• 5 months later...

the second blood moon is happening Wednesday morning. 

damn, what is up with the moon? as old as it is it should have stopped having it's period 021.gif

they should halt the space station construction and send a space ship full of these to the moon 021.gif

0003700017902_AV_500X500.jpg

hershey-bars-milk-chocolate_lg.png

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

The 'blood moon' is a discoloration of our 'moon', when its in aligned with the earth (planet) and the sun (star), in such a way that it casts a red shadow.  Thats all!

Planets, stars, moons, asteroids, galaxies, comets, black holes, supernovas, red dwarves, quasars, brown dwarves, red giants, and kuiper belt objects are in space.  People, religions, and governments are on the earth.  Hence, I fail to see the connection.

The 'blood moon' is a discoloration of our 'moon', when its in aligned with the earth (planet) and the sun (star), in such a way that it casts a red shadow. Thats all!

Planets, stars, moons, asteroids, galaxies, comets, black holes, supernovas, red dwarves, quasars, brown dwarves, red giants, and kuiper belt objects are in space. People, religions, and governments are on the earth. Hence, I fail to see the connection.

When you look at the clouds expecting to see faces,eventually you will.

The blood moon is for ceremony      we will raise the ancient spirit of flatulence   a dark cloud will descend on your house 

Then swarms of lice will attack their genitals...  All the firstborn sons will be unavailable, due to sever itching.

• 11 months later...

The theory is that it may mean something significant to Israel. For instance, war with it's neighbors.

Seeing as the Pope plans on addressing the UN, it may set the stage for some interesting events.

Edited by Sim_Player

For those of us in the western states the moon will be rising already eclipsed.  For those central and east the eclipse will begin after it rises.  The eclipse is several hours long as the moon moves through the earth's shadow.

The "blood" in the blood moon comes from the fact that red light is bent around the earth by the atmosphere resulting in a dark red hue to the moon.

Times listed here.  http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/observing-news/get-ready-for-septembers-total-lunar-eclipse-091420155/

As far as biblical signs are concerned. ...according to biblical history, they have all been given to the land of Israel or the middle east in general ...only one of these blood moons in the entire tetrad is even visible in the middle east...based on only this...as a "sign"...it seems a little undone. But then again...what do i know?

Btw. ...I just noticed above my av that I am a newbie...if that is so, it makes me the only newbie who has been a member of this forum since February 20th 2008...you would think I might get some kind of special prize for that...it has to be a record of some kind...good day to you all.

Just some ramblings after all the hoopla.

Ok lets say for sake of the argument that this was a sign by divine powers.

They would only be of note as a means of signaling a time to prepare for whatever so nothing much should happen immediately. 

It would serve no purpose otherwise. It follows then that the sign's meaning would be clear to those for whom it is intended. 

Now signs of an astronomical nature would follow the same laws of the universe everything else operates under otherwise it becomes a miracle, a suspension of those laws by power.

That means a time table is in play as the event is predictable by those laws and therefore just a petty thing otherwise.

Kind of like saying 05:00 is H hour minus one and a flare will be fired to signal this. If you know what H hour means and for what purpose it is valuable if not it has no meaning.

So unless someone can point to some valid source of knowledge, the Mayans are long gone BTW so discount any long dead civilization, it means absolutely nothing.

Just kind of nice to watch.

You want signs look to human behavior, it a fairly valid source. Just a bit difficult to observe objectively.

So, how long until a Russian jet over Syria shoots down a Coalition jet (probably US) out of "self-defense for aggressive posture?"  :unsure:

Of course, our "president" will just wring his hands and apologize for any misunderstanding.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1