Zombie Shoot at Knob Creek Shooting Range, Louisville KY

Ok, here's my highlights of the shoot. I averaged 2rnds per target on the shotgun stage but bypassed on off in the woods completely so lost points.

I ran the pistol stage immediately after the shotgun and did terrible. Still shaky from the shooty run and didn't have my secondary prepped, etc.

The rifle stage was interesting. You had to adjust for drift, bob and an upwards elevation of maybe 30°. I dropped 2 out of 5 targets with 15rnds. Which I think was about average. Several hit 4 of the 5 and several hit none at all. Iirc, no one dropped all 5.

We had almost 30 shooters running various weapons/platforms with some fun open shooting later in the day. At least one FA and a high powered rifle got some range time during the open range.

Weather was great and everyone had a good time. Esp one 10yr(?) boy who out shot his dad on the pistol course with Dad's .45, lol.

• Like 2

Weather was great and everyone had a good time. Esp one 10yr(?) boy who out shot his dad on the pistol course with Dad's .45, lol.

First off he is 12 not 10!! lol.. Secondly he did miss 2  on the pistol course but not because of bad shooting but because he didn't see them. They were the 2 hidden behind the tree's. Third, I couldn't be more proud. He usually shoots a 9mm(which I left back at the hotel on accident) and has only shot the 45 once. He adapted very quickly and did a great job. He dropped the first 3 with one shot each! It seems like my time as the best shooter in the family is very limited! Maybe 3 or 4 more years until he takes over. 

Had a good time. Hope to see you at the next one.

• Like 2