s12 or vepr12? same price but...

i have been finding vepr12's and saiga's to be about the same price right now but i have already invested into drums for the s12.

would it be worth modding to accept md 20? wait for the 25 round drum? stick with a converted saiga?

what are your opinions here? im buying monday or tuesday.......

Mullet man gives good advice. When in doubt, get them both. If you're seriously considering both of them, you'll end up with both of them eventually anyway, so why debate it? :)

I was actually thinking the same thing, but I've already got a Legion-converted S12, for which I paid $790. If I had seen the Vepr first, perhaps I would have gotten that instead. Not sure. I'll probably end up with both of them myself, LOL.

i have several drums, still wrapped. is there anywhere to buy an adapter plate to use the drums on the VEPR12 or must i make my own?

then again i just came across MD's double stack post so maybe i'll stay with saiga.

are VEPR rifles better than SAIGA's just like the shotgun scenario? im thinking next purchase will be an AK rifle

Veprs rifles are built on the RPK receiver so they are 1.5mm instead of the saigas 1mm. Saiga is built in factory that makes aks and veprs are built in factory that RPKs are built. I feel a saiga is lighter and for a carbine better a vepr would be better as a scoped longer barrel rifle.

But to answer the OP question id get. The vepr once csspec 8 round mags are out I dont see a need for anything else. Maybe one 25 round drum once they are out just to play with.

These guns are much more brothers then cousins. With the vepr at the price that it is it's almost impossible not to choose that. And out of the gate it's miles ahead. However until the aftermarket catches up, which it's starting to,the saiga I believe you will end up with a better final product that more closely matches your preferences/needs. The Vepr is considerably more heavy-duty emphasis on the word heavy although they put a tacky plastic rail right in front of your face that you have to look at every time you pick the Gun up. Again these guns are so close that I took the bolt and carriers and swap them and both hand cycled like a factory part. I'm glad I got both. I don't really think I'm in sale either of them. They both kind I have their niche. It really for me comes down to RP K versus AK platforms and the associated weight size of the furniture appearance. Other than the improved safety lever on the pepper and the factory folding stock if you didn't have both of them side-by-side you could barely tell the difference.

post-48862-0-94587000-1397436225_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-54455000-1397436250_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-76465500-1397436270_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-37834700-1397436295_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-56149700-1397436318_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-28146500-1397436342_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-40418800-1397436369_thumb.jpg

post-48862-0-38479700-1397436387_thumb.jpg