You Have 3G's to Spend, What Firearm to Buy?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The words look like English, but somehow I can't comprehend their meaning...

Hey! We're dreaming here! Don't go getting all sensible n' shit.  

You have enough guns. Rent a couple of hookers, get a couple of bags of weed, and drink till the money and pussy runs out   

HK USC to UMP conversion....they are not importing them any more so they are only going to appreciate in value....plus there is something about 25rd mags of .45 that warms my heart....lol

I'm holding out on the tavor for now....I want see where the bottom is....they keep getting cheaper

Edited by sccritterkiller
  • Like 2

It might help us Dad to know what you already have or what your not interested in. For me 3K would go into NFA items. SBRs and suppressors. If buying firearms themselves, pick up several and make that cash go the distance. It is more fun to fondle 4 new weapons than one. If you don't have a good safe, I would put at least half towards that. I wish I had your problem right now. I am on firearm austerity at the moment. :)

• Like 3

No NFA right now, just the best of the new firearms. Have not able to keep up with it.

Please keep the suggestions coming!

Darth really am liking that Tavor http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/85969-the-tavor-is-here/    Especially if it is eating anything you feed it without incident

Then the Tavor, good optics package, and ammo would get my vote. It is the only new firearm that really interests me. Enjoy the spend my friend.

• Like 1

Kriss Vector? 45acp with glock mags makes a great carbine atleast in my state. Alot of cops including my dept carry glock 21s

I'm surprised to hear alot of cops are using 45s. I thought 40 was pretty much the standard.

I'm a 45 guy. Always was. But not a Glock guy. Never will be. The XD45 is everything a pistol should be imo. And if there was a Vector that used XD mags I'd be all over that.

No NFA right now, just the best of the new firearms. Have not able to keep up with it.

Darth really am liking that Tavor http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/85969-the-tavor-is-here/    Especially if it is eating anything you feed it without incident

As I said, 500rds of 5.56/223, mixed brass reloads, steel case, without a single failure.  I'd say that's a good start.

Then the Tavor, good optics package, and ammo would get my vote. It is the only new firearm that really interests me. Enjoy the spend my friend.

That was my first inclination also but then I thought it would be better to grab an M92 just in case something happens and they dry up.

Always pick up ammo and optics down the road (assuming there isn't another panic).

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

2 SLR107FR's and 1 k worth of ammo.

I would second this but....why Arsenal Bulgarian when Legion is bringing in some AK100 series rifles. Giggidy! And I would also say Ammunition is not getting any cheaper (buy now).

• Like 2

well, the way I determine what kind of firearm to get,  is by what appeals to me and has me "itching for", ask yourself what you have a "itch" for and just get it, if you have a "hankering" for a  TAVOR, then get it.

3+k for a 9mm? unless that pistol can also   turn into a super hot 19 year old girl at midnight, that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch, there would be no way I would plunk down that much money for it, even if I was a millionaire.

for around 1000-1300 bucks you can pick up a nice  USGI M1911A1, that has  history to it.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 1

3+k for a 9mm? unless that pistol can also   turn into a super hot 19 year old girl at midnight, that can suck the chrome off a trailer hitch, there would be no way I would plunk down that much money for it, even if I was a millionaire.

haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif  Thanks Mr. Hopkins!

haha.gif haha.gif haha.gif  Thanks Mr. Hopkins!

If you want to drag race cars.....you dont buy a KIA

If you want to shoot steel.....you need a race gun.

And I know a ton of people who shoot 6K$ guns and up!

But the chrome thing is funnyhaha.gif

Jim

• Like 1

well, the way I determine what kind of firearm to get,  is by what appeals to me and has me "itching for", ask yourself what you have a "itch" for and just get it, if you have a "hankering" for a  TAVOR, then get it.

for around 1000-1300 bucks you can pick up a nice  USGI M1911A1, that has  history to it.

And that is why you will never have either.......

Edited by read_the_wall
  • Like 1

GREAT TOPIC AND THANK YOU! Firearms only? Nothing else? So cool. Do not laugh everybody but our extended nuclear family and very close long term local prepp minded friends have selected,(defaulted actually)to the USGI .30 caliber M1-M2 Carbine as our "to go to" SHTF or ITEOTWAWKI firearm. Age 12 to 88. "Shit hits the fan" and "It's the end of the world as we know it". Prepper light rifle.

THREE THOUSAND BUCKS! A small $fortune$ out here in SW OR USA. I would use it to buy up some more ammo for both training, fun sessions and a few more Remington Power Shok SP carry ammo for the dozen or so Carbines we all have and enjoy. A fun gun for sure. HB of CJ (old coot) All US Code Laws And NFA Rules Apply. Gun control is learning to hit your target using short controlled bursts. A great power multiplier.

edited to correct dropped sentence for some reason.

Edited by HB of CJ
  • Like 1

Kriss Vector? 45acp with glock mags makes a great carbine atleast in my state. Alot of cops including my dept carry glock 21s

I'm surprised to hear alot of cops are using 45s. I thought 40 was pretty much the standard.

I'm a 45 guy. Always was. But not a Glock guy. Never will be. The XD45 is everything a pistol should be imo. And if there was a Vector that used XD mags I'd be all over that.

Darth really am liking that Tavor http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/85969-the-tavor-is-here/ Especially if it is eating anything you feed it without incident

As I said, 500rds of 5.56/223, mixed brass reloads, steel case, without a single failure. I'd say that's a good start.

That was my first inclination also but then I thought it would be better to grab an M92 just in case something happens and they dry up.

Always pick up ammo and optics down the road (assuming there isn't another panic).

Im in NJ I see alot of departments in 45. To be honest I only.know of a hand ful of dept. That use other calibers

• Like 1

If you want to drag race cars.....you dont buy a KIA

But the chrome thing is funnyhaha.gif

Jim

Where did he say he wanted to drag race or shoot steel?

I think if he had an interest in gun games he would have said so. 

You may know "a ton" of people who shoot $6k guns but most of us don't.  I know exactly 0 people who shoot $6k guns.

You want to spend that kind of smack on a gun, it's your dime. 

• Like 2

dude, you don't need a 3K "race gun" to shoot steel like that, you just need a 30 round mag.

well good for you, I know a "ton" of people that own expensive cars that can't drive worth a shit. just because someone has money or goes heavily into debt buying things like 6K guns, expensive  cars, doesn't mean they know how to shoot or drive. just means they're compensating their shortcoming by getting expensive toys or maybe to impress people like you.

here is a true story, this was years, years ago. in 1994, I just bought my very first gun ever at my last duty station before I retired, a Russian SKS I bought for 120 bucks. went to the range and was plinkering  at a target and adjusting the sight, just having a good ol' time. this guy comes up to the shoot bench next to me, take out some really fancy bolt action rifle then looks at me, and says something to the effect, "oh you bought one of those crap commie guns. those things are a piece of shit you need 100 round to hit something with that".  then he went on and on about his precious  rifle cost xxx amount of money, the scope is this and that, , yada, yada yada I really didn't pay any attention to this weasel, or even talked to him 

when we went out to get our targets, 100 yards away,  I notices his rounds were everywhere on the target but  the middle of it. all mine, except for a few, were all nicely grouped in the middle.  he kinda looked dumfounded looking at his target then mine. the only thing I said after taking the target off the stand was, "it's OK.  would have been better if some moron didn't interrupted me while I was shooting". then I left.

he was saying something while I walked away but I didn't hear him. guess that is one good advantage of having sever hearing loss, you don't hear assholes

moral of the story junior, just because you have a expensive gun, doesn't mean you are good or can even shoot. it just means you had the money or credit line to buy it.

and yes, I still have that SKS, in my safe

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 3