Effective Muzzle Brake/Flash Hider Hybrid?

I'm always kind of leery when a muzzle device claims to be both a muzzle brake and a flash hider. Anybody know of one that is actually effective at doing both? I was looking at the "Russian Original Flash Hider" that CNC Warrior has.Certainly looks cool and the price is right,but how effective is it at doing both?

post-23616-0-95901000-1397354410.jpg

Battlecomp. It's primarily a brake but in my tests has better flash-reduction performance than two devices designed as flash hiders, the Bulgarian birdcage flash hider and the Manticore Arms NightShroud (two devices designed for the AK 74 front sight block). It's pretty close to an A2 flash hider in performance.

I haven't included the Bulgarian bird cage test yet, but check here for the rest of what I am talking about:

Edited by Jim Digriz
  • 3 weeks later...

One of the most effective flash hinders is the M16/AR15 birdcage. Simple but very effective.

It's OK, but there are much better options nowadays.

Excellent, thank you.

It seems AK brAKES ARE EVERYWHERE BUT FLASH HIDERS THAT REALLY WORK ARE VERY RARE.

Manticore is coming out with a three-pronged one for the AK 74 front sight block. Judging from the reviews for their AR version, it should be easily the best choice for the AK 74 FSB. I'll try one out and report back (when it comes out).

MA-681024mmWEB.jpg

Edited by Jim Digriz
  • 2 weeks later...

I see that Apex Gun Parts is carrying these in a different style now in 14 x1 MM LH for $50. The 14x1 models do away with the large dia. at the threaded end.  I wanted a Smith Vortex but everyone is sold out except the high price dealers.

Edited by SaigaFL