RC aircraft flown as targets at machine gun shoot.

What a freaking blast that would be, great fun, these guys are having major fun.

The night shoot starts at 5:00, tracers galore an then they add in flares and fireworks, spectacular!

http://www.guns.com/2014/04/11/happens-fly-drones-machine-gun-shoot-video/

• Like 2

Even before the 86 ban I was never interested in full auto.  I've been there and done that and it just isn't a big deal to me.  And I've never even tried to bump fire.  I like to control my fire.  Only hits count. 

• Like 3

We used drone targets in the Corps.  Those bastards are harder to hit than you think.

Aint that what makes it fun?

naaaa.gif            022.gif

Edit:

In the right, err wrong, situation it would be nice, ummm essential, to have the option of FA. As a recreation, no way in hell. 

Edited by Rhodes1968

Ten thousand rounds for that one little white onehaha.gif

I personally would love to have a full auto, but can't afford it.  A friend put a slidefire on his AR and we wen't through so much ammo that day that he got rid of it before the next shoot.  We had fun though.

• Like 1

Even before the 86 ban I was never interested in full auto.  I've been there and done that and it just isn't a big deal to me.  And I've never even tried to bump fire.  I like to control my fire.  Only hits count. 

I feel the same "carry lite and shoot rite"

I got enough FA in the Army. Now that I have to pay for it myself, I've little use for it. But given the rise in domestic drone usage, it may not be a bad option to have available.

Edited by BpS12

We used drone targets in the Corps.  Those bastards are harder to hit than you think.

Edit:

In the right, err wrong, situation it would be nice, ummm essential, to have the option of FA. As a recreation, no way in hell. 

I would argue that any situation a single man can fight his way out of is better handled with controlled fire.

It's a visceral thing. Nothing practical about it.

Its like arguing the merits of a Honda hybrid against a Maserati.

But to me, wasting bullets on the landscape is like using a Maserati to do donuts.  For some it's a thrill.  I find it a waste.

I went in 2001.  Had a blast, and actually enjoyed myself.  Only ones I shot were the MG-42, Ma Deuce, MP-40, and a FA AK.  The night shoot is the real "meat and potatoes" of Knob Creek.  The year I went, they ran some R/C cars as well as the drones.  I remember the drones because one guy participating was a WW2 B-17 Waist Gunner.  He still had it, and downed 2 drones back to back with Ma Deuce.   

Edit:

I would argue that any situation a single man can fight his way out of is better handled with controlled fire.

It's a visceral thing. Nothing practical about it.

Its like arguing the merits of a Honda hybrid against a Maserati.

But to me, wasting bullets on the landscape is like using a Maserati to do donuts.  For some it's a thrill.  I find it a waste.

Force multipliers come in all shapes and sizes. There is a time and place for Ma Duce.