You Have 3G's to Spend, What Firearm to Buy?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The words look like English, but somehow I can't comprehend their meaning...

Hey! We're dreaming here! Don't go getting all sensible n' shit.  

You have enough guns. Rent a couple of hookers, get a couple of bags of weed, and drink till the money and pussy runs out   

Enough ammo to feed ALL the guns you have. If you only have few guns, then that means more for each one. When SHTF, do you want to be scrambling to find/load ammo for each one, or have a shit load on hand right there beside you. I've got them from .22lr to 454, but can't feed them all if need be, not equally anyway, so I'm buying/reloading for what I'll mainly use. If I have to get the hell out of dodge, I can't carry them or it all, so stock pile for what I'll take and use. The rest, let some other dumb bastard find the ammo for the weird calibers, I've done shot up all I had in the beginning. A ton of magazines are fine also, but again, can you carry all of them with you? If you are staying put, then mags loaded with ammo to the hilt.

But if I had 3G's to spend, I'd be at the store in Bessemer to buy the AR-50 they have sitting behind the counter. 50 BMG just gives my old ass a woody from hell, the BOOM and BLAST, there is nothing like it, not to mention being able to "reach out and touch someone" when needed. The wife asked me the other night, if I had my choice of 50 BMG's, which would I want, SHIT, I jumped on that like stink on a june bug, BARRETT 82A1, 10 round mag, SA. Today was our anniversary, no 50, but when she ask questions like that, I know she's thinking and looking. :)

Spend the money wisely, make it an investment, might not be in your future, could be in your children's future.  

• Like 1

If you want to shoot steel.....you need a race gun.

dude, you don't need a 3K "race gun" to shoot steel like that, you just need a 30 round mag.

And I know a ton of people who shoot 6K$ guns and up!

well good for you, I know a "ton" of people that own expensive cars that can't drive worth a shit. just because someone has money or goes heavily into debt buying things like 6K guns, expensive  cars, doesn't mean they know how to shoot or drive. just means they're compensating their shortcoming by getting expensive toys or maybe to impress people like you.

here is a true story, this was years, years ago. in 1994, I just bought my very first gun ever at my last duty station before I retired, a Russian SKS I bought for 120 bucks. went to the range and was plinkering  at a target and adjusting the sight, just having a good ol' time. this guy comes up to the shoot bench next to me, take out some really fancy bolt action rifle then looks at me, and says something to the effect, "oh you bought one of those crap commie guns. those things are a piece of shit you need 100 round to hit something with that".  then he went on and on about his precious  rifle cost xxx amount of money, the scope is this and that, , yada, yada yada I really didn't pay any attention to this weasel, or even talked to him 

when we went out to get our targets, 100 yards away,  I notices his rounds were everywhere on the target but  the middle of it. all mine, except for a few, were all nicely grouped in the middle.  he kinda looked dumfounded looking at his target then mine. the only thing I said after taking the target off the stand was, "it's OK.  would have been better if some moron didn't interrupted me while I was shooting". then I left.

he was saying something while I walked away but I didn't hear him. guess that is one good advantage of having sever hearing loss, you don't hear assholes

moral of the story junior, just because you have a expensive gun, doesn't mean you are good or can even shoot. it just means you had the money or credit line to buy it.

and yes, I still have that SKS, in my safe

WoW  have an attitude about people having expensive guns do we

I shoot competition,  USPSA, NRA ppc, ruger rimfire,Heavy metal and Multigun and a little 1000yd stuff

I shoot with thousands of other competitors  so I have seen about every gun there is, from cheap to bling.

Lots of those people have some very spendy equipment, some have spent 10k or more on optics not to mention the gun

Some of them shoot plain jane over the counter inexpensive Firearms, The STI is an over the counter gun (but expensive)

I cant spend that kind of money on equipment, some can and thats fine with me

I am a little different...I have built all my own guns, Pistol rifle and shotgun, and by built I mean Manufactured not assembled.

Im not a poor little rich kid, and I have busted my butt for all I have.

I am not sure why my knowing some people who have expensive guns pisses you off?

And for the record people with lots of money dont impress me one bit.

Nor do people who think shooting a group at 100 yards is something to brag about.

Its about the same as aiming at the toilet and getting most of it in.

Jim

• Like 2

Whats the point to these guns? To just add to the pile? To add to the collection? To have a dup? If I already had a bunch of guns I think I'd be adding ammo, mags and spare.parts

That RPD is cool for a collection of Russian firearms or if you had a FA with a lot of ammo. Other wise its not practical at all

Tavors are nice but you cant get spare parts and they are overgassed to feed Russian underpoweed ammo.

I would get .a Colt 6920. Add a Aimpoint and sever thousand rounds and done. Quality carbine, parts galore, ammo everywhere ......OR.....same thing but with an AK. Me personally, I would add a Colt, I have enough AKs

Just wanted to add that if there was nothing that you needed, which seems like thats the case then how about saving that money

Edited by Arik
  • Like 1

Whats the point to these guns? To just add to the pile? To add to the collection? To have a dup? If I already had a bunch of guns I think I'd be adding ammo, mags and spare.parts

That RPD is cool for a collection of Russian firearms or if you had a FA with a lot of ammo. Other wise its not practical at all

Tavors are nice but you cant get spare parts and they are overgassed to feed Russian underpoweed ammo.

I would get .a Colt 6920. Add a Aimpoint and sever thousand rounds and done. Quality carbine, parts galore, ammo everywhere ......OR.....same thing but with an AK. Me personally, I would add a Colt, I have enough AKs

Just wanted to add that if there was nothing that you needed, which seems like thats the case then how about saving that money

Have enough AK's, Tavor meets need of a bullpup and nothing really has to be done to it beyond a sight. 

• Like 1

Have enough AK's, Tavor meets need of a bullpup and nothing really has to be done to it beyond a sight. 

And remove the unnecessary extra spring from the trigger (added to force the trigger to reset when badly contaminated with sand).

When it comes to what gun to buy, the world of gun owners is populated by opinionated asses.  And each of us asses feels our opinion is the correct one.  Myself included.

So forget all that other dumb advice and get the Tavor.

• Like 3

If i had that kind of budget, before i spent it on firearms i would look at other aspects to maybe put that money towards. I don't know your situation or mind set but if it were me id be using that money to get a hand well water pump so id have access to well water when the power goes out. 3k is also a pretty good dent in the overall cost of solarizing a house if the conditions are right. Now, if my situation didnt allow for upgrading my house, id grab a tavor and a really good optic for it. Just my thoughts.

Take care,

L

• Like 1

get the tavor and a nice acog.  if you've considered it this much you know you're going to get it anyways.  might as well do it while you have the cash. vepr's do seem nice, but im guessing the bullpup platform will give you something you dont have. super jealous too. post some pics of whatever you decide

• Like 1

If i had that kind of budget, before i spent it on firearms i would look at other aspects to maybe put that money towards.

Take care,

L

Hey! We're dreaming here! Don't go getting all sensible n' shit.   naaaa.gif

• Like 5

In the process of having a 1911 built for my daily carry use. Arthritic and hand grip strength in hands due to health issues made me decide to do this. Few years ago would have done most work myself, yet conditions change. Mainly custom machining and controls adjusted/built/machined for ease of use. Commander top, officer lower.

• Like 1

If i had that kind of budget, before i spent it on firearms i would look at other aspects to maybe put that money towards.

Take care,

L

Hey! We're dreaming here! Don't go getting all sensible n' shit.   naaaa.gif

No shit!  Dude came here asking us to help spend his money and dammit we're gonna help our friend in need.

• Like 3

I've been wanting a FN SCAR 17 for a while now just can't justify the expense with my other projects going on.

Recently noticed one of the vendors on here posted one advertised in FDE for.... Wait for it..... $2999.99

Problem solved with one cent to spare.

• Like 2

I've been wanting a FN SCAR 17 for a while now just can't justify the expense with my other projects going on.

Recently noticed one of the vendors on here posted one advertised in FDE for.... Wait for it..... $2999.99

I was wondering why the SCAR hadn't come up.  I can get a 17 here for 2400 or so...

• Like 2

Thanks for the tip, I'll just use my Izzy 308 for that purpose. Csspecs and Unita have provided me with great mags. Special shout out to Macbeau for helping build it!

Will be ordering the Tavor, just need a new FFL which should be tomorrow.

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 1

Will be ordering the Tavor, just need a new FFL which should be tomorrow.

Uh-oh...  Now Big John is going to hate you too...  <<<joke

Just don't post any pics or range reports.  Maybe he won't notice...

Edited by Darth Saigus

If ya hate that, that's your problem. << no joke

Final decision came down to a bullpup that eats what it is fed and I don't have to do anything but keep feeding and cleaning it.

Thanks to all who responded to this thread.

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 4

Don't really give a shit about hate, never have never will. Have worked my ass off to get to a point where this can be accomplished. If ya hate that, that's your problem.

Final decision came down to a bullpup that eats what it is fed and I don't have to do anything but keep feeding and cleaning it.

Thanks to all who responded to this thread.

Good for you!  The Tavor is a Great Choice!

Don't forget to post pics.  032.gif

Edited by THE RIPPER