Service TAC-47 Auto Plug?

I've been running one almost since they came out, and once set, I haven't had a single issue either. I've only taken it apart once to see if it needed to be cleaned. It really didn't look like it, but I did anyway. So, I'd say..... it couldn't hurt, but I find its internals are not prone to getting as dirty as the rest of the gas system.

Theoretically scale could eventually build up. Its coated with nitrile or something like that, but it could rust too. I got a little rust on the threads on one of mine, so I like to oil it up every now and then. Just put it in a baggie with a bunch of CLP and let it soak, then spray it out until the spray looks clean.

This is a prime example of a where an ultrasonic cleaner would be great. 

• 3 weeks later...

I called Tac-47 today to ask this exact question.  I was asked which ammo I was using.  I explained mostly Federal bulk and Rio (7 1/2 shot).  Patrick said to take it apart when firing Rio every 500-600 rounds and for Federal 7-800.  I had about 650 rounds so I took it apart.  But before doing so I took my calipers and measured the depth of the screw and noted how it was pointing when it was fully seated.  It was pretty dirty.