Vepr 12 handguard question

Does anyone know if the m85/m92 handguards will fit on the Vepr 12? I'm thinking of getting some wood handgaurds, but the only RPK handguards I can find are $65+ per set.

or else, does anyone know where cheap used RPK handgaurds can be had. Refinishing them isn't a problem.

M92 handguards will not fit. I'm not sure if RPK handguards are much different from AKM handguards - if the lower handguard retainer is the same, aside from diameter, you should be able to open up an AKM lower handguard to fit over the thicker barrel.No idea on the upper handguard. Romy handguard sets are cheap enough it may be worth your while to order in a set or two to play with.

Edited by Shandlanos
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

+1 for the moe rail on factory handguard all I did was mark the holes for the rail then heated up a nail about as wide as the magpul screw then make the holes and youll see plastic comin out something if you were drilling it then ensure the screws fit your hole they were a little smaller but it threaded the handguard plastic then just apply the rail and viola it's super solid it took longer to make up my mind about doing it than it did to just do it and its perfect for the folding stock ill be buying a molot folding vert grip and a gk01 and call it a day with this one

post-47119-0-87291500-1418263593_thumb.jpg

post-47119-0-77756200-1418263637_thumb.jpg