I have the MD one, right off the bat it didn't work, had to tweak the spring, which wasn't a biggie. but I also had to work on the inside of the feed tower, which I shouldn't have had to do.   the PRO-MAG drum I bought didn't need any tweaking to fit in the mag well or spring adjustment etc.., worked  perfectly from the git go

anytime you buy anything, there is going to be a lemon in the mix, like I had with the MD one. it really comes down to customer service and how well they take care of the customer, instead of just taking your money.   trying to contact Daniels on several occasions was  fruitless, didn't return e-mails,  phone call,  so I had to fix something that shouldn't have needed any fixing to begin with.  

lessons learned for me, never to buy ANY products from MD ARMS or any product with the MD ARMS name on it period,

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

check out these: 

Saiga 12 Gauge 12 Round Drum - Promag

http://www.mississippiautoarms.com/saiga-12-gauge-12-round-drum-promag-p-1179.html

I have owned 16 of the MD-20s and never had a problem with them that wasn't directly the fault of the weapon, even then the weapon just needed work. I am not easy on things and usually fire between 400-800 rounds per session. Some of my MD-20s have been used in torrential downpours, had corroded ammo forced into them, they have been thrown around, and have thousands of rounds on them. They are as tough as I can imagine a lightweight drum mag being and I see no legitimate reason to try anything else unless I wanted lower capacity or a more compact size.

A trip down memory lane.... there are a few MD-20s used in this ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcnHTVU-7vI

• Like 3

I have the MD one, right off the bat it didn't work, had to tweak the spring, which wasn't a biggie. but I also had to work on the inside of the feed tower, which I shouldn't have had to do.   the PRO-MAG drum I bought didn't need any tweaking to fit in the mag well or spring adjustment etc.., worked  perfectly from the git go

anytime you buy anything, there is going to be a lemon in the mix, like I had with the MD one. it really comes down to customer service and how well they take care of the customer, instead of just taking your money.   trying to contact Daniels on several occasions was  fruitless, didn't return e-mails,  phone call,  so I had to fix something that shouldn't have needed any fixing to begin with.  

lessons learned for me, never to buy ANY products from MD ARMS or any product with the MD ARMS name on it period,

You say you have the MD one. Did you sell the promags?

If you had to reduce the spring tension on the MD-20 drum for it to work your gun was running weak or needed broke in more. This is covered in the detailed user's guide provided with the magazine. Also I'm not sure what you modified inside the feed tower but I am sure it was not at all necessary and highly doubt it helped anything at all. As far as having to fit the magazine to your gun... These saiga's have became increasingly tight in the mag hook up. We thought it better to adjust fit, just like the factory does with the supplied 5rd magazine, to the gun than to have a flopping mag that fits all guns out of the box. With the increased tightness of these guns a floppy mag might not be as much as a problem now in newer guns but at the time of the MD-20 development it was very much a reality.

Also to note we have never had a single "lemon" mag produced or returned. Even drums we have not released due to defect have all been cosmetic defects and everyone would have been perfectly functional if released. We have had a very small handful of people claim to have a "lemon" drum and everyone upon return have been just as we suspected, in perfect working condition... The only problem we have ever had is people messing up the fitting by removing way to much material.

the PRO-MAGS  work, so why should I sell them?  I seriously consider selling your drum, after trying to contact you on several occasions and getting no response, this was several years ago. but I didn't want to rip somebody off with a non-functioning drum.

I just made the huge  mistake of breaking my own rule about buying items from companies that don't take CC, because of the excellent reviews you received, boy I got fooled there.  but that is the last time no matter how good the reviews are.   if it was by CC, believe me I would have had my CC company do  a charge back on you as non responsive to workmanship issue. as it was I had to work on it to get it to function

If you had to reduce the spring tension on the MD-20 drum for it to work your gun was running weak or needed broke in more. This is covered in the detailed user's guide provided with the magazine.

before I bought your drum, I put well over 300+ shells through it, all of them either 00 buck or slugs, so that notion that it needed "breaking in" doesn't hold water.

Also I'm not sure what you modified inside the feed tower but I am sure it was not at all necessary and highly doubt it helped anything at all.

I didn't modify anything  in the feedtower, what I had to do was to remove excess plastic inside front of the tower that was causing the shell to hang up. and before you come up with the idea that I was using 3in shells or out of spec shells, or hand loaded shells  that isn't the case at all. these were all 2.75 inch factory shells from 4 different ammunition manufacturers. doing those 2 things is how I finally got the thing working.

anyway, it's water under the bridge, I got it to work. I'm just really disappointed that your customer service was non-existent, maybe it was just during a bad time or whatever.  but unless things have dramatically change since then, I certainly will give folks a heads-up that if they have a problem with their drums, not to expect anything after the sale. it certainly is the first and last product I will buy from you,

Regardless of your results with lower capacity mags if you had to reduce the tension of the drum when firing low power ammo your gun was not up to par... I am positive that any material removed from the front of the magazine for feeding was completely unnecessary and would like to see pics. I would like to look up your emails and order, is your user name the name you ordered under? We have always taken credit cards and have received probably less than 150 non card payments for online orders. All those chose the payment method themselves... I do apologize for any unanswered emails as we certainly went dark for awhile. I am back and renewed now and ready to address any issues and bring our Customer Service back to the great quality it once was.

I have the MD one, right off the bat it didn't work, had to tweak the spring, which wasn't a biggie. but I also had to work on the inside of the feed tower, which I shouldn't have had to do. the PRO-MAG drum I bought didn't need any tweaking to fit in the mag well or spring adjustment etc.., worked perfectly from the git go

anytime you buy anything, there is going to be a lemon in the mix, like I had with the MD one. it really comes down to customer service and how well they take care of the customer, instead of just taking your money. trying to contact Daniels on several occasions was fruitless, didn't return e-mails, phone call, so I had to fix something that shouldn't have needed any fixing to begin with.

lessons learned for me, never to buy ANY products from MD ARMS or any product with the MD ARMS name on it period,

If you had to reduce the spring tension on the MD-20 drum for it to work your gun was running weak or needed broke in more. This is covered in the detailed user's guide provided with the magazine. Also I'm not sure what you modified inside the feed tower but I am sure it was not at all necessary and highly doubt it helped anything at all. As far as having to fit the magazine to your gun... These saiga's have became increasingly tight in the mag hook up. We thought it better to adjust fit, just like the factory does with the supplied 5rd magazine, to the gun than to have a flopping mag that fits all guns out of the box. With the increased tightness of these guns a floppy mag might not be as much as a problem now in newer guns but at the time of the MD-20 development it was very much a reality.

Also to note we have never had a single "lemon" mag produced or returned. Even drums we have not released due to defect have all been cosmetic defects and everyone would have been perfectly functional if released. We have had a very small handful of people claim to have a "lemon" drum and everyone upon return have been just as we suspected, in perfect working condition... The only problem we have ever had is people messing up the fitting by removing way to much material.

So your the only company in the world that has a 0% failure rate, mmmmmmm....... right. And your no longer making drums anymore so its irrelevant anyway. And if they are 100% everytime why stop making them?

There was someone going to make a steel drum that will take 3" not long ago. They arent available yet but maybe worth the wait.

What I said was to date we have not had a single drum shipped out that was defective and any drum we deemed unfit to ship out was do to cosmetic reasons. Every great once in awhile the metal pin that the cover and sprocket attaches to can get smashed when the mold closes. When that happens you can't even assemble that drum... The material we use doesn't have the shrinkage and warping issues that a lot of other plastics used has. That is why no one has ever had a drum of ours that the tower shrunk in to tight for a shell to go through. That is a fact weather you believe it or not... With the exception of an occasional smashed pin, if the mold fills it is a functional part. I challenge anyone to produce a defective MD-20 drum. Produce me one and I will replace it with 25 new drums!

• Like 1

What I said was to date we have not had a single drum shipped out that was defective and any drum we deemed unfit to ship out was do to cosmetic reasons. Every great once in awhile the metal pin that the cover and sprocket attaches to can get smashed when the mold closes. When that happens you can't even assemble that drum... The material we use doesn't have the shrinkage and warping issues that a lot of other plastics used has. That is why no one has ever had a drum of ours that the tower shrunk in to tight for a shell to go through. That is a fact weather you believe it or not... With the exception of an occasional smashed pin, if the mold fills it is a functional part. I challenge anyone to produce a defective MD-20 drum. Produce me one and I will replace it with 25 new drums!

I like this answer and how if someone happens to come up with a bad drum you stand by it. I've never heard anything bad about then I'm just saying no-one can have a100% success rate

I'll buy your MD-20 drum for $50 if you don't want it bro lol

sure, I'll sell it to you. just hop on a plane going to Borgata, Columbia I'll meet you there and sell it to you, how's that sound?