• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The difference in the one I got at Wal-Mart and the harris I've got was the angle. The harris is more obtuse while the more acute angle of the Wal-Mart causes the rifle to be able to tip over easier.

Mine seems pretty stable I haven't noticed it wanting to tip over. That being said I can't find a name on it anywhere. Just a string of numbers. Looking at pictures doesn't help because the copies look really close too. I seem to remember when I bought mine that I had a choice of a name brand or knockoff and I spent more money. What ever you get I think a bipod is a good choice. The only time I don't use mine is when I already have my sandbags out.

Geez have to hit the dumbbells just to be able to effectively use a S308 so really shy of adding any more weight.

Watching you guy's results, may have to just grow stronger if the benefits warrant it.

the s308 is actually really light for a semiautomatic 308 rifle.

Geez have to hit the dumbbells just to be able to effectively use a S308 so really shy of adding any more weight.

Watching you guy's results, may have to just grow stronger if the benefits warrant it.

the s308 is actually really light for a semiautomatic 308 rifle.

Ok just weighed one of mine with a full load 20rd steel mag- 13lbs. 

That aint really light unless you just walking out to the truck.

IIRC the BAR weighed in at 16lbs and it was rumored to have drowned guys at Normandy.

And yes Ive used other 308s, AR10 feels much lighter more like under 10lbs.

All depending on how big the mag is of course, heaviest rifle I have is a x39 when it has a full drum locked.

Seriously weight matters when fine muscle movements are involved.

IIRC the BAR weighed in at 16lbs and it was rumored to have drowned guys at Normandy.

that's all that is;  rumor,  more precise a myth.  what drown a lot of soldiers was the 60+lbs of equipment and gear that was strapped to their bodies.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

that's all that is;  rumor,  more precise a myth.  what drown a lot of soldiers was the 60+lbs of equipment and gear that was strapped to their bodies.

Yeah that would be more correct, couple hundred rounds of 30-06 would do it.

For some odd reason the Army didnt think water had weight, as the guys scaling that cliff found out with wet ropes.

Anyone want to test it out?

Edited by Rhodes1968
  • 3 weeks later...