• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Video flattens images and distorts reality. You can§t say much unless you were there. I§m not going to judge anybody on muzzle discipline but, would like you all to ..   Please be safe with firearms

Oh bullshit!

Facts: 1- Weapon was on safe (this can be heard and seen in the video) 2- nothing was inside of the trigger guard except a trigger that was blocked by the safety 3- muzzle was angled away and the s

Posted Images

AAAAAAAND there went any desire to give Mike or Lone Star Arms any money. He makes some pretty Saigas, but in the industry we call that a bitch move.

That makes two of us.  Not a very wise or professional business move if you ask me.

Edited by Tundra1
  • Like 2

I'm not going to chastise anyone for their poor handling skills or general carelessness if they are doing so in private, but, I wouldn't be too happy to witness it on a public range with others around, down range checking targets, etc. We'd have words and I assure you, the reckless individual would be removed from the range. As far as Mike is concerned, that was a dick move for sure.

Any discussion of firearms safety on a forum quickly turns into a dick waving contest.

Of course some are always quicker to whip it out than others.

EDIT: And no I don't think it's a good idea to change a muzzle attachment on a loaded firearm.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Its amazing isnt it.

Oh not that he did it, his head after all, but that he recorded it and posted it. 

Given that all I do is unlock, clear, and put my finger in the chamber to verify if possible that its now a club and then look down the barrel...

Still gives me a touch of the willies though.

I will always remember the story of the idiot at the range that asked me to help with his rusted up '74, I kicked the carrier to get it to break free, and out popped a live round. I should've been madder about it, but at the moment I was just like "oh."

• Like 1

I will always remember the story of the idiot at the range that asked me to help with his rusted up '74, I kicked the carrier to get it to break free, and out popped a live round. I should've been madder about it, but at the moment I was just like "oh."

treat every gun as it is loaded and no problem.

How safe is anything, really? All a safety is, is a fail safe. Ive seen several ND's in the service. No gun is safe in the wrong hands. Ive been shot before and an honestly say that none of us are safe entirely. If he felt safe at the time, then why complain? Who's to say whats right and wrong? Whats safe for me in my life might not be for you. Just sayin.

You don't really mean that when it comes to gun safety do you?

Its amazing isnt it.

Oh not that he did it, his head after all, but that he recorded it and posted it. 

Given that all I do is unlock, clear, and put my finger in the chamber to verify if possible that its now a club and then look down the barrel...

A proper safety check includes being absolutely certain that there is no obstruction in the bore. This is done two ways. Visually or with a rod. A rod is not always handy.... say, in the field while hunting, hiking, fishing, etc.

I do safety inspections of weapons every day at work. One day I couldn't see daylight through the bore because a mud wasp had plugged it over night. It's a very good thing I did the safety check and didn't need to use the rifle without doing it.

Its amazing isnt it.

A proper safety check includes being absolutely certain that there is no obstruction in the bore. This is done two ways. Visually or with a rod. A rod is not always handy.... say, in the field while hunting, hiking, fishing, etc.

I do safety inspections of weapons every day at work. One day I couldn't see daylight through the bore because a mud wasp had plugged it over night. It's a very good thing I did the safety check and didn't need to use the rifle without doing it.

As well one should.

The thing is, in my case at least, there should always remain a healthy respect for those that have gone on before us as warnings, may they rest in peace.

Some mental discomfort I guess is wise given it keeps us honest and breathing.

I only have one question....how many of the self appointed and certified safety experts live in a glass house.  "live in a glass house, then be the first to cast a stone".   Looks to me like it was a slow news day on Odumbo and Smellery.  lol

• Like 1

How safe is anything, really? All a safety is, is a fail safe. Ive seen several ND's in the service. No gun is safe in the wrong hands. Ive been shot before and an honestly say that none of us are safe entirely. If he felt safe at the time, then why complain? Who's to say whats right and wrong? Whats safe for me in my life might not be for you. Just sayin.

You don't really mean that when it comes to gun safety do you?

Of course not. Shit gets blown out of proportion. I have a trust for my weapons. My point is that if he felt safe doing what he did, then so be it. I wont rag his ass for it, unlike others.

• Like 1

Just was not his time. I am more for people doing what they want as long as bystanders do not pay the price. You want to drive at 100 mph with no seat belt, go ahead. Ride a cycle with no helmet, drink 2 gallons of whiskey by all means do it. Thinning the herd is not a bad thing, mother nature does it all the time to the other animals on the rock. Why should we be any different?

Evl ya did what ya did, so what? Your still here. If it went the wrong way, you'd be gone and all this would still be coming at ya.

Was a nice damn day today, the fire roses bloomed for the first time. Just saying.............

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 1

I have watched this thread since the start, some of yall need to chill.

So what if he looked down the barrel, done it my self, not a big deal.

Safety is up to the one looking, if it is my firearm it is safe.

Hand me yours, it will be safe before and when I look.

Tool you beat me to it. I was going to post a pic looking into a loaded revolver

How often is that loaded gun under your mattress or bed pointing at you?

you must sleep with your head hanging off if a gun under yout mattress points at you.
  • Like 1

maybe you keep a loaded gun under your mattress, and maybe money in the mattress,  but I certainly don't. I keep mine in the drawer of the night stand, like most normal people would.

and before you ask the question on the position of  it, which I'm sure that will come up. I put the pistol in the draw with the grip toward me, so it will be easier to grab the pistol 

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Tool you beat me to it. I was going to post a pic looking into a loaded revolver

you must sleep with your head hanging off if a gun under yout mattress points at you.
Well when I walk down the basement stairs ( behind my bedroom) it is technically pointed at me. Lol

Never give a pass on bad gun handeling, or accept excuses.

Point out errors to people, and teach them safety, dont be a jerk about it...but stress just how important it is.

Lives are at real risk.

There are people that will not learn, dont be around them with a firearm.

Gun safety is pretty black and white.

This was not an extreme situation, but I would remove the mag, clear the firearm and lock the bolt back before I worked in front of the muzzle.

The cardinal rule is ...Never point the muzzle at anything you are not willing to kill or destroy.

Im pretty sure this guy has had all the correction he needed (and more)

Its the people that defended the error that I would worry about.

Jim

• Like 2

Safety was driven into my mind not by firearms but by working offshore on the oil and gas platforms.

The largest problem is always the comfort factor one can acquire over time when dealing with dangerous machines, comfort is careless.

So hang on to that slight sense of discomfort and danger, you live longer.

• Like 1