opinions on unita mags

Csspecs mags turns the Saiga .308 from a novelty into a viable platform, period....

+1

I have some Promag and CSSPEC 20 rounders, and the Promags are okay for the range, but if you seriously need to depend on the gun, the CSSPEC ones are the ones I'm carrying when the Russians invade. "Wolverines!"

well just for shits and giggles i wanted to see if another mag broke so locked each one in and dropped the gun from about 5ft. made sure all the weight hit right on the floor plate. house has hardwood floors. did each mag 2 times none broke. surprised me

I don't recommend using your rifle for drop tests as the energy is being transferred into the trunnion and other critical parts.

Dropping straight down is a compression load, firing is a tension load.

To simulate the load of firing its roughly 20 inches of fall butt stock first.

Arsenal did a fairly good series of videos showing all poly magazines in drop tests... Notice, they did not test any steel mags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq25sisQyDg

I wouldn't drop test my rifle. I was trying to say I didn't see how a magazine dropped would simulate firing.

My first mag broke after firing 20 rounds prone, no doubt I was "monopoding" on the magazine, as is my habit when firing prone. It fired and fed all 20 rounds when I got up the mag feel out. I didn't find the lug.

The 2nd msg that broke I was firing off hand and it didnt feed the 4th round, I checked the chamber and went to remove the mag whilst holding the bolt open, the mag fell out, same exact break as last time never found the lug that broke off.

Edited by Ak Monty

Drop testing your gun is not a good idea. The sheet-metal receiver is prone to bending. Both at the front and sides of the mag well.Plenty strong for rough use, but not indestructible.