****Report: Pentagon to destroy $1B in ammunition

GUYS,

THEY'RE BUYING BILLIONS OF ROUNDS, BUT THEY WANT TO DESTROY A BILLION DOLLARS WORTH OF AMMO, ON THE OTHER HAND.

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BET THAT THE NEXT STEP IN THIS MADNESS IS TO BUY EVEN MORE AMMO TO REPLACE WHAT THEY'VE JUST DESTROYED.

THEREBY DEPRIVING THE CIVILIAN MARKET EVEN MORE.

THE INMATES ARE TRULY RUNNING THE ASYLUM!!!!

THAT IS, IF THIS ISN'T INTENTIONAL AND PLANNED..............

JESS

Don't forget that "ammunition" in this report refers to ALL types of munitions in all 4 Services, which also includes artillery and various missiles. I don't think those will count much toward "depriving the civilian market."  ;)

This report is just another example of many of Gov't inefficiency and waste that should have been corrected decades ago!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The ammo should be help in a pool higher up the supply chain and issued as needed, and returned when unneeded.

However much of the ammo being destroyed is likely missiles and high explosives as they have a shorter service life.

• Like 1

Heard on the radio that because of regulations the different services cant share ammunition even if it's the same caliber. Read a report a month ago that the army was not training as much because of shortage of ammo. A government Absolutely full of idiots.

• Like 2

They could give it to me, I'll dispose of it properly. :smoke:

You should call Sen. Leland Yee out in Kalli. He may still have some connections. A small campaign contribution for his run for office after prison should get you in like Flynn.

• Like 1

They could give it to me, I'll dispose of it properly. 000.gif

You should call Sen. Leland Yee out in Kalli. He may still have some connections. A small campaign contribution for his run for office after prison should get you in like Flynn.

Don't worry, after his prison term (if he serves one) he'll probably get re-elected in that wacky state.

CHEVY,

ACTUALLY, MY ORIGINAL POST ON THIS WAS FIRST, BY A FEW MINUTES.

HOWEVER, WHEN I PUNCHED THE BUTTON TO POST IT, IT SEEMED TO EVAPORATE, AND BY THE TIME I GOT BACK TO MY AOL, COPIED IT OFF THE EMAIL I'D SENT OUT TO FRIENDS, AGAIN, AND GOT BACK HERE, PULLED UP THE POST FORM, PASTED IT IN, COPIED AND PASTED TO THE SUBJECT LINE, FILLED OUT THE CATEGORY, AND AT LAST WAS ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY POST IT, MR. YAK, UNBEKNOWNST TO ME, HAD ALREADY POSTED HIS.

AT LEAST WE CITED DIFFERENT SOURCES, MINE BEING FROM STARS AND STRIPES.

JESS1344

No accountability, to anyone, for anything.

And these knuckle-heads want us to believe in "global warming" so that they can be entrusted with trillions of dollars in new taxation?

There are very few things that the US Govt. does efficiently.

Edited by Sim_Player

So how much of this is granades, bombs, mortar shells, missiles, tank shells....etc...etc.. I wouldnt doubt that thats whsts making the bulk of the price and not $1B in small arms ammo

• Like 2

Agreed Arik, but my thought is how much could still be used for training. Admittedly, some of the "big" stuff may not be safe to fire anymore. If we worry about a pipe jam in our small arms, what could it do to a tank or naval guns?

I don't think they train with live grenades, they have special chalk rounds for the 40mm launchers. Exploding rounds are fairly dangerous stuff.

It does seem likely that a little better inventory data would reduce some of the waste.. However arms have to be stored in the event of a conflict, even if they are never used.

We used to use live 40s out beyond 200yrds back in the mid 80s. I got pretty good at disintegrating those concrete Ruskies at 300yrds, lol. The orange chalk was for closer range. But that was what..30 years ago?

I don't think they train with live grenades, they have special chalk rounds for the 40mm launchers. Exploding rounds are fairly dangerous stuff.

It does seem likely that a little better inventory data would reduce some of the waste.. However arms have to be stored in the event of a conflict, even if they are never used.

there's always live fire training.  here is a report how the army is cutting live fire all the while they are destroying live ammo. 

http://kitup.military.com/2014/03/army-cutting-live-fire-training.html

So how much of this is granades, bombs, mortar shells, missiles, tank shells....etc...etc.. I wouldnt doubt that thats whsts making the bulk of the price and not $1B in small arms ammo

What they should do is bury this shit with trip wires in the caves in Afghanistan before they leave...........

• Like 1