First store in the South East just minutes from my home...Lord help!!

Grand Opening today, on a work day and still thousands there...will mos def stay away for a few weeks, but see a trip in the not too distant future.

but, it's way funnier to leave it...... oh, allright!!

;) I got to looking at three big picture and started laughing, just think, a store named candles being talked about on a gun forum like this...I'm sure I would have been asked to turn in my man card. Lol.

Oh, and would you get rid of the double post please...you REALLY ARE my favorite moderator, REALLY! ;)

Enjoy the steep prices! I rarely ever walk into my local one, shame really.

About all I will be picking up is ammo from time to time. What's going to be interesting is that Palmetto State Armory opened up last year just down the same road. Wondering if there might be a little competition between the two. Hope so.

As a rule I try to stay away from that area of , too much traffic, but will check it out through the week after it settles down.

Enjoy the steep prices! I rarely ever walk into my local one, shame really.

About all I will be picking up is ammo from time to time. What's going to be interesting is that Palmetto State Armory opened up last year just down the same road. Wondering if there might be a little competition between the two. Hope so.

As a rule I try to stay away from that area of , too much traffic, but will check it out through the week after it settles down.

Ammo is the rare occasion I enter Cabelas for Herter ammo from Tulammo. You can feed your Saiga for about .25 per round during sales. It's not bad at all for that, and my 5 year old boy loves walking around in the place to see the fish and different game positioned everywhere & of course the little shooting range.

• Like 1

wink.png I got to looking at three big picture and started laughing, just think, a store named candles being talked about on a gun forum like this...I'm sure I would have been asked to turn in my man card. Lol.

Oh, and would you get rid of the double post please...you REALLY ARE my favorite moderator, REALLY! wink.png

Now you know why I was so confused!

It's cool if you're into candles, but I can't think most of the membership here would share that with you! :)

• Like 1

;) I got to looking at three big picture and started laughing, just think, a store named candles being talked about on a gun forum like this...I'm sure I would have been asked to turn in my man card. Lol.

Oh, and would you get rid of the double post please...you REALLY ARE my favorite moderator, REALLY! ;)

Now you know why I was so confused!

It's cool if you're into candles, but I can't think most of the membership here would share that with you! :)

Don't get me wrong, candle flames ate a great target (if you can still see) but not really in to candles. Not that there's Anything wrong with that. ;)
  • Like 2

I won't lie... I do enjoy a nice scented candle from time to time. Honestly, I should burn them a bit more often just for enjoyment, but I'm not a collector.

I enjoy Cabella's a lot more than candles, but they are so much less affordable than wax and string! sad.png I could buy a lifetime of candles if I sold just 1 gun.

I did come up with a manly use for candles... Mower deck protection! I haven't tried it out yet, but I have high hopes and a couple for $4 Wallyworld candles to try out on the task.

Edited by Maxwelhse

I only go if there's a sale or if I have a gift card. Even then I prefer to buy online and get their free shipping on many sales.

Everything is overpriced, even the cafe. Cabelas also has done nothing to ward off .22lr hoarders, so the .22 display is ALWAYS empty, even when the rest of their shelves are full.

Cabelas also has done nothing to ward off .22lr hoarders, so the .22 display is ALWAYS empty, even when the rest of their shelves are full.

Walmart did and I haven't seen a box of .22LR there in over 2 years...

Hey yinz guys quit gripin about candles! When the EMP hits, you'll need every candle you can get!

Buy a 1/2 ton crate of candles now! You can trade 'em for food and booze!  :up:

What? ... Oh... "Cabelas." I like going in to them to look at all the cool stuff, and I like the Elk sandwiches at the deli. Last time I was in the one up in Dundee, MI, they had a limit of 1 box of 100 rnds. of 22lr per person. Still didn't have much on the shelf, though.

• Like 1

Cabelas also has done nothing to ward off .22lr hoarders, so the .22 display is ALWAYS empty, even when the rest of their shelves are full.

Walmart did and I haven't seen a box of .22LR there in over 2 years...
what is this .22lr that you speak of?

Glad that my dad and I always gave each other bricks of it for birthdays and Christmas, else I wouldn't have the thousands of rounds on hand. I will shoot x39 rounds before.22, and that's so wrong and so unnatural! Crazy times we live in.

Edited by unclejake
  • Like 2

Hey yinz guys quit gripin about candles! When the EMP hits, you'll need every candle you can get!

I wasn't... I have 200 tea lights, 4 500 count boxes of water proof matches (in zip lock bags), and 4 candle lanterns on hand. That's not a joke or exaggeration either. smile.png

When the EMP hits you'll need a vehicle with breaker point ignition.. I've got that too! smile.png

what is this .22lr that you speak of?

It's a mythical beast, much like the Loch Ness monster or the Minotaur. It's only known of in ancient books and by the stories of nomadic scribes that speak the words of it's once great bountifulness.

On great rarity some tribe elders have been known to exchange massive amounts of paper for it. Some mystics have alleged to accumulate stock piles of it after 2011, but those reports are widely unconfirmed.

Edited by Maxwelhse

I wasn't... I have 200 tea lights, 4 500 count boxes of water proof matches (in lip lock bags), and 4 candle lanterns on hand. That's not a joke or exaggeration either. smile.png

I don't even wanna know what "lip lock bags" are!  :wacko:    TMI??

• Like 1

I buy a few of their unique clothing items but not much else. I like to go in and look around if I'm driving by there but usually walk out with nothing unless there is a sale. I'm not going to buy something just because I'm there when I know I can get it cheaper somewhere else.

I have 3 .30 cal ammo cans of strike anywhere matches.(9 boxes per can)  $2 something for a box of 300 at Cabela's.

Now if they'd have hexamine fuel tabs....I wouldn't have to make them with formalin and ammonia.

I get the feeling there is a lot I could learn from you Capt.

When people love the outdoors this much, I believe that translates loosely into loving freedom. I'm glad to see business is good for all the retailers opening up new stores around the country.  

Obama hasn’t succeeded in suffocating everything in this country and never will. I always believed that Obama would be the catalyst for a rebirthing of this strong nation and its freedom loving people.

Mind you not to his credit, but because the left’s policies brought us to the brink and now everyone will come running back to the ideas that this nation was founded upon.  I truly believe the political pendulum has swung as far left as it’s going to go, and now of course it has to swing right again. So buck up, let the good times roll & soon we’ll be telling stories of what the worst president ever actually tried to get away with during this period of time.  

I sometimes take a drive out to Cabelas. Its a good hour and a half away. Im only interested in certain ammo and thats it. Stuff you dont normally find anywhere else or online. Otherwise the place is overpriced.

Now if they'd have hexamine fuel tabs....I wouldn't have to make them with formalin and ammonia.

I'd like to hear that recipe!

Hexamine is made by mixing formaldehyde with ammonia either in gas or aqueous form.  Formalin is 40% formaldehyde in water.  Just add aqueous ammonia and you get the hexamine as a precipitate. 

Hexamine works great for fueling model steam engines and folding pocket cook stoves.  It's also used in medicine for bladder infections I believe.

Hexamine + nitric acid = RDX......But that's another story!

I have a cabelas an hour away from me but I agree they are over priced. I'm not paying $170 for a mos in when they had them on sale 2 months ago for $100. I went to a different gun shop (Hoffmans) and they had a used mini 14 for &749, and new ones on sale with 3 mags and some ammo for $699. WTF? Welcome to CT. So I went to my LGS and bought a Pardner 12 single barrel for $100 =)

I'd like to hear that recipe!

Hexamine is made by mixing formaldehyde with ammonia either in gas or aqueous form.  Formalin is 40% formaldehyde in water.  Just add aqueous ammonia and you get the hexamine as a precipitate. 

Hexamine works great for fueling model steam engines and folding pocket cook stoves.  It's also used in medicine for bladder infections I believe.

Hexamine + nitric acid = RDX......But that's another story!

I'd also like to hear of retailers for such goods... I know where to get the ammonia... :)