Ok, I have a Mossberg 500 tactical.  Full extended tube goes to the end of the barrel.  Now it  does not come with a sling swivel on the end of it and I want to attach one to it.  But, low and behold the tube cap does not come off.  Once I remove the barrel the tube cap stays  on the barrel assembly.  The cap just free spins till I put the barrel back on to it.. Any help would be appreciated.

it doesnt have the little threaded whole on the tube attachment things? mid barrel(brain fart right now cant really remember the official name) usually the 500s have a tiny threaded spot for a sling attachment. It is usually at the end of the barrel or further down on the tactical model but should be the same?

Edited by Chevyman097

The barrel has a ring, with the magazine cap attached. Once you unscrew the cap it stays attached to the barrel which you can remove.  The end cap free spins on the barrel assembly and for the life of me I can not think of how to get it off.  Sad isnt it.

right on the mossbergs(its been a long time) from my experience that cap does not come off. It should have a spot on the bottom of the part that the cap is on that has a threaded hole that you put an eye piece in for the sling. Check it out.

Ok, so once you unscrew it, the barrel lifts off and its stays attached to the barrel...There are no other attachment spots on the barrel at all.  This perplexes me.

There is a hole, I believe it is threaded.  I will check out the local fleet farm to find a way to attach a swivel to it.

Thanks Chevy.

post-46614-0-22909700-1399082897_thumb.jpeg

BAH! been fighting with my phone and did not even see your other post. haha. Sorry. Was obviously trying to adress other issues and not noticing you already solved one.

You can buy the swivel screws online. You can try the fleet farm but id doubt they have a piece that will fit that. Ive never had luck with hardware stores and gun parts.

I know this is a non vendor sight and im in no way promoting it. Im simply posting this for reference. If any vendors would like to sell the OP this part by all means.

This is the screw you need.

you should be able to get it from many places.

http://www.brownells.com/shooting-accessories/slings-sling-swivels/sling-swivel-studs/q-d-stud-front-black-sku631000325-20479-45365.aspx

and this to go with it.

post-21803-0-55442800-1399084981.png

Edited by Chevyman097

The tube cap is threaded for a sling swivel. I didn't like it on mine all the way up front. I went with a simple, but solid mounting option;

$T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHri6NBRgwY7HzeQ~~60_35.J

Their like $12. Search "Mossberg Persuader sling mounts"

• Like 2

The tube cap is threaded for a sling swivel. I didn't like it on mine all the way up front. I went with a simple, but solid mounting option;

$T2eC16FHJIQE9qUHri6NBRgwY7HzeQ~~60_35.J

Their like $12. Search "Mossberg Persuader sling mounts"

You beat me to it.  I knew there was a sling mount out there that used the barrel screw.

I prefer the receiver mounted versions with the front mounted on a barrel clamp. For whatever reason you fuck up your barrel screw, I have a factory spare that you can have if you decide you want it reid.

I'm in the middle of some long work days right now but there is a tool to take the cap off. I did it with mine, I'll find it (I think) this week. I'm pretty sure I got it with my swivel stud cap and I never throw that stuff out.