G&G Hawk custom "TANGENT" assisted flipper. . .

Someone had the bright idea to host a 1st Annual International Seattle Knife Show this past weekend. . . so I figured I should drop-in and take a look-see (since one of my other passions is collecting sharp, pointy things laugh.png).  Anyway, after spending a little time with Gavin Hawk (of "Grant & Gavin Hawk") I ended up walking out with one of his latest designs, what he calls the "Tangent" flipper.  This particular example has a Lightning Strike Carbon Fiber (LSCF) and titanium frame, Damascus steel blade of course, and the scales on the handle are genuine elephant ivory (something thanks to Obummer will be illegal to sell come the end of May).

CIMG5693_zps9952711a.jpg

CIMG5697_zps35f63d2f.jpg

CIMG5709_zps1797e123.jpg

GampGHawkcustomTANGENT_2_zps9ba1b57b.jpg

CIMG5702_zpsbcda7d7b.jpg

CIMG5707_zpse9d9dbaf.jpg

The "Tangent" has an assisted flipper mechanism. . . which is simply a silicon band incorporated into the frame's mechanism.  You can see the black silicon band along the bottom portion of the knife's spine:

CIMG5684_zpsb00c27a8.jpg

Below is a photo of two other examples of "assisted flipper" knives that are G&G Hawk creations and which I own.  The first one at left is the "BEETLE" and the second is called the "LINKS".  Ahhhh. . . I'm a bit of a G&G Hawk enthusiast.

CIMG5345_zps6f18653a.jpg

Edited by Gary
  • Like 3

That skull should be mounted on a hammer handle just to crush... um... skulls. beaten.gif

Ahhh. . . not sure what you are conveying with that.

Anyway, here's another photo of that skull, with it's bro (since folks seem to like skulls so much. . . nothing wrong with that!)

Robotic_Mechanizedsolidresinskulls001.jp

Edited by Gary

That skull should be mounted on a hammer handle just to crush... um... skulls. beaten.gif

Ahhh. . . not sure what you are conveying with that.

Anyway, here's another photo of that skull, with it's bro (since folks seem to like skulls so much. . . nothing wrong with that!)

Robotic_Mechanizedsolidresinskulls001.jp

Like a mace or shillelagh.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...