Saiga 240 Parts Kit ?

I want to buy an AK 74 parts kit (you know a demilled 74 with out the receiver). I see polish, egyptian, chinese, this and that, but can I get a parts kit for an Izmash made 240? I want the parts to be interchangeble with the Izmash 240 if I purchase one. I want to limit the variety of spare or replacement parts I would have to buy.

Hmmmmmmm.....I guess I misunderstood all the discussions about the various manufacturers, quality, parts and reliability. I saw a lot of questions about this gas tube fitting on that model. But, since I am on to stupid questions I got one more....Can I buy a AK74 flat, then fold it up and use a Saiga type sporting stock and buy a trigger group/assembly so it looks and works like a pre conversion? I actually do not like the pistol grip.

Thanks for the info.

I wanted to get a parts kits for the hobby of building one (buying the flat, making a copy of the patter and then making one, bending the flat, heat treating the thing,) and after I totally f that up I will just buy one and then I can see what it was supposed to look like. Its the journey not the f'd up end product.

Edited by Chubby
  • 1 month later...

With every post you seem to want to do something different. I don't get it.

Spend more time researching the AK build process.

I read through many articles on this site, been to the ak builder site, watched several vids on youtube about the various parts kits, and from that it appears there are many problems mixing and matching parts, as well as the quality of the parts. I do not recall seeing any Izmash parts kits. but hey, like i wrote before I am sure these are dumb questions.

Izhmash & Tula AK-74 parts kits have been around, they are relatively rare compared to Bulgarian parts and thus usually command a price premium.

There have been a couple Saigas parted out, I'm sure, but rarely have there been Saiga parts kits. I think a couple years back there were some Saiga 7.62x39 rifles that had been destroyed/demilled, presumably due to the third axis-pin issue - some were imported in an illegal configuration (third axis pin hole drilled & riveted) that technically made them unregistered machine guns.