Legal action and arrest warrant.

Question

Pauly,

We used to have a good working relationship and I have spent about 10K a year with you for your work.  Excellent as it was once upon a time.

However:

It is now going on over a year since you cashed my checks and told me 3 months for the work.

You have ignored my lawyer and although you have made promises you have not delivered on any of them.

You also have refused to return my unfinished work using the excuse that you would then have committed fraud.  Well you have committed fraud and a host of other crimes.  This excuse no longer flies.

We now have a warrant out for your arrest after you told my local sheriff that you are out of business and gave him the same crap you have given me in emails over the past year.

You have committed a felony, several in fact, as my loss has now been over 11,000 dollars in useless guns and the 3700 plus dollars of my money that you have taken.

I am offering you an out.  If you return my 9 bolts and carriers and fire control groups I will forgive the cashed checks and the 3700 that you have basically stolen from me.

I'll even send you a pre paid label for the return shipment.  I do not care if any work was done on my stuff or not as we now do it ourselves.

If I do not hear from you and have my things returned before I leave for the coast then I am marching my ass into the Marion County Sheriff's office and having you prosecuted on felony charges.

We have printed all the cancelled checks and the emails full of lies from you over the past several months.

It was enough to issue an arrest warrant here so I believe it will be fine in your state.

Knowing your reaction from your past responses you will probably delete this post but I am copying it and posting it in the forums that you have no control over if my stuff is not forthcoming.  That way everyone will know what kind of a person you have become.

The ball is in your court.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Answers 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

Pauly,   We used to have a good working relationship and I have spent about 10K a year with you for your work.  Excellent as it was once upon a time.   However:   It is now going on over a year

Do you realize what a complete asshat you sound like? Did your mother raise you that way? To even suggest to it?   Pauly needs to be strung up by his balls, leave his mom alone

you don't know that is a fact, you're just stirring the pot, which doesn't help anyone.

Posted Images

sent an email to a local law office up there, when and if they reply I'll post it and y'all can go from there.

Sent to:

Chenoweth Law Group, P.C.

510 S.W. Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor, Suite 500

Portland, OR 97204

Phone: 253-200-2213

Toll Free: 866-489-5384

Fax: 503-221-2182

There is a business / individual in your area that has taken payment and received parts to be modified for several people approximately 25 that is now not returning the parts or responding to any means of contact.

Paul Pawlowski doing business as Pauly Steeling advertised his services on the a Saiga forum and other AK sites. Paul was paid anywhere from $100 to over $400 by each of the people and the parts are Saiga shotgun bolts and bolt carriers. These parts are all but impossible to replace and generally would mean buying a replacement shotgun at about $800 or more each. The parts are serial numbered for ID to owner.

The problem is most of these people don’t live anywhere near that area and for 1 person the individual cost of hiring an attorney is too high. My question is as a group can you represent everyone and seek to at least get the parts returned to the owners whether they have been worked on or not, and what would that cost roughly? The group then could start a fund to pay for the service.

Well at this point I haven't gotten a reply. So today I'll try sending a fax and make a follow up phone call. I'd hoped to get a reply by email to be posted here but let's see if we can see if this is even a possible as a way forward.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who noticed that Paul was last online May 12th of this year?

I hadn't noticed.  But he's probably just checking to see how pissed everyone is, because it obviously wasn't to post any help or an update.

Googled Pauly and his relatives info came up. First link is Pauly's info.

Second link has his relatives info and phone numbers.

Pauly's listed phone number is the same as his mothers.

I'm not posting anything that you can't find on Google in less then two minutes.

Maybe now he will man up and tell his former customers what happened to their parts.

http://www.advancedbackgroundchecks.com/d/paul-pawlowski/752618463

http://www.advancedbackgroundchecks.com/d/mark-pawlowski/184937235

Edited by Jet

Usually I don't involve family members, but Pauly raised the bar on this situation. Maybe his mother should have raised him better than to steal from people.

Do you realize what a complete asshat you sound like? Did your mother raise you that way? To even suggest to it?

Pauly needs to be strung up by his balls, leave his mom alone

• Like 4

Pauly needs to be strung up by his balls

If he had balls he would be actively engaging his customers to sort this all out. I guess we will have to string him up by another body part.

Edited by MightyLordRay

Sounding like an asshat on the internet is the least of my problems. I would also never steal from a bunch of people to put my family into a situation where they would get calls requesting information on my whereabouts due to stealing.

Shit has probably been seized by his landlord for non payment of rent.

Pauly doesn't have it in his possession to send back.

a landlord can't seize or take  any private property for non-payment of rent, if he does that is called theft. all they can do is have you evicted, by taking you to  court,  and  take you to court for the money owed.

so don't go spreading a load of  BS and rumor

Mr Matthew Hopkins, FYI I have a very nice lease house.Time for new tenants, and I'm reading the "standard" rental lease.It's been some time since I've had to read it, and never had a problem with a tenant.

This is a very standard lease by the "Texas Association of Realtors" Residential lease,

Para23. RESIDENTIAL LANDLORD LIEN.

Landlord will have a lien for unpaid rent against all of Tenant's nonexempt personal property and MAY SEIZE SUCH NON EXEMPT PROPERTY IF TENANT FAILS TO PAY RENT, Subchapter C, Chapter 54 Property Code governs the rights and obligations of the parties regarding Landlord's lien. Landlord may collect a charge for packing, removing, or storing PROPERTY SEIZED in addition to any other amounts Landlord is entitled to receive. LANDLORD MAY SELL OR DISPOSE OF ANY SEIZED PROPERTY  in accordance with the provisions of 54.045 Property Code.

I'm not a betting man, but on this one the odds are Pauly no longer has the items in his possession.

Mr Matthew Hopkins, FYI I have a very nice lease house.Time for new tenants, and I'm reading the "standard" rental lease.It's been some time since I've had to read it, and never had a problem with a tenant.

This is a very standard lease by the "Texas Association of Realtors" Residential lease,

Para23. RESIDENTIAL LANDLORD LIEN.

Landlord will have a lien for unpaid rent against all of Tenant's nonexempt personal property and MAY SEIZE SUCH NON EXEMPT PROPERTY IF TENANT FAILS TO PAY RENT, Subchapter C, Chapter 54 Property Code governs the rights and obligations of the parties regarding Landlord's lien. Landlord may collect a charge for packing, removing, or storing PROPERTY SEIZED in addition to any other amounts Landlord is entitled to receive. LANDLORD MAY SELL OR DISPOSE OF ANY SEIZED PROPERTY  in accordance with the provisions of 54.045 Property Code.

I'm not a betting man, but on this one the odds are Pauly no longer has the items in his possession.

nice try junior, but you're citing a texas residential lease, he's in Oregon, you're trying to fit a elephant in a grocery sack, sorry but it doesn't fit.

and reading that, the key words are NON EXEMPT PROPERTY. look up what texas considers  non-exempt  property.  

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

Neither you or I know what was in his lease.

Point made that it can be legal for a landlord to seize property. Parts could be in the landlords possession legally until it goes to court.

Now quit being in denial, because the elephant is in the grocery sack.

What is Exempt Property?

“Exempt Property” refers to any property that can’t be claimed by creditors in order to satisfy the borrower’s debts.  Any other property that can be reached by creditors is called “non-exempt” property.  The definition of exempt and nonexempt properties may be different for each state. 

A common situation involving exempt property is where a home owner has failed to keep up with mortgage payments.  If the debt gets serious enough, the lender may file a lawsuit against the borrower in attempts to possess their assets for the debt repayment.  In such a suit, the creditor can’t collect exempt property (which usually includes household items and the house itself).  On the other hand, they may be able to place a lien on the non-exempt items.  

What are Some Examples of Non-Exempt and Exempt Property?

One of the most common applications of exempt and non-exempt property classifications is in a Chapter 7 liquidation bankruptcy case.  In a Chapter 7 claim, the debtor may be required to forfeit some of their property so that it can be sold, with the proceeds going towards their debt payments.  In these cases, certain property will be classified as non-exempt and other properties as exempt (also known as “bankruptcy exemptions”).

Again, non-exempt property can usually be claimed by a creditor.  Some examples of non-exempt property for Chapter 7 purposes are:

• Cash, bank account funds, and securities like stocks or bonds
  • Valuable items like coin or stamp collections and antiques
  • Musical instruments (unless the debtor is a musician by profession)
  • Second homes or vacation property
  • Second cars, trucks, and other motor vehicles
Edited by Jet

I already had to shut down one thread from assholes "pissing in the wind"...

If is NOT productive to folks getting their parts back, DON'T post...

y'all can circle jerk, arm chair lawyer and speculate all ya want via PM...

Neither you or I know what was in his lease.

Point made that it can be legal for a landlord to seize property. Parts could be in the landlords possession legally until it goes to court.

Now quit being in denial, because the elephant is in the grocery sack.

What is Exempt Property?

“Exempt Property” refers to any property that can’t be claimed by creditors in order to satisfy the borrower’s debts.  Any other property that can be reached by creditors is called “non-exempt” property.  The definition of exempt and nonexempt properties may be different for each state. 

A common situation involving exempt property is where a home owner has failed to keep up with mortgage payments.  If the debt gets serious enough, the lender may file a lawsuit against the borrower in attempts to possess their assets for the debt repayment.  In such a suit, the creditor can’t collect exempt property (which usually includes household items and the house itself).  On the other hand, they may be able to place a lien on the non-exempt items.  

What are Some Examples of Non-Exempt and Exempt Property?

One of the most common applications of exempt and non-exempt property classifications is in a Chapter 7 liquidation bankruptcy case.  In a Chapter 7 claim, the debtor may be required to forfeit some of their property so that it can be sold, with the proceeds going towards their debt payments.  In these cases, certain property will be classified as non-exempt and other properties as exempt (also known as “bankruptcy exemptions”).

Again, non-exempt property can usually be claimed by a creditor.  Some examples of non-exempt property for Chapter 7 purposes are:

• Cash, bank account funds, and securities like stocks or bonds
  • Valuable items like coin or stamp collections and antiques
  • Musical instruments (unless the debtor is a musician by profession)
  • Second homes or vacation property
  • Second cars, trucks, and other motor vehicles

A relevant point is that the bankruptcy estate includes His property. It has to be part of the estate before you get to the exemptions analysis.

I already had to shut down one thread from assholes "pissing in the wind"...

If is NOT productive to folks getting their parts back, DON'T post...

y'all can circle jerk, arm chair lawyer and speculate all ya want via PM...

Awe Shucks!

*puts ky back in drawer.

I have no skin in the game, but honestly I'm surprised nobody has gone and knocked on the guy's door yet.

I would, if I even lived within 5 hours of his place.  The problem is that the people who have parts with him probably had to mail them in because of distance.  The same distance that keeps them from personally finding him.  I swear I would if I was remotely close.

I have no skin in the game, but honestly I'm surprised nobody has gone and knocked on the guy's door yet.

Nobody knows where he lives.  This has been covered.  Parts were either mailed to his PO Box or to an address he no longer lives at.

I am new to this forum and joined for two reasons. One, to learn and discuss my interest in Saigas. Number two, i specifically sought out an individual name Paul Pawlowski who had great reviews and seemed to do remarkable work.

I must preface the following comments by the fact that I had to dig deep to justify the thoughts i am about to express. I try to be respectful person and do things the proper way. I'm not interested in violence nor would i support such acts as some have alluded to, just justice and the return of OUR property. I'm sick of reading these threads with bickering and threats but no results.

Many of you have offered Paul more money just for the return of unfinished parts. How cowardly is it for this person to not at least give us some faith that he will follow through or some sign of remorse?! 

Against my morals I had to play devils advocate here. There is a large group of people here that have been completely screwed and for some it represents more than just irreplaceable parts and money. I live across the country where i have filed a local police report, a report with the state attorney generals office for internet crimes, an FBI reports for internet fraud and made calls to different localities I believe Paul resides. I continue to email and call Paul almost daily now with little hope. I have had zero luck and with all the people on this forum who have also been screwed, this really pisses me off. How is it that of all these people that have been as$r@p3d and has an opinion but no one has got anywhere?!

Honestly, we're all lucky to have such a forum to even find how prevalent this problem has become. We need to stick together and work towards a resolution.

I think there are a few things we all need to do as a group and individually to push towards a resolution: 

-Please tell me everyone has taken a few minutes of your day or over a couple days to File reports with the appropriate agencies or any agency possible. Although it seems pointless, we need to continue to report and show how many people Pauly is custom stealin' from.

-Next, I know its been discussed but we need to talk to a lawyer to explore legal options.

-Send a certified letter to the address you shipped parts/money asking for the return of your property.

-Continue to call and text and email or phones numbers you have to continue the paper trail. I also feel that contacting anyone who knows Paul, need to occur.

-Contacting family and friends of Paul, which at first seemed to be highly inappropriate, but I think is absolutely necessary. There is plenty of information online regarding family names & phone numbers that i think people should start calling. Find family and friends on Facebook or other outlets of social media. *** I must say it is very important that if you agree with my methods to only seek to inform people of our misfortune and gather information about Paul. Being threatening in any way would be detrimental to the cause at hand and get us no where*** Even if people don't tell you anything, Let them know what hes doing and eventually its going to get back to him.  

Continue to voice any information you have or anything that may be useful to the group.  I'm am not content saying my parts are gone or call it quits. Lets not just sit back and let him walk on us. We need to put some pressure on him and get our parts back!

Lastly, besides attempts, has anyone actually been in contact with any lawyers?? 

Edited by tp1
  • Like 2

TP1, you 100% correct, i really dont have much to add currently, but i did just check paulys account and he was last active on the 14th of this month, if anyone remembers his last login was may 12th last month, so he is still lurking and reading our comments.

Wow, I just recently became aware of the mess Pauly has made for himself.

I guess I REALLY dodged the bullet. When I first got my S12 (a year ago this past Christmas) I had cycling problems right off the bat. The first thing I did was send my bolt & carrier to Pauly for his glass polish job. It took a long time, maybe 3 or 4 months but at least I did get my parts back-and he did a very nice job on them.

This didn't fix my problem, and I found when I took the gas block apart a couple of the holes were partially blocked, which I fixed with my Dremel.  Holes were clear and the right dia. 

Anyway, as I have been reading, I am so glad I got in and out BEFORE Pauly apparently went down in flames. What a shame. When I first got on this Forum, everybody was praising Pauly and his work to the sky. Now, it sounds like a lynch mob.

I feel so bad for the trusting souls who, like I did, sent their precious parts and money to this apparent thief. With a Saiga, you can't just order a new bolt/carrier form the manufacturer and lick their wound. So sad.

Pauly, Karma is a heartless bitch!

Edited by goldenpony

The only thing I got out of a lawyer was “I have no standing” meaning seeing how I have no money or parts involved he wouldn’t even talk about any possible suit with me. So if someone with “standing” wants to see what you can find out, best of luck.

Some of what I kind of felt from the very short talk was you’d be better off going up there and have Pauly hit your car to bring any type of suit, the money and the parts for 1 person didn’t add up to enough to cover the cost of a lawyer. I couldn’t get the guy to talk about representing a group of 20 seeing how I wasn’t one of the group.