Bra rigs are so stupid. Woman gets attacked and she has to rip her shirt off to get at the thing. Talk about pouring gas on the situation.

Incorrect, the right one is faster than IWB any day. My wife has one, Flashbang, with a LCP.

Good as anything inside ten yards.

Pretty girl, and she is pretty good on the draw.

Man did I get nervous watching her point the gun at her chest to re-holster though.

If she was my girl, I'd rather see her carry IWB.

Well one points the pistol in the direction of several major arteries with IWB. Not shooting yourself is a good idea with any holster.

Women have a hard time finding a holster that works with their preferred attire, give em a break when they find one they like.

Glocks are fine for CCW ...if concerned about ND and AD, install a Siderlock trigger. I have one on my 19 and it stays cocked/locked with confidence. Button engage is right there along the way when your finger needs to move to the trigger. Press, and go. Button direction reversible as well.

The stock trigger isnt a safety, just an anti-creep device. Personally, I think The Siderlock, and XS Bigdots were the best upgrades I've made to my Glock. No nonsense. If anything, its added support for your defense case you'd surely have (as opposed to someone who changes to a 'hair trigger', for example).  

If you're not competent enough to carry a Glock, then why buy one?  Go buy a springfield with 25 different ways to make sure you don't fire your weapon.

I personally don't want any more devices than necessary to keep me from sending one (or more) down range.  My whole family is carrying unmolested Glocks with zero issues.  We all know to keep our finger off the trigger until go time though.

• Like 1

My eyes are getting old , how do you like your big dots?

My son thought the XS sights were a great idea so he picked up a set.  I shot it once, hated it, never shot it again.  Within a few weeks, he had standard trijicon night sights on and never looked back.

I'm with you.  My eyes are getting old and I went with trijicon HD's and love them.  Same theory, just a more standard platform which works much better for me than the lollypop.

A piece of advice on the HD's...  They sell orange rear which seems to be a great contrast.  But, until you read the fine print, you will not know that the orange are only guaranteed to glow for 5 years unlike the 12 for the yellow and green.  Buyer beware!

Glocks are fine for CCW ...if concerned about ND and AD, install a Siderlock trigger. I have one on my 19 and it stays cocked/locked with confidence. Button engage is right there along the way when your finger needs to move to the trigger. Press, and go. Button direction reversible as well.

The stock trigger isnt a safety, just an anti-creep device. Personally, I think The Siderlock, and XS Bigdots were the best upgrades I've made to my Glock. No nonsense. If anything, its added support for your defense case you'd surely have (as opposed to someone who changes to a 'hair trigger', for example).  

If you're not competent enough to carry a Glock, then why buy one?  Go buy a springfield with 25 different ways to make sure you don't fire your weapon.

I personally don't want any more devices than necessary to keep me from sending one (or more) down range.  My whole family is carrying unmolested Glocks with zero issues.  We all know to keep our finger off the trigger until go time though.

Marine and very competent, thank you very much. Please note: "Button engage is right there along the way when your finger needs to move to the trigger"

I just like the extra piece of mind because I prefer appendix carry over other positions. My point made was to help prevent AD, and that doesnt mean its a fickle finger issue. Don't judge who you dont know.

My eyes are getting old , how do you like your big dots?

Once I went Big Dots, never looked back. Yeah, age catching up with me as well and that's just how it goes. Its a new ballgame with them on there.

Try lining up a 3 dot system under stress (if you even get to present it, that is) and its just not the same as a sight alignment for a big dot.

The big dots are my personal choice. Tried them, liked them, don't plan on having different sights for a SD / CQ situation.

But as opinions differ, it really comes down to personal choice for all of it. What works for you reliably and safely is up to the shooter to decide.

Edited by whatmanual
  • Like 1

Whatmanual im sorry but a safety on the TRIGGER has to be the worst idea ever. You have to touch the trigger to disengage it. What if you decide to not shoot your teenager you caught sneaking back in the house and you mistaked him for a criminal, but your already disengaging the saftey and since your scared you go a little hard on the saftey and before you know it you killed your son accidentally because you forgot your marine training and couldnt just keep your finger off the trigger as a safety.

"when your finger needs to move to the trigger"... Whatever, Monty. You're so full of assumption and what if. What if someone beats you down and grabs it from you as you draw in a CQ situation where you weren't able to create the distance and that's the hand you're dealt? The guy can't pull the trigger, might buy you time to continue the fight, maybe. Or, while not the case/education/or situation here, some less trained guy has kids and for whatever reason sets it down or stores in a nightstand and the kid comes snooping? Yeah, accidental kid deaths happen too right? Theorize or troll If you like, that's fine. As I said, people should go with what works for them and train with in whatever platform. That one works for me for that setup. 

Edited by whatmanual

I've seen similar slide safety type devices for Glock etc. Not terribly impressed with those or the modifications involved. As mentioned, at that point, might as well carry something with a thumb safety. I settled with the trigger button because it doesn't get in the way should I decide to leave it off or on for an extra level. It adapted well with how I like to carry, and is seamless to me while practicing with it over the years. 

side note: I've gone "hard" on it numerous times disengaging it, and there's no trigger pull pushing on a sideways button. None. Simple mechanics.

Edited by whatmanual

That's a 1911 thumb saftey if I felt like I needed a saftey thats what id carry. It's natural and seemless using a 1911 saftey. I just see a gun for what it is a glock is what it is because it has no real saftey thats what I want if I'm carrying a glock.

• Like 1

Yes....I was referring to the safety mod for a Glock that has to modify and it prevents trigger pull or striker to fall. More or less adds a thumb safety to it. I knew what you were getting at.

For thumb safety types, I still fall back upon a Beretta. That's more a training favoritism there. Just too bulky/heavy for daily stuff.

But that goes into the whole 1911 vs Glock vs Beretta (or whatever else) debate. All boils down to whats been said before. What works for you given the need and skillset etc.

Edited by whatmanual

Everyone carries how they're comfortable. I would never add an external safety to a Glock pistol - I carry one because it won't go bang until I want it to, and it'll go bang every time when I need it to.

If someone else has a different view and wants a toggle safety, more power to them.

• Like 1

There is a reason Glock's do not come with a manual safety. They are one of the most popular and copied  guns around. Any gun is not safe because of its safety, it is safe because you have trained to be safe to a second nature.