SAIGA 7.62x39 AK47

Hello everyone,

New member here, just got myself a new SAIGA 7.62x39 AK47 from classic arms and it has that "ugly" at least for me shark fin hand guard, so I started looking to install other hand guards that would look just like original AK. But the more I look the more I see that I have to change gas tube from AK74 or AK47 to be able to fit those hand guards.This is my second post here the first one was in wanted to buy section for that gas tube. May be could some one recommend something else for me to replace that shark fin hand guard that does not required me to installed that hard to find gas tube. I'm looking for lower and upper hand guard.Something like this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2800157615/arsenal-inc-handguard-with-stainless-steel-heat-shield-ak-47-ak-74-stamped-receivers-polymer

Thank you very much.

So K-Var has a Bulgarian made gas tube with spring and no vent holes, would that work for me or I'll need to do some kind of modifications or it would not work at all.

Thank you.

It doesn't specify whether it's an AKM tube or a 74 tube. Assuming the worst, it's an AKM tube and it needs very little modification to fit. If it's a 74 tube it will drop right in.

I have found 2 more websites that have gas tubes one from AKM don't know which and other from AK47  also don't know which Bolgarian, Russian or some other. I see on youtube that I'll need to file something down but not very clear picture what to file down, can someone provide a better link and or a clear picture what needs to be file down on the gas tube.

Thank you for your help.

You will know what to file after you seat the gas tube and try closing the retainer lever thingy. It won't clear without filing down a smidge of the metal. I used a hand file and it took about 6 or 7 fittings and filings to get it right. Just don't file too much or your gas tube and upper handguard will be loose. Just file enough to close the gas tube lever.

Edited by Semper299