michigan passed sbr/sbs critical time question for leo or trust

alright guys so Mi just passed new allowance laws so.I live in lenawee county where the cleo will not sign any class 3 paperwork.016.gif  I intend to apply pressure politically, but until then I want to file for an sbs. A trust is the way I have to go for now, the question is do i have till june to do this till the trust way is dead ? or is the trust application still available as long as all in it are registered.? thank you guys . I really need a 10 inch vepr 12 so this is so importantrolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

the law went into effect of his signing on 27 march.  if I were you, I would do the trust and the forms and mail them out ASAP like tomorrow or the next day, and not lollygag around wondering about this or that. anyway, that is what I would do

http://www.nraila.org/legislation/state-legislation/2014/3/michigan-bill-to-repeal-state-ban-on-short-barreled-rifles-and-shotguns-signed-into-law-by-governor.aspx?s=&st=10486&ps=

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

found a lawyer to do trust $400 for e file set up and everything.and I am going to get on it asap. I have read enough now to believe that the new (executive orders) will require cleo signing on all nfa items so its time to put up or shut up I guess, lets hope its possible.to get done in time.

• 3 weeks later...

If CLEO won't sign, you can still go to your sherrif, DA, or District Judge. Any of those can sign off on your application. Just tell them that you are a collector and remind them that besides being a nine month wait, you are also submitting pictures and prints and the gun will be engraved with your name. No criminal would bother with the process.

• Like 1