My wife and I own a small business that is unfortunately not located in the best part of town. My wife is there 100% of the time and I do part time. I'm concerned for her and her customers when I am not around and need some ideas. I am thinking quick open palm type safe. What do you think?

I dont see how having a gun inside an electroniclly locked safe is good. If you have to turn around or do anything to open a safe its probably too long and too late. How about just having one under the counter/table

• Like 6

Have her conceal carry, and get her plenty of practice and training so she is comfortable going from concealed to drawn an at ready. That way the gun is always on her, safe from kids or curious hands, she and her customers are safe, and none of your customers are driven away by the sight of open carry. I would emphasis practice and training, as drawing concealed in the heat of the moment is a muscle memory exercise.

• Like 8

I agree with:

If the weapon is not 'at' hand when the situation turns ugly, then it is usually already too late as things tend to happen very fast and very violently.

The absolute best place is OC or CC holstered on your body, with the will & knowledge to use it effectively... Training & familiarization.

• Like 3

Shrink tube or electrical tape a magnet to a piece of wood/steel/plastic then screw it to the underside of a counter or desk in proximity and stick the pistol to it.

Quick access.

Edited by Mullet Man

On her might freak out the clients. Under a desk is not a bad idea, but kids exploring around is always a concern.

If you have "CLIENTS" coming to a "bad part of town" they might be more appreciative of her/you being armed than you think. Buy her a real good quality "bull hide" belt, Harley shops, saddle shops, some gun shops sell them, buy her a high quality "in the pants holster", and get her and you the training to save your lives. These fuken zombies will kill you for rush and the only thing your "CLIENTS" will say is "OH MY...what a shame" they were such good people. I would rather they say "OH MY...Sally Sue killed a fuken zombie in her shop yesterday" I'm so glad she's okay.

And that's my 2c.gif

• Like 2

Not knowing your situation exactly and what type of business, I can only say concealed carry may be the best option for her.

My situation (an automotive repair shop), CC is not ideal do to the climbing in and out of vehicles and awkward positions I may be in depending on the job being performed. I do have a pistol on my tool box at all times. Although I am at the back of the building where customers are not allowed, and due to a well placed large window, I have full view of the front door of the office that helps my situation.

When the owner is in (that is rare though), he has a pistol in his desk.

I think that you can purchase the gun safe for you wife. The products is designed for keep the unexpected customer away from the firearm. You had better choose the item with the protable feature which allow you to easily remove the gun. The biomatric feature is for you if you pay more attention on the speed of opening. Some models may satisfy your needs. I hope that it can help you.

What state? In many places, you can carry a firearm without any license on your home or business premises. In some states, that right does not extend to a business premises. I hope you live in a state that does not restrict that freedom. On her person is by far the best option. Depending on what she wears, there are better and worse ways to carry - but the best way for her to carry, hands down, is the way in which she will choose to actually do so every day, and not leave the pistol behind because it is uncomfortable.

If she is interested in using a pistol as protection in the workplace, let her take a class from a professional instructor. Do your research on the instructor as there are many hacks out there that pretend to know what the hell they are doing.

Let her do it on her own. Support her but don't get into it. You know your firearms and how to use them but teaching a loved one how to defend themselves with a pistol is best left to an instructor that will gain respect and attention that will not be given to a lover. It will also prevent you from getting into fights over stupid shit.

I did this with my wife. We found an instructor who is a retired green beret and police officer who trains military and private workers. He and his wife had an all girls training camp for concealed carry and defensive shooting. She love the class. She picked out her own weapon that she felt comfortable with.

My wife is now a better shot than me with a pistol. She loves her firearm that she picked out and is not afraid to blow your fucking head off if you intend to harm her or our family.

Invest the money into training her. Let her pick out whatever she wants for a pistol. Support her and praise her on her accomplishments. In the end, it will be much smoother than getting into fights over what you think she should do.

Good luck to you!

p.s. get super drunk and then drink two red bulls. try to open your hand operated quick safe. Have your wife time you. It takes just about enough time to open it to get killed. A weapon in a safe is only good for storage. It's not at the ready and will get you killed.

Edited by Stryker0946
  • Like 6

Speed and accuracy are the keys here. How about an open carry gun slinger low ride with a quick front break high security holster? Then lots of practice presenting and firing until she can do it in her sleep. Equipment, equipment, equipment, training, training and more training. Anything short of that is a false sense of security. Your clientele will understand. If they do not, to heck with them. The quick and the dead. I also would not choose a Glock. Actually a 1911 .45 type? Cocked and locked. With a Glock ADs and NDs come to mind. My opinion only. HB of CJ (old coot)

The key things here are, are you serious? This will NOT be a casual undertaking.

Most women aren't crazy about training and the like. If you got one that is great, if not i suggest a jframe they are easy to carry and thats more important than the ability to have pin point accuracy. The best thing to do in a defense situation is to have a gun. If shes got a 1911 I doubt shell carry it. I prefer a 1911 and thats a bitch to carry.

Get a 22mag jframe it will kick less than a 38 and have more rounds, shell be more likelyto have it on her person. If she shoots at a bad guy chances are they will run. Most bad guys dont want a fight and will run from one.

Edited by Ak Monty

My fiancee was looking at the bra rigs and they only work if the woman is endowed with bigger breasts or wears loose fitting shirts. She carries a m&p shed iwb in a desantis holster. Hides pretty well under a tank top and T-shirt.

The Remora Tuckable works  and is priced right.

Always let the woman pick the gun and the way they choose to carry, other wise it stays at home.  Carrying a gun is more personal with the Gal's

When they choose what they want, train them well. My Wife likes a purse and her gun is with her 24 / 7. She can draw as fast as I can, its just a matter of training.

Bra rigs are so stupid. Woman gets attacked and she has to rip her shirt off to get at the thing. Talk about pouring gas on the situation.

Incorrect, the right one is faster than IWB any day. My wife has one, Flashbang, with a LCP.

Good as anything inside ten yards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw

Edited by Rhodes1968

Bra rigs are so stupid. Woman gets attacked and she has to rip her shirt off to get at the thing. Talk about pouring gas on the situation.

Incorrect, the right one is faster than IWB any day. My wife has one, Flashbang, with a LCP.

Good as anything inside ten yards.

Pretty girl, and she is pretty good on the draw.

Man did I get nervous watching her point the gun at her chest to re-holster though.

If she was my girl, I'd rather see her carry IWB.

Edited by Spartacus

Glocks are fine for CCW ...if concerned about ND and AD, install a Siderlock trigger. I have one on my 19 and it stays cocked/locked with confidence. Button engage is right there along the way when your finger needs to move to the trigger. Press, and go. Button direction reversible as well.

The stock trigger isnt a safety, just an anti-creep device. Personally, I think The Siderlock, and XS Bigdots were the best upgrades I've made to my Glock. No nonsense. If anything, its added support for your defense case you'd surely have (as opposed to someone who changes to a 'hair trigger', for example).  

Edited by whatmanual

Whatmanual it could be argued the opposite. "So gung ho a factory gun wasnt "operator" enough for you huh"

There's always going to be a problem with whatever you carry in a court of law. What everyone needs to do is know the law and know when you can shoot in your state so you never go to court.