100,000 Rounds = Mentally Unstable in Kalifornia

Here's the best part;

By Southern California standards, someone owning 100,000 rounds is considered “mentally unstable.”

In Michigan, he’d be called “The last white guy still living in Detroit.”

In Arizona, he’d be called “an avid gun collector.”

In Arkansas, he’d be called “a novice gun collector.”

In Utah, he’d be called “moderately well prepared,” but they’d probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.”

In Kansas, he’d be “A guy down the road you would want to have for a friend.”

In Montana, he’d be called “The neighborhood ‘Go-To’ guy.”

In Idaho, he’d be called “a likely gubernatorial candidate.”

In Georgia, he’d be called “an eligible bachelor.”

In North Carolina, Virginia , Mississippi , Tennessee , Kentucky and South Carolina he would be called “a deer hunting buddy.”

And in Texas he’d just be “Bubba, who’s a little short on ammo.”

I see Alabama was left off the list, maybe Chile can fill that one in.

Edited by Squishy
  • Like 3

I tried to find more info about the incident.  All I could find was that same "funny" list in dozens of places, as far back as 2011.

In other words...  BS.

The list is still funny...

• Like 1

Rotating that stock could be a lot of fun but a little expensive.  I'm not sure I could store that much ammo in the basement without getting rid of some other stuff first.  My wife might have something to say about that.  Ever heard of a bullet bed?  Extra firm but not too form fitting.  laugh.png

I doubt the ammo is what got him called unstable, it was likely the ammo that made it news worthy.

Its one hundred cases of center fire rifle ammo. Something I aspire to accumulate one day.

Its roughly a pallet full of ammo.

I tried to find more info about the incident.  All I could find was that same "funny" list in dozens of places, as far back as 2011.

In other words...  BS.

The list is still funny...

Don't tell anyone, someone posted it years ago as a joke.

As much as a joke of a post that it is, it is still almost believable coming from the southern part of my state! 

But on a more serious part, as DistalRadius asked, I wonder what the law is on the amount of ammo legal to store? I know how much powder I can have, but bullets already loaded....not so sure!

I am sure homeowners insurance would have a problem with storing 100k rounds in the basement if one were silly enough to inquire.

I can see that claim being filed now after a fire:

Owner: " How long before I will see a check."

Claims Adjuster: " Uhh.. There might be a problem. What are all the holes going through the unburned portion of your residence?"

Owner: " I think we have a termite problem as well."

• Like 1

At a 210 round minimum combat load per quarter for 10 AR's, for 10 years, that's about the right amount to have stored.

Just a little light if you expect many heavy or protracted engagements.

Heavy and protracted engagements are for those with artillery, air support, armor, resupply, and medevac.