The june 1st deadline is comming shortly.I dont think the ATF has any intentions of putting back up the form 1s back on there website before obamas executive order on june 1st.. What do you guys think?should i just mail it in and wait the 13months?Even though they post a letter on there webiste saying that form 1s will be following shortly after the form 6s..i think this is just a gimmick

That appears to have been pushed back. Till 2015 they've received over 9000 comments.

After going to Mr. Silencer demo shoot last weekend itching to get Thompson machine suppressor in process.

That appears to have been pushed back. Till 2015 they've received over 9000 comments.

After going to Mr. Silencer demo shoot last weekend itching to get Thompson machine suppressor in process.

So basically the june deadline is over? where did you see this updated info?

So basically the june deadline is over? where did you see this updated info?

+1. a link to the ATF website stating that  would be the only thing to back up that.

deadline for what?

To submit your trust with the ATF for any class 3 weapon

the ATF is not doing anyway with trust, you still will be able to submit trusts to the NFA, the change is that trusts will have the same requirements as individuals, you will need to have the CLEO sign off, submit passport photos and fingerprints

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Here it is ..i found a couple of articles on what garnaz was talking about..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/03/obama-executive-action-gun-loophole-stalled-nra-opposition

http://www.maxlaworlando.com/resource/atf-to-delay-implementation-of-gun-trust-executive-order/

Ok well thats good news then..i will wait and see when the atf will bring back the form 1s online..

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/may/03/obama-executive-action-gun-loophole-stalled-nra-opposition

http://www.maxlaworlando.com/resource/atf-to-delay-implementation-of-gun-trust-executive-order/

Ok well thats good news then..i will wait and see when the atf will bring back the form 1s online..

thanks for the links

as for waiting to e-file. that's up to you, but they may not put that back up, or if they do it could be months down the line, I don't believe for one New York minute that they're really "busting balls" or burning "midnight oil"  to get that up and running.   however, they can't stop mail coming into the NFA branch.

just saying, one way you'll be  waiting for who knows how long?   the other way it will get there in a week, and the process will start when they open up the envelope

here is the whole stupid thing, they can do away with the entire CLEO signature  requirement. yeah, back in 1934  they didn't have any kind of national criminal data base, like they have now, so the only person that even knew you had a criminal record was the local LE. this is just a hold over from that.

• Like 1

Thanks for linking.

Could figure out how from tablet

NFA is a patient man's game. Send in your stuff, make sure they get it, then do your best to forget about it completely. That way when it actually arrives it is a pleasant surprise! grimace.gif

• Like 1

NFA is a patient man's game. Send in your stuff, make sure they get it, then do your best to forget about it completely.

yep, just put it in your mind that it will take a year for the approval to come back, and then forget about it,  that is the only way to go. otherwise, you'll just make the wait seem even longer if you keep dwelling on it and counting down the weeks and months.  

if you go by that silly non-scientific graph and hope on getting it back in 6 months, you'll be sorely  disappointed

The Guardian article is 90% leftist propoganda, 10% facts. You know exactly what you're dealing with when the first paragraph declares gun trusts to be a "loophole".

The comments are worse. I stopped reading at the second comment calling the NRA a terrorist organization. 

Don't justify that crap by clicking on it.

Edited by Darth Saigus

You know exactly what you're dealing with when the first paragraph declares gun trusts to be a "loophole".

well, to be brutally honest  about it, it is a loophole to get around the CLEO signature. just as 922r is a loophole  so that you can legally  convert a AK or any other  gun that is banned from importation in a "evil" configuration.

going further, since 89, did you know that there has always been a ban on importing intact barrels, except as repair parts?  that's how for decades importers were able to import parts kits with barrels, by saying these were "repair parts" on the  form 6s

there isn't a single person on this planet that wouldn't  take advantage of a way to circumvent potions of a law/rule  if they can do that by the way the law/rule is written.   

Loophole is a policically loaded word. It is used to describe "bad" people getting around "good" laws to do "bad" things.

You can entertain yourself arguing the definition of the word but in use it is a pejorative.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 2

To save those like me some time:

adjective
adjective: pejorative
  1. 1.
    expressing contempt or disapproval.
    ""permissiveness" is used almost universally as a pejorative term"
    synonyms: disparaging, derogatory, denigratory, deprecatory, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, abusive, insulting, slighting; More
    informalbitchy
    "his remarks were considered too pejorative for daytime radio"
    antonyms: complimentary
noun
noun: pejorative; plural noun: pejoratives
  1. 1.
    a word expressing contempt or disapproval.
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Recent update from the Silencer Shop website:

http://www.silencershop.com/current-status-eforms/

Current Status of eForms

We’ve spent a lot of time over the last few weeks trying to figure out exactly what the best way is to proceed with eForms being down.

The decision is complicated by several factors:

1) If you’ve been watching our ATF Wait Times page, you’ll notice that paper forms have been making a major comeback. We went from getting approvals from last May up to last August almost overnight – and the times seem to be doing nothing but improving day by day.

2) Even though there are quite a few advantages to using eForms, the one most people are interested in is the increased speed. Over the last week, it’s become increasingly apparent that the NFA Branch doesn’t plan to expedite eForms in the same way going forward – so the wait times will be closer to paper forms. Having said that, it looks like paper wait times will quickly become more reasonable than they were.

On this note, keep in mind that many of the forms submitted from mid-October of last year through the time when eForms went down were submitted on paper. Since most of those eForms have already been approved & cleared out of the system – the paper forms should jump forward in time extremely quickly once they get into processing forms from last October.

3) We don’t expect ATF 41P to be implemented – especially not in the near term; but, a lot of customers do have that possibility in mind. I can almost guarantee that waiting for eForms will not get current applications into the system by June if you’re worried about that.

Based on everything we’re hearing, we are going to change our default recommendation to submit by paper instead of waiting for eForms 2.0. After weighing all the data, it looks like that is the best way to go at this point. We’ll continue to monitor this situation over the next few weeks and will post as soon as we get more solid data on eForms 2.0 going live.

Even with that recommendation, we’re not forcing customers one way or the other. Once we review your submission information, you’ll get an email from us asking which way you want to go – and we’re happy to wait on eForms if that’s what your preference is.

Posted May 27, 2014

In today's current world of NICS, the CLEO sign off is the loophole that allows anti gun political lap dogs to circumvent our constitutional rights. There is no appeal or obligation for CLEO to sign should they refuse.

Individuals using a trust are still required to summit a 4473.

Loophole is a policically loaded word. It is used to describe "bad" people getting around "good" laws to do "bad" things.

wow, lets hope you practice what you believe. especially when it comes to taxes.

(God, why do I feed him...)

I used quotes (you know, these >" ") to indicate that I was QUOTING others who believe that loopholes are bad.  I thought the use of quotes was universally understood among those who can tie their own shoe laces.

• Like 2