does arsenal inc. do Russian rifles anymore?

Been a while since I've shopped. I seem a bit out of the loop. Anyhow just window shopping today and noticed over has the arsenal rifles listed as Bulgarian receivers. Was just curious and I may find my answer while browser, but I figure some wine here is In the know.

I've read that the SGL series is no longer, and what stock is left is all there is. Not sure how accurate it is though.

Well I did a bit of Google work and found a thread on ak files that sheds a small light on what the deal is. But very little. A lot of speculation.

The Russian series seems to be produced through "fime group"(supposedly a sister company to arsenal) and the Bulgarian receivers(the SLR?) Is done by arsenal. As to why I'm not sure yet. First I've heard of "fime group" that I can think of. It was an old thread from 2012 so apparently has been that way for at least 2 years.

Edited by Chevyman097

From what ive read, arsenal stopped doing the izmash sgl series and passed it off to fime group. Arsenal only seems to do the slr series of aks now. My sgl-21 is fime group, but after obtaining it i havent seen any for sale and its been about a year. :/

I've read that the SGL series is no longer, and what stock is left is all there is. Not sure how accurate it is though.

Well I did a bit of Google work and found a thread on ak files that sheds a small light on what the deal is. But very little. A lot of speculation.

The Russian series seems to be produced through "fime group"(supposedly a sister company to arsenal) and the Bulgarian receivers(the SLR?) Is done by arsenal. As to why I'm not sure yet. First I've heard of "fime group" that I can think of. It was an old thread from 2012 so apparently has been that way for at least 2 years.

My SGL is an Arsenal marked one, but I got it in 2011. Not sure when the change happened. They have been FIME marked guns for a while now, unless you get SLR Bulgy guns. As to why, its anyones guess. Good luck in your quest Chevy!

My SGL is an Arsenal marked one, but I got it in 2011. Not sure when the change happened. They have been FIME marked guns for a while now, unless you get SLR Bulgy guns. As to why, its anyones guess. Good luck in your quest Chevy!

My SGL21 is also a Arsenal marked. I dont even remember when i got it but its marked 09 on the receiver.

I was also wondering if this might cause for a value increase in the Arsenal builds. You know how us gun owners love to put more value on our firearms. 011.gif

Anyhow. I was just curious.