Just got a Vepr-12 from current Centerfire Sale...

Always wanted one and couldn't resist the current $799 price tag. Fixed stock VEPR 12, imported by ROX, NJ, Made 2013-07. 570mm / 22.4in Barrel. Came with 2 magazines, not just 1 as centerfire describes, and it has an extended mag release. Polymer sight rail is straight as well.

After picking it up from the FFL Dealer, I brought it home and started removing the preservatives. It's almost as if they had a vat not of cosmoline, but of oil they just dunked it in.

After cleaning, a range test was in order. As the attached pictures indicate, 4 different loads were used, Federal Bulk, Remington Gun Club, Winchester AA Super Sport, And Remington STS. 5 shots each from the shoulder, not a single FTE of any. From the hip, 1/5 FTE in Federal Bulk and Remingtion Gun Club, but the action is still pretty rough and could be smoothed up. All shots fired from same location, right beside the table in the picture. Empty shells photo included for eject distance / power reference. Went on to shoot the rest of those boxes, and all ejected perfectly. Surprisingly easy on the shoulder, too.

All in all, I'm very happy. I still like my S20, but this Vepr is a fine piece of work. When funds get built back up, need to get a set of chokes, and 922r compliance for a 25rd drum when they become available big_smile.gif

post-48604-0-45839900-1396552812_thumb.jpg

post-48604-0-89718300-1396552821_thumb.jpg

post-48604-0-53449900-1396552829_thumb.jpg

Edited by TigerFire13
  • Like 1

Thanks! Carolina Shooters Supply currently has the 5rd factory mags on sale @ 24.95 if you need to add to the collection.

For the first 3 weeks in March, they had them for $15. But of course the Vepr $799 sale overlapped only 1 day before the price change to $25. I missed that bus, and it makes me angry/sad.

A friend of mine bought one not long after shooting mine this past Sunday. He ordered the fixed stock version from Centerfire, and like myself also received the extended mag release and 2 magazines. Both were imported by ROX NJ. His stock however, has a side cut for a sling swivel and has lightening cuts like the ak74 stocks do. My example has a bottom cut swivel mount and does not have the cuts. Regardless, CenterFire Systems seems to be a good choice. Already I have updated parts, but still need/want a different hand guard.,