Years ago shooting indoor steel plate knock down matches we had to offset the aforementioned steel plates about 10 to 15 degrees from 90 degrees straight flat. The new members quickly learned NOT TO STAND to the right of the pistol shooter. The cheapo reloaded wad cutter range ammo we had to use would come straight back and hit you. Fun matches and we used up a lot of ammo. HB of CJ (old coot) smile.png

Years ago shooting indoor steel plate knock down matches we had to offset the aforementioned steel plates about 10 to 15 degrees from 90 degrees straight flat. The new members quickly learned NOT TO STAND to the right of the pistol shooter. The cheapo reloaded wad cutter range ammo we had to use would come straight back and hit you. Fun matches and we used up a lot of ammo. HB of CJ (old coot) smile.png

Sounds like the probs we had in the beginning with SASS. Most of our targets are angled forward now to put the round in the dirt. The gamers running ultra-low-velocity loads are the worst. They barely deform and bounce with quite a bit of energy left. I wish we HAD to shoot at least 800FPS instead of 650FPS. A few were shooting 38spl <400FPS. Damned things came back like rocks out of a slingshot. Anything to win, I guess. I'm glad those guys left and went to another club to shoot. Dangerous fuckers.

Growing up in a large city, I learned to appreciate trees.  I would never put targets on tree's as I wouldn't want to kill them.  Thus, I'm happy to see the tree fighting back and kicking their asses.

We cleared some timber at my buddy's private range with plenty of Class 3 subguns/rifles and a MG-42 through the years. We did not have targets on them though. They happened to be beyond the targets.