Alright so i picked one up from a local firearms retailer, brand new, XN model took it out to the range

with a variety of ammo to see what it liked, and what was best for it, and ran into a few "needs to be 

broken in" problems i'll list some ammo i tried

Winchester Universals (nearly 2 and a half boxes cheap walmart stuff)

Malfunctioned every round.

2-3/4" 3DR. 1-1/8oz 7-1/2 shot 1200fps rated

Hornady critical defense (shot 2 kept one box 10 rounds per)

these worked superbly 

2-3/4" 00 buck 1600fps rated

had some various old winchester 00 buck that cycled fine and a couple of 3" mag 000 buck that hung up

on the top of the receiver somewhere when ejecting..

I got the gun home and was about to clean it and before i even took it apart i noticed a crack in the feed 

ramp. i took a picture of it and emailed xn arms. left it in it's current state but here's the pic (forgive the dirty gun nothing.gif )

Has anyone actually had to make a claim on their factory warranty, reading through the warranty i get a bad taste in my mouth

a bit like bull excrement. 

post-49269-0-32171300-1396735368_thumb.jpg

A little reading here would have told you the Win Universal are very random, you may get a box or 8 that run great the next several boxes won't run in any gun.

Almost all the new ones we test, run Win AA's or Federal Bulk 1200's no problem, have had quite a few run AA 1145's 

My experience they stand behind their guns 100%

A little reading here would have told you the Win Universal are very random, you may get a box or 8 that run great the next several boxes won't run in any gun.

Almost all the new ones we test, run Win AA's or Federal Bulk 1200's no problem, have had quite a few run AA 1145's 

My experience they stand behind their guns 100%

I've  heard  that before but you know how what you hear on the internet goes, (that and i had a box left over from when i was doing some skeet shooting)

i just didn't know what to expect from customer service on these things

I would sugest you buy  a SAS or Firebird lower and throw that polymer lower in the trash.

A polymer feed ramp is a bad idea from the start.

I plan on it, but right now my wallet needs to recover from dropping 600$ on the gun it's self, just wondered if they cared enough about their products enough

to replace something that i believe was broken before i aquired it, or broke durring regular use

I hear no more warranty work from center fire.

Good luck

really? if so i'll just start saving up for the billet one, depending on how the next couple weeks go i should be able to get one without much trouble.

I can only comment on my experience with the SAS. It was plug and play, the only part that needs to be "modified" is the factory

bolt catch, you take the stock bolt catch out of the bolt catch block (held in with a roll pin) drill the hole to 3/32 and it installs

directly into the lower (just like it would in an AR) and they give you a machined allen pin that secures it.

Don't mean to double post here but want to ask about the machined lowers, can I use all of my factory internals In It? Does it require any fitting / gun smithing to the upper for a propper fit? Or is it plug and play?

To go to one of the new aluminum lowers, the bolt catch must be used from the original polymer lowers.  It will need to be drilled out to accept a slightly larger roll pin.  This is a requirement since no one currently offers this part by itself.

The remaining factory parts will fit but this would be a good time to upgrade to some "922 compliant" parts which are also of much higher quality than those that came with the gun.

If you are not familiar with "922", do a quick search on this forum.  Replacing the trigger, disconnector and sear with quality US made parts will count as three parts towards your goal of legally shooting high cap magazines.

Edited by Flatland Shooter
  • Like 1

Don't mean to double post here but want to ask about the machined lowers, can I use all of my factory internals In It? Does it require any fitting / gun smithing to the upper for a propper fit? Or is it plug and play?

If you are not familiar with "922", do a quick search on this forum.  Replacing the trigger, disconnector and sear with quality US made parts will count as three parts towards your goal of legally shooting high cap magazines.

I've already looked into it, thanks for reminding me though, i may end up getting a better trigger but as it stands one thing at a time until it is compliant, my budget isn't unlimited. lol