5.45 Ammo: Never Available Again?

According to Classic Firearms (http://www.classicfirearms.com/russian-5-45x39-ammunition?utm_source=EmailzDirect&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Subscriber%235601&utm_campaign=4-3-14)

"Ammo, Russian 5.45x39 military surplus ammo - 1080rd tin

We had to pay more for it but we secured the last known shipment of this highly desirable Russian made 5.45x39 ammo to reach shore.  It will arrive at our warehouse late Wednesday but we are taking orders now.  Get it while you can and stock up. We'll be sad to see this great ammo disappear from the market."

So no more 5.45 ammo? Ever?

Unless enough pressure is put upon the BATF to approve the Form 6 request they have decided not to honor, it will be.  Funny thing is, 7N6 has a steel AND lead core, thereby not making it AP, as far as my interpretation goes.  I was going to pull a bullet this weekend and confirm that.  

From what I have seen/heard the ATF has banned all MilSurp ammo as being "Armor Piercing". Supposedly some moron made a 5.45x39mm pistol and told the government. The rumor has been confirmed from several sources, including a posted copy of the ATF letter.  Well, I have spam cans stacked high so this will not affect me, short of a war here in the states that is. NRA been getting my  money for the past decade, have no more to give at this moment.

Edited by Saigaczech
  • 2 years later...

When I started this thread about 3 years ago, I put myself on the waiting list for Golden Tiger ammo at SGAmmo.

Well, SGAmmo finally got some in:

http://www.sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger/200-round-pack-545x39-fmj-59-grain-golden-tiger-non-corrosive-new-production-am

I couldn't wait 3 years. I sold my 5.45 rifles about 2 1/2 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

When I started this thread about 3 years ago, I put myself on the waiting list for Golden Tiger ammo at SGAmmo.

Well, SGAmmo finally got some in:

http://www.sgammo.co...w-production-am

I couldn't wait 3 years. I sold my 5.45 rifles about 2 1/2 years ago.

LOL. I kept mine and it's still my favorite caliber. There's always tins and loose boxes of 5,45 at my local gunshows but I'm in a very populated area.

I somewhat recently just got a bunch of brass cased Hornady for cheap too.

I have a hard time putting much faith in them [NRA].

You're not the only one.

I have more faith in Trump adn that's WITH the import tarifs LOL.

He should relax all tarifs except Russian ammunition (unless it prompts US manufacturers to start producing).

• 3 years later...