years ago a company brought this in to see if we could mold some of the parts cheaper than milling them out of metal. they were also thinking about building a cheap one for airsoft and paint ball. the whole project fell down when they couldn't get the military wanting any of these at the time. I called them several times to pick up the sample one and found it still in a file cabinet the other day.

this thing lets you poke the gun around the corner and use the side view to sight with a dot and fire without poking your head around the corner. of course you can still sight from the rear of the gun too. works with a prism and it will rotate 360 so can be seen from both sides and the top of the gun.

post-26137-0-82902200-1398518328_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-35680100-1398518367_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-43281800-1398518406_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor

I've seen a few of those as airsoft products, not the same build quality.

http://www.evike.com/products/39616/

About 12+ years ago I saw the stg44 corner shot attachment on the history channel and had to have one for my airsoft gun.. Eventually I figured it best to make a periscope for the gun rather than an attachment onto the barrel. Mine was a little crude being made out of a mirror and a piece of PVC pipe. But it worked well enough to be banned for the field. 

Its something that has been tried a lot since WW1 , these new designs are better but still have a small window of practical use, because corners are still not bullet proof, so lingering by a corner trying to find the guy that just took a shot at you is still unwise.

Ideally one would be able to see through the scope without having to align it, which would allow for more rapid.. Fiber optics of some sort and a helmet mounted eye piece would be ideal.

I forget what kind of money they wanted to get out of these things but I didn't see it selling in that cost range. getting the prism was a high cost item for them as for the case it was very well made with seals and O-rings to make it water tight but you could buy a truck load of the ones like airsoft stuff uses and toss them if they got dirty or broke. it wasn't something that I said oh boy I want one of those more of neat toy but I'd never need it paper doesn't shoot back, Yet.