Its a process of absorbing the alcohol into a sugar, the sugar molecule wraps around the alcohol and it becomes a 'dry powder', despite being saturated with a liquid.

Its roughly 60% alcohol and 40% sugar. 

This is merely a method that makes it economically viable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_powder

I wonder if they'll put this in pixie stix.

Its a great way to get throat cancer, and diabetes in the same hit. 

I have a beer keg, which is expensive enough to keep full. I don't need to start drinking concentrated booze.

• Like 1

Won't last, someone will be snorting and soon there after eating peoples faces. Sad would be great for storage. But just like spray paint some idiot will either kill the idea or you'll need to give a blood sample to buy it. Of course the liquor companies may have something to say in the lobby............. 

• Like 1

Powdered dry alcohol with sugar? That is news to me. In fact, if memory serves, alcohol, (C6 H12 O6) mixed with water, (H20) and most simple sugars (varies) will be OK in solution, but if you remove all the H20, (water) then what? I do not think the dry sugar-alcohol molecules shown on the Wikipedia site would be stable and most certainly would NOT release alcohol when the water is re added. Just me. I am sorry, but my BS meter is WAY OFF the scale here. Would some chemist please explain it all to me? HB of CJ (old coot)

But....how about PURE alcohol mixed with sugar at very low temps? Would THAT be stable? But what would then happen if the stuff was heated up to the point of liquid water? I do not think the bonds are strong enough. Just me.

There's a way of doing it, using some kind of binder. Dunno if it's as simple as sugar, that doesn't really make sense to me. But, imagine it as a similar process to gelatin made with alcohol - the alcohol is still there, but it's bound up.