My favorite gunshop closed. The closest FFL is some guy who runs transfers from him house. I went there to pick up a transfer. Filled out the form as I always do. I am a premanent resident, not a U.S. citizen, and I filled out the form accordingly. Yes I can own guns, and have a carry permit. Theres a special field where I put my resident number and countries of citizenship.

When the dealer was putting all the info into his computer to check my background, he accidentally had country of citizenship as "U.S. citizen", and then ran the check. The check passed instantly, which threw me off, because as a permanent resident I always get a delay. I pointed this out to him, but he said its all ok (WTF?). He sent me on my way with the gun.

After getting some advice from an actual gun shop, I called him and asked if he could cancel/void the previous check and run a new one with all relevant info. He claims to have talked to all the relevant authorities to figure out how to do it properly, and that I got a deny. I have a squaky clean record.

How do I appeal this? I went onto the FBI website and filled out a form with the transaction number, persoanl info, and a brief description of what happened. The site said that I would get a letter within 5 days or something like that.

Even though it was the appeal form, the impression that I got from it is that they will just send me a letter with the reason why I was denied. What do I do to actually try and appeal this? Or did I do this right?

Anyone have to appeal a deny before?

Even though it was the appeal form, the impression that I got from it is that they will just send me a letter with the reason why I was denied. What do I do to actually try and appeal this?

the letter you get on why you got denied should have all the info in it for you to appeal the denial. I believe that you will need to send in fingerprints and other documentation

• Like 1

Even though it was the appeal form, the impression that I got from it is that they will just send me a letter with the reason why I was denied. What do I do to actually try and appeal this?

the letter you get on why you got denied should have all the info in it for you to appeal the denial. I believe that you will need to send in fingerprints and other documentation

I was under the impression that the fingerprint scenario is only true if there is an identity verification issue? I have a unique name and always supply SSN, and am required to supply  a unique resident number.

I think I got denied because the goofball FFL didn't know which number to supply to the NICS. All other stores take that number and make things happen. This goof FFL described to me how he had to argue with NICS to get them to accept my resident number, and that they said the number was wrong. Maybe he claimed I was a non-immigrant alien this time or something.

Right now I only get a delay becasue NICS isnt linked to immigration, so they have to call and check if the resident number is in good standing. Once I am a citizen they wont have to do this. Do you think that I will now always get a delay (even after I get citizenship) becasue I got denied once?

Edited by Agent Lemon

>>I have a unique name and always supply SSN, and am required to supply  a unique resident number.

You are not a citizen and you have a SSN?

Do you pay US & State income tax?

Don't take this personally, but I don't think we should allow firearms access to foreign nationals.

There has been a number of high profile problems with that in the past (Virginia Tech, etc.).

I would also favor a waiting period for those who become citizens.

Sounds funny coming from a guy who believes the 2A literally, no infringements.

However, US Constitutional rights are for "We the People" meaning US citizens.

It's not "We the planet" or anybody who wanders across our border.

This is especially since the US Gov. does not care to enforce security at our borders.

Like I said, don't take what I said personally, just my opinion.

Note: If I piss off anybody with this.... too bad.

• Like 3

Wait a minute, You said that he sent you on your way with the gun, you call him back, and THEN you get denied. What's WRONG with this picture. If I got "approved", then "denied", and I have the gun, it's apparent this dipshit screwed up.

I'd be talking with the alphabet boys and finding me a new guy to do transfers. He screwed up, NOT you, if need be, surrender the gun to them, and then go after his ass for screwing up and maybe screwing you over.

Did he ever ask you to return the gun after he said you where denied?

• Like 1

>>I have a unique name and always supply SSN, and am required to supply  a unique resident number.

Don't take this personally, but I don't think we should allow firearms access to foreign nationals.

There has been a number of high profile problems with that in the past (Virginia Tech, etc.).

This is especially since the US Gov. does not care to enforce security at our borders.

Spartacus,

What most people miss in the bill of rights (or don't agree with ) is the fact that it applies to anyone on US soil. The founders were very clear on this.

The other thing people confuse is immigration and illegal entry to the US. The difference is as stark as buying a ticket to a concert and jumping the fence.

If agent lemon has a permanent resident card (green card) he has earned it and has basically all the same rights as you, me and our ancestors who emigrated here except the right to vote. Including 2A RIGHTS. I can tell you first hand it don't come easy.

"Easy" is the fuckwads that jump the fence, hence the difficulty in quality people coming into the US.

• Like 3

Good points Long Shot.

I still disagree that green card=guns, but I can see where the problems with that start.

That leads down the road of picking and choosing who gets their civil rights.

(definitely not good)

But then again, we have millions of people who "jumped the fence" and they are all getting

everything handed to them, drivers license, welfare, and probably green card and citizenship at some point.

So if any country wanted to overthrow the US, they just come here, get their green cards, get their guns and

then wait for the signal.

We have a big fucking mess with no easy solutions.    amazing.gif

• Like 1

>>I have a unique name and always supply SSN, and am required to supply a unique resident number.

The bill of rights are rights "godgiven" and confirmed by the state does god not exist outside of the us?

• Like 1

I concur.

Lesson learned...  When you have the weapon...  Keep yer mouth shut and move on no matter who screwed the pooch.

• Like 1

>>I have a unique name and always supply SSN, and am required to supply a unique resident number.

I concur.

Lesson learned... When you have the weapon... Keep yer mouth shut and move on no matter who screwed the pooch.

+1 why would you care what happened after you got the weapon?

We will have to agree to disagree. My wife has a green card and is a Slovak national. She is the mother of my two American children and has taken hunters safety in Montana and multiple concealed carry and defensive pistol and shotgun classes. She can legally purchase and own firearms and carry them openly or concealed. She has a duty to protect her family as do I.

She has a social security number, a tax identification number, pays more in taxes than a majority of Americans, speaks our language and embraced it's culture.

In my opinion, you have the same mind set as a liberal anti-gunner in this situation. It's not the tool, it's the individual. A scum bag could do just as much or more damage with a gallon of gas or a car.

Our rights apply to everybody who is LEGALLY ON AMERICAN SOIL. Your family enjoyed those rights when they came over on the boat from europe or wherever. Same thing applies today.

If green card holders can't own firearms then they can't practice religion freely or have freedom of speech. Would you want that? If so, please move to china.

Lemon, your dealer screwed up and the mistake got on the radar when you tried to correct it. I believe you were supposed to check that box and not your dealer. You will have to re-apply and expect the full three days wait from now on. You may want to check into a concealed carry permit that will allow you to obtain your weapons that day.

If you are interested in a can, sbr, sbs or aow... Set up a living trust. You may list multiple officers on the trust to take care of the trust and it's components.

Good luck!

• Like 4

^^^THIS^^^

Either ALL of the Constitution applies.... or, NONE of it does.

Macbeau send...

We will have to agree to disagree. My wife has a green card and is a Slovak national. She is the mother of my two American children and has taken hunters safety in Montana and multiple concealed carry and defensive pistol and shotgun classes. She can legally purchase and own firearms and carry them openly or concealed. She has a duty to protect her family as do I.

She has a social security number, a tax identification number, pays more in taxes than a majority of Americans, speaks our language and embraced it's culture.

In my opinion, you have the same mind set as a liberal anti-gunner in this situation. It's not the tool, it's the individual. A scum bag could do just as much or more damage with a gallon of gas or a car.

Our rights apply to everybody who is LEGALLY ON AMERICAN SOIL. Your family enjoyed those rights when they came over on the boat from europe or wherever. Same thing applies today.

If green card holders can't own firearms then they can't practice religion freely or have freedom of speech. Would you want that? If so, please move to china.

Lemon, your dealer screwed up and the mistake got on the radar when you tried to correct it. I believe you were supposed to check that box and not your dealer. You will have to re-apply and expect the full three days wait from now on. You may want to check into a concealed carry permit that will allow you to obtain your weapons that day.

If you are interested in a can, sbr, sbs or aow... Set up a living trust. You may list multiple officers on the trust to take care of the trust and it's components.

Good luck!

^^^THIS^^^

Either ALL of the Constitution applies.... or, NONE of it does.

Macbeau send...

Edited by macbeau
  • Like 1

Agent lemon...Be very careful ..i am a new US citizen to this country..and if any govt document that has been filled out and claimed that you declare yourself as a US citizen..you can be subject to possibly loose your green card and subject to removal according to immigration and naturalization..If the INS does not catch on to this ...and by the time you are ready to become a US citizen..your interview will go the other way..because one of the first questions that the INS officer will ask you is... Have you ever claimed yourself  as a US citizen or Voted on any govt official document while being a permanent resident..If you say yes..You can forget about becoming a US citizen..I would also advise you to contact your local immigration Attorney for further legal professional advice..

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING LINK BELOW..I THINK THIS WOULD BE VERY IMPORTANT TO YOU ON THIS MATTER

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-falsely-claiming-us-citizen-can-deportable.html

Edited by voonman
  • Like 2

Agent lemon...Be very careful ..i am a new US citizen to this country..and if any govt document that has been filled out and claimed that you declare yourself as a US citizen..you can be subject to possibly loose your green card and subject to removal according to immigration and naturalization..If the INS does not catch on to this ...and by the time you are ready to become a US citizen..your interview will go the other way..because one of the first questions that the INS officer will ask you is... Have you ever claimed yourself  as a US citizen or Voted on any govt official document while being a permanent resident..If you say yes..You can forget about becoming a US citizen..I would also advise you to contact your local immigration Attorney for further legal professional advice..

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING LINK BELOW..I THINK THIS WOULD BE VERY IMPORTANT TO YOU ON THIS MATTER

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-falsely-claiming-us-citizen-can-deportable.html

He can honestly say he did not. It was an error on behalf of his Dealer. The dealer was at fault.

If you can understand basic english, you can do everything an immigration attorney can with a little reading time and some trips to your local DHS office.

Not everybody wants to be a citizen either.

• Like 1

True..not everyone wants to be a citizen..That is understandable..also mistakes happen..but if i were him ..i would get it rectified ASAP...And also immigration and naturalization dont give a s#*t about your mistakes or the dealers mistakes..if the matter does not get resolved ..he can look at possible removal from the country..See the immigration laws on this matter..

Speaking from experience..The INS is one Macdaddy you do not want to be fu%ki#ng with...If he is reading this..He needs to look at the back of his green card and tell me what it says above the mirrored half of it..

Edited by voonman

Good luck!

Good points from you too Stryker.

I agree that we are talking about the God given rights as affirmed by the US Constitution.

>>In my opinion, you have the same mind set as a liberal anti-gunner in this situation.

I can see why you would say that, and I'll admit I'm a bit torn on this issue..... but lib anti-gunner?

No.

I'll just say that I'm still nervous about green card holders having access to guns.

Once immigrants become US Citizens, then I wouldn't have a problem with it.

There's really no problem though since it's not up to me to decide the issue anyway.    :)

The whole idea behind the Bill of Rights was a documented establishment of rights deemed inherent to all men - there was no intent nor mention of borders restricting those rights - merely an establishment that those right would be honored by the United States of America.

• Like 1

Good luck!

I agree that we are talking about the God given rights as affirmed by the US Constitution.

>>In my opinion, you have the same mind set as a liberal anti-gunner in this situation.

I can see why you would say that, and I'll admit I'm a bit torn on this issue..... but lib anti-gunner?

No.

I'll just say that I'm still nervous about green card holders having access to guns.

There's really no problem though since it's not up to me to decide the issue anyway.    smile.png

I know you are very far from an anti gunner. I was just hoping to show you what I see as a similarity between your thought on the matter and what liberals fruit boots think. They see a pistol as a weapon when the weapon is the mind.

Can't blame you about being nervous about green card holders. They give them away these days. But, there are probably more illegals with weapons than green card holders with guns so we can play the odds.

Many do not want to become citizens. My wife for one. She is a Slovak National with a bunch of land that was taken from her family by Nazi scum. Her family has control of the land now and it will go to her so long as she is a Slovak national. She also has other business over there that requires her to remain a national.

On the other hand. I wish DHS would do their job and remove illegals and deport any green card holders that do not work, pay taxes or are found guilty of a crime that would call for more than 10 years in jail. This would keep them in check better.

Personally, I'm far more concerned about people on psych meds. They are truly a ticking time bomb.

• Like 1

True..not everyone wants to be a citizen..That is understandable..also mistakes happen..but if i were him ..i would get it rectified ASAP...And also immigration and naturalization dont give a s#*t about your mistakes or the dealers mistakes..if the matter does not get resolved ..he can look at possible removal from the country..See the immigration laws on this matter..

Speaking from experience..The INS is one Macdaddy you do not want to be fu%ki#ng with...If he is reading this..He needs to look at the back of his green card and tell me what it says above the mirrored half of it..

He did not make the mistake. He may honestly answer the question no and not mention anything else. I have been dealing with the INS DHS et all for many years and have never used a third party debt collector to present my business. Representation is for the invalids. He is already working on a correction in this matter and shows good faith by correcting an honest error not produced by him self or his person. No need to freak the lemon out and make him think he will be deported. This would never get him deported and I am willing to bet on it.

Speaking from first hand experience, the INS is nothing to fear and is a decent organization that understands the importance of people who contribute the the economy. They are a public service that has to deal with a bunch of red tape and politics lately, before that and in the near future it will be a streamlined and level operation.

Good luck!

No.

There's really no problem though since it's not up to me to decide the issue anyway.    smile.png

I know you are very far from an anti gunner. I was just hoping to show you what I see as a similarity between your thought on the matter and what liberals fruit boots think. They see a pistol as a weapon when the weapon is the mind.

Can't blame you about being nervous about green card holders. They give them away these days. But, there are probably more illegals with weapons than green card holders with guns so we can play the odds.

Many do not want to become citizens. My wife for one. She is a Slovak National with a bunch of land that was taken from her family by Nazi scum. Her family has control of the land now and it will go to her so long as she is a Slovak national. She also has other business over there that requires her to remain a national.

On the other hand. I wish DHS would do their job and remove illegals and deport any green card holders that do not work, pay taxes or are found guilty of a crime that would call for more than 10 years in jail. This would keep them in check better.

Personally, I'm far more concerned about people on psych meds. They are truly a ticking time bomb.

I have been enlightened again here.  Thanks for giving us your personal perspective.  I thought the same as Spartacus until you brought this up.  Not exactly sure how I feel, but I won't be casting uneducated statements against this.

• Like 2

The whole idea behind the Bill of Rights was a documented establishment of rights deemed inherent to all men - there was no intent nor mention of borders restricting those rights - merely an establishment that those right would be honored by the United States of America.

+1 finally someone understands the bill of right applys to all people not just americans.

Good luck!

I checked the rigth box on the form. I never checked the box on the from that said citizen, I checked the other one that had a blank space to say what country youre a citizen of. He did the background check on a computer, and in the forms on the computer he accidentally put U.S. citizen.

Voonman, I hear you. I never claim to be a citizen though. Also I thought about the whole claiming citizenship thing right after he called me to tell me that I was denied when he tried to run a check the second time. I gave the gun back to him and then checked all the aplicable laws. Though I already knew that non-citizens cannot claim to be citizens, apperantly it only applies when you try to get governmnet benefits, or mortgages, or vote, etc. I'd never claim to be a citizen regardless.

Basically the dealer messed up, and he admitted this to me. He said that the second time he ran the check, he didn't know where to put my immigration number (wtf?). He called NICS and they told him the number was too short. I'm assuming that he told them that im a non-immigrant alien or something else, something that would have a longer number. He said he had to argue with NICS to get them to accept the number I provided.

Sigh. Hopefully I get that appeal form in the mail soon.

Edited by Agent Lemon

+1 finally someone understands the bill of right applys to all people not just americans.

Shandlanos and Monty.... I agree with that ideology (protection of God given rights for everybody) but we do run into problems with that.

Do we allow all foreign nationals access to weapons?

If a Taliban immigrates here it's A-OK for him to buy whatever weapons he wants?

Drug cartel immigrants who have no US criminal record yet?

All immigrants from countries we are at war with?

This country does have enemies, we send our young men and women to go fight them.

If those same enemies make it to our shores, then they have full Constitutional rights including 2A?

Shandlanos and Monty.... I agree with that ideology (protection of God given rights for everybody) but we do run into problems with that.

If a Taliban immigrates here it's A-OK for him to buy whatever weapons he wants?

This country does have enemies, we send our young men and women to go fight them.

If those same enemies make it to our shores, then they have full Constitutional rights including 2A?

Arguably, no - the 2A expressly does not protect the formation of private armies - which the drug cartels arguably are. Nor could it be reasonably argued that our Constitution was meant to protect enemies of the state invading US soil.

While ideologically it could be argued that, like the example you gave, a violent muslin extremist, has the inherent right to be armed - so too does a sovereign government have the inherent right to violently terminate the life of an armed person who has sworn to harm that sovereign nation or its citizenry.

Arguably, no - the 2A expressly does not protect the formation of private armies - which the drug cartels arguably are. Nor could it be reasonably argued that our Constitution was meant to protect enemies of the state invading US soil.

While ideologically it could be argued that, like the example you gave, a violent muslin extremist, has the inherent right to be armed - so too does a sovereign government have the inherent right to violently terminate the life of an armed person who has sworn to harm that sovereign nation or its citizenry.

yes Convert them with guns and freedom.

>>Nor could it be reasonably argued that our Constitution was meant to protect enemies of the state invading US soil.

Exactly my point.

How many people do we have running around with green cards and guns that could be classed as "enemies of the state"?

>>Nor could it be reasonably argued that our Constitution was meant to protect enemies of the state invading US soil.

Exactly my point.

How many people do we have running around with green cards and guns that could be classed as "enemies of the state"?

If they are here, then your problem is with the people who let those people into the country and issued them green cards, not with decent immigrants who have followed the rules, and done all that the country has asked of them.

Keep in mind also, that the Constitution does not "give" us any rights; they are inherent to our nature as human beings.  All that document does is tell the government which right are so vital, that they are specifically not allowed to tread there.  Your human rights do not change when you cross a border.  If you step into Mexico, you still have a right to keep and bear arms.  The only difference is that the government of Mexico chooses to violate that right and others.

If there are certain groups of people who you do not want carrying guns in the USA, then you need to contact your representatives and have them exclude those people from entering, NOT violate the rights of every foreign national that we allow in.

Edited by Netpackrat

Exactly my point.

If they are here, then your problem is with the people who let those people into the country and issued them green cards, not with decent immigrants who have followed the rules, and done all that the country has asked of them.

Keep in mind also, that the Constitution does not "give" us any rights; they are inherent to our nature as human beings.  All that document does is tell the government which right are so vital, that they are specifically not allowed to tread there.  Your human rights do not change when you cross a border.  If you step into Mexico, you still have a right to keep and bear arms.  The only difference is that the government of Mexico chooses to violate that right and others.

If there are certain groups of people who you do not want carrying guns in the USA, then you need to contact your representatives and have them exclude those people from entering, NOT violate the rights of every foreign national that we allow in.

I agree with everything you said, yet we still have major problems.

Contacting representatives does not work.

>>If they are here, then your problem is with the people who let those people into the country and issued them green cards

Yep.