LRBHO Functionality

Hey guys,

First I'm happy to say I gave in and got a V12.

Second, this shotgun IS much smoother than my Saiga out of the box and happy to say it has run with all that I have to feed it.

Now for the BHO,

I have seen reviews that complain that you have to have a empty mag in the weapon to operate the BHO.

I have looked but not seen anyone talk about this function in this forum (or missed it).

Clearly the release @ the trigger works well and I'm surprised at the ease of operating it.

Maybe I'm just behind the power curve but I have found how to operate the bolt hold open when the mag is not in the weapon and found it to be fairly easy to do.

Is anyone else familiar with this?

By simply pushing in on the button directly behind the mag release you can lock the bolt open without a mag inserted.

Just thought I would share this in case someone was not familiar with it..

post-41328-0-46447100-1398218448_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You must learn to use this functionality especially for range shooting, clay shooting, trap/skeet. It's the rule that you must have your action-open when carrying your firearm as a safety precaution for range officers and employees to verify and affirm safety rules or else you will be asked to check your action. The Saiga 12 has the same BHO function available, but the Saiga 12's BHO button is located where the bolt-release button is on the VEPR 12.

• 2 weeks later...