Any 8 round US made mags available?

Hello,

I currently live in the liberal state of Colorado and the new laws only allow me to have 8 or less rounds for a shotgun magazine. Are there any 8 rounds US made mags available?

Can one purchase the 10 round SGN mags and convert them to 8 round mags?

Scott

Can one purchase the 10 round SGM mags and convert them to 8 round mags?

Are you looking for rock-n-lock mags or magwell mags.  SMG makes an 8 round rock-n-lock.  Find it here or better yet it's cheaper here...

Yes. you can cut down an SGM 10 rounder to an 8.  It's a rather a simple process.  In your case you'd have to follow the laws rather carefully.  Nobody is going to ship you a ten rounder so you'll have to somehow find a work around.

Edited by HighPlainsDrifter

Readily available?  Not that I'm aware of.  One could extend the follower at the bottom though with a screw on piece of aluminum (so it doesn't rust.) so it bottoms out at 8 rounds however.  if they wanna bitch about it, you can spot weld the screw in place to make it a pain to remove the screw.

You can also settle for seven rounds by buying a bunch of two round MKA factory mags and use the 10 round extension (Which extends it by 5, leaving you with a magical seven.).  Just clip the extended springs one at a time after testing it's tension after each clip till it functions properly.

Edited by ShadowFire

Sorry mate, I didn't realize you were talking about magazines for the Vepr-12.  No, I haven't seen any 8 rounders available.  Buy 10's and modify by removing the floor-plate and spring and cut below the second to last rib from the bottom.  Reinstall, and you're good to go...

You could always pick up a couple factory 8 rounders and put in U.S. made floor plates if 922r is an issue.  Might I add they are great quality, I am very happy with the ones I purchased.

edit: cssspecs should be coming out with steel 8 rounders for the Vepr soon.

Edited by DarkStar
  • 3 weeks later...

You can buy the SGM Tactical 10 Rnd. magazines for a Vepr 12 & cut the magazine down. the floor plate will slide on the next rib up and will make it a 8 rnd. magazine. 

John

Hey your friend to send you three ten round mags. Fight the power. Or wait on csspec mags I know thats what ill be doing. And I kive in a free state. But I will be getting a drum when they come out.

You can have any size mag in Colorado you want as long as you had it befor July 1st 2013, and who fuck can prove you didn't? I see high capacity mags for sale all over Colorado. They are being sold disassembled as parts kits. You can also go to counties that have 2nd ammendment friendly sherrifs that have sworn they will not inforce the new law and buy high capacity mags over the counter (with impunity). You can also do what a lot of people are doing and take your shotgun to a neiboring state to do some shooting and maybe stop at a gun shop and get yourself some mags.

Like I said who can prove you did not have the mags with you when you left???

Fuck all the liberal son of a bitches from california and other states that have moved to Colorado and brought thier retarded political ideas with them.

A lot of online retailers will not sell the "banned" magazines to us here in CO. So, it may be easier to get them shipped from a person rather than a retailer. Also, I know my ffl dealer will not give you the "banned" magazines if they come shipped with the gun when you're picking it up.

Also, some magazines, like the AGP in particular have the date of manufacture stamped/molded on the mag. Yes you can file it off after you get it, but its still there when you receive it.

Where are you seeing these "disassembled kits"? Due to the language, I'm not sure if that's allowed. The language says magazine "that can hold more than 15 rounds or be readily converts to hold more than 15 rounds" (8 for shotgun). It does not say anything exempting disassemble parts kits.

Edited by Skoodge

Go to the counties that has been spoken of to get them. Go out of state. Have a friend or family member out of state send them to you. Make your own. So.ething theres always a way. You cant buy crack from established retailers but people still seem to get it.

Luckily I am in one of the good counties. We'll see what happens at midterms tho, the sheriff is at his term limit :( But hey, if you want to send me a 20 round double stack x54r mag or a 12 round sgm vepr mag, please feel free! :)

I just converted an AGP Gen 3, 10 round, Saiga 12, rock and lock magazine, to work in my new $799 vepr 12. The lrbho won't engage and the magazine won't spring eject like the factory 5 rounder will. But it fits very snug and *appears* to function (I won't be able to test it actual functionality until next weekend or two).

Does anyone want me to post some pics of all the parts of the mag I had to sand down, or is this a very niche market, and most people can just easily buy "high cap" magazines unlike us poor folk in CO.

I just converted an AGP Gen 3, 10 round, Saiga 12, rock and lock magazine, to work in my new $799 vepr 12. The lrbho won't engage and the magazine won't spring eject like the factory 5 rounder will. But it fits very snug and *appears* to function (I won't be able to test it actual functionality until next weekend or two).

Does anyone want me to post some pics of all the parts of the mag I had to sand down, or is this a very niche market, and most people can just easily buy "high cap" magazines unlike us poor folk in CO.

Like this....

post-20217-0-50204400-1397365728_thumb.jpg

If you split open the mag, you can open up the channels the follower rides in to allow it to ride higher up to the feed lips, then the mag will push itself out of the magwell.

Edited by Mullet Man

Like this....

attachicon.gifmodifiedagp10.jpg

If you split open the mag, you can open up the channels the follower rides in to allow it to ride higher up to the feed lips, then the mag will push itself out of the magwell.

I don't know why I didn't think of this! I'll have to give it a try! Thanks!

Skoodge by all means post a thread with some pics. I know I see alot of saiga12 mags locally and no vepr12 mags.

Done! I made a new thread with it in this section. Let me know what you think.