I wasn't familiar with the Yugo N-PAP until moments ago, but Classic has them for $519... I'm delighted with my Century Arms Yugo M70AB2. I'm not sure what the N-PAP has going that other AKs don't.

Sooo... as a slight topic derailment, I like my Century Yugo! smile.png

post-33185-0-42339200-1394951989_thumb.jpg

If you like the Yugo rifles but don't want the extra weight of the O-PAP, the N model is for you.

The O-PAP has the heavier receiver of the original M70 which was to assist in launching rifle grenades without the rifle beating itself to death.

On a simple semi auto carbine, it's not necessary IMO. Collector value? Sure, but not much else.

I just found a yugo PaP.  Not letter designation just yugo pap.  Comes with the side rail, and I don't think the barrel is crome lined, not a deal breaker for me.  The best part is its only 499.00.  If supplies at this website hold out Im ordering one while I wait on my permit to purchase come through.  Some guy on armslist wanted 675 for his rifle, two mags and 200 rounds.  I can get the ammo here local for 5.25 a box of wolf military classic.  I only have to pray that the stock holds out.

Beware, it's probably a single-stack, slant-cut receiver.

Yep, pay attention to ManCat.   Even if it is a double stack rifle with the magwell cut out by century, a lot of the early models came in with single stack bolts.

If you buy the used one, be sure of what you're buying or you'll end up with feed issues.   

IMG0911-M.jpg

CENTURY ARMS ZASTAVA PAP AK-47 Hi-Cap Semi-Auto Rifle - Pictured with synthetic furniture unless otherwise selected. 

Made in the same factory that produced top quality rifles for former Yugoslavia like the M70B1 and M70AB2, the newly manufactured PAP rifles are the civilian version of the M70 series. This one is the HI-CAP classic full wood stock with a pistol grip. Comes with one 30 rd. magazine.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Barrel: 16.25" with a 1:10 twist
Overall: 36.25"
Weight: 7.7 lbs.
Stock: Synthetic Stock
Finish: Black

Not available for sale in NJ, MA, NY, CA, CA, CT, HI or where prohibited by law 

Supposedly this is a reputable dealer/parts distributor.   Not that I expect folks to buy out from underneath me, but its mississippiautoarms.com   I have not heard anything bad about them truly.  Maybe you guys could point me in the right direction.  500 seems a good price and Im just looking for a basic reliable AK.  without having to do the saiga conversion.  PM me if you can.

Edited by reid17

If I'm not mistaken, the recent M70AB2 rifles from century have a U.S. barrel and receiver where the N-PAP has a Zastava receiver and barrel.

Mine was purchased in 2011 and has a US made barrel and a Zastava receiver... It's a nice gun and doesn't have any weird mag well cut outs or other undesirable attributes. I paid $505 shipped for mine and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Just found a nice hogue set up for 49.00 that includes pistol grip upper and lower hand guard with rails.  Hogue makes decent stuff and will definitely give it a modern look.  Pretty stoked about the rifle now. 

Mine is wearing a Hogue pistol grip and I absolutely love it. EVERYTHING I've touched that Hogue has manufactured I've really liked.

CENTURY ARMS ZASTAVA PAP AK-47 Hi-Cap Semi-Auto Rifle - Pictured with synthetic furniture unless otherwise selected. 

Made in the same factory that produced top quality rifles for former Yugoslavia like the M70B1 and M70AB2, the newly manufactured PAP rifles are the civilian version of the M70 series. This one is the HI-CAP classic full wood stock with a pistol grip. Comes with one 30 rd. magazine.

SPECIFICATIONS:
Barrel: 16.25" with a 1:10 twist
Overall: 36.25"
Weight: 7.7 lbs.
Stock: Synthetic Stock
Finish: Black

Not available for sale in NJ, MA, NY, CA, CA, CT, HI or where prohibited by law 

Supposedly this is a reputable dealer/parts distributor.   Not that I expect folks to buy out from underneath me, but its mississippiautoarms.com   I have not heard anything bad about them truly.  Maybe you guys could point me in the right direction.  500 seems a good price and Im just looking for a basic reliable AK.  without having to do the saiga conversion.  PM me if you can.

MAA will take care of you. I bought a bunch of cheap Korean mags from them and had one with a sticky follower. No questions asked they replaced the mag and didn't ask me to send the defective unit back. The entire phone call lasted about 2 minutes and I had another brand new mag in under 4 days. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything that MAA is selling.

Edited by Maxwelhse

I have seen a lot of rails on dust covers. Now normally I'm not a fan of that since as we all know dust covers rattle. Since the yugo has the dust cover lock button does the dust cover rail on the yugo make more since?

On a side not I'm making damn sure I don't get the slant cut receiver.

either way you're looking at an old model PAP.

the railed dust covers don't hold zero on the older PAP models, which is why they now have side rails instead.

Edited by mancat

If you're serious about placing the order with MAA, take ten minutes to give them a call.

They have a reputation for great customer service and I'm sure they would be happy to answer any questions you have.

You can ask the year of manufacture, whether or not it actually has the railed top cover or if that's just an old stock photo, and probably even get them to confirm whether it's a single or double stack bolt.

If you ask these questions directly and the rifle that arrives does not match what you are told, you can usually refuse the shipment/transfer.   This is something else to confirm during your phone call.

Ten minutes of time can save you a lot of headaches. 

the SAR can be hit or miss. most were great, and are now sought after by some AK collectors, but some were just as sloppy as some of the early WASRs - e.g. canted parts, bad fit & finish, etc..

inspect in person before buying.

Tapco G2 trigger group will resolve the trigger slap.

• 1 month later...