1396425809_1.jpg

For sale is my personal Panasonic CF-29  Mark 5 Toughbook. This super rugged, military grade notebook was the most powerful CF-29 made and is fully optioned! I doubt that there are too many nicer ones on the planet. But let me prove it! It has a 1.6 Pentium Centrino CPU, the most powerful used in this series!

It has been upgraded to 2.2 GB of GB of RAM; the normal limit is 1.5 GB. The 80GB hardrive has been replaced and upgraded with a faster and larger WD Scorpio 320GB model! Adding to its speed is 4GB of ReadyBoost RAM!

It has a DVD/CD Burner and the optional Emissive Keyboard. This keyboards lights up allowing the PC to be used in total darkness. It has one of the last custom made keyboard labels that are no longer manufactured.

The GPS Receiver has been upgraded to a newer Military grade, EM-408 SiRF III (20 Channel!) GPS unit! This GPS will blow the OEM unit out of the water!

It is presently running Windows 7 Ultimate, but I will happily load it with XP or Linux if you prefer.

Another upgrade is the internal 600mW EnGenus 8602+S Wi-Fi card that will really reach out and pull in distant signals!

It also includes a USB Bluetooth model and an IBM Lenovo AC/DC Combo Adaptor Model 22P9003! It is 72 Watts, with an AC input of 100-240V / 50-60 HZ or DC input of 13-18VDC. The output is a nice, Toughbook friendly, 16V 4.5A (Voltage/Current) and is great for when you are running the Toughbook out of the car, a commercial airplane or some foreign locale.

The price is $350 (plus S&H), less than a third what I have it. It is not the fastest PC on the planet, but it is the most rugged! Interesting trades will be considered. First “I’ll take it” gets it.” It is also for sale locally. Please let me know if you need more hi-resolution photos, I will eMail them to you.

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.