen to have gotten a good deal on it so I bought it. What I really want is the G30s

Keep in mind the barrel on the 30S is not the standard G30 barrel size.. so if you want a threaded barrel down the line that may be an issue..

The regular G30 and G30SF are interchangeable for barrels..

I have a G21 SF and honestly cant tell the difference between the SF and the regular. I happen to have gotten a good deal on it so I bought it. WHat I really want is the G30s

Yeah a lot of people I know cant really tell the difference. My girlfriend could, but she has tiny hands.