Opinions on the 13rnd Clear mag for for the S20

I have a couple of those 13rnd clear mags for my S20. I haven't had a chance use them because I got them after I started the conversion process. So, I would like to get some opinions on the durability or any experiences with these mags. TIA.

• Like 1

I like them but where I work made them.

that said the biggest thing to getting them to work is in loading them. always get the rim of the shell above in front of the one under it. you can tell if you have a good stack up on the shells by how high the 2nd shell is, a good stack up will have about 1/2 (little less) of the 2nd shell above the rim. (see photos).

Also remeber these are just a mag not a repair so if your gun cycles the 2 3/4" ammo with the factory mag it should work fine with the hi cap mags, if it doesn't work with the factory mag these mags won't change that.

They're very tough (made with Lexan same stuff as bullet proof glass and we used a good quality spring) but like anything else can be broken.

Hopefully they'll work fine for you and if you find you need more mags the steel ones are damn good too (we didn't make them)

post-26137-0-60638000-1399940791_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-37002600-1399940831_thumb.jpg

post-26137-0-08955600-1399940845_thumb.jpg

Edited by the 4th Doctor
  • Like 1

Are you speaking of the metal ones or the poly ones from Carolina shooters supply a few months ago.. People say CSS which could mean either.

If its the metal, please describe the problem:

Low feed

High feed

Catching on feed hood

Bolt not fully closing.

There is a little adjustment for each one.

• 2 weeks later...

I like them but where I work made them.

that said the biggest thing to getting them to work is in loading them. always get the rim of the shell above in front of the one under it. you can tell if you have a good stack up on the shells by how high the 2nd shell is, a good stack up will have about 1/2 (little less) of the 2nd shell above the rim. (see photos).

Also remeber these are just a mag not a repair so if your gun cycles the 2 3/4" ammo with the factory mag it should work fine with the hi cap mags, if it doesn't work with the factory mag these mags won't change that.

They're very tough (made with Lexan same stuff as bullet proof glass and we used a good quality spring) but like anything else can be broken.

Hopefully they'll work fine for you and if you find you need more mags the steel ones are damn good too (we didn't make them)

These Clear mags are no longer being made, correct? Also, will I be hurting the spring if I keep the magazine loaded?

• 3 weeks later...

do you think you could have them make a 2 round mag so i can use mine for hunting? 

Buy a spare spring and shorten it, make a plug to put in the bottom of the mag so that you cannot load more than two rounds at a time. Problem solved.

I think if I were hunting around Deeetroit I would want hundred round drums or some shit like that bad_smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to verify it with 4th Doctor but unless I'm mistaken you can just cut the mag body off below any of the pairs of ribs on the sides to adjust them for capacity. The floor plate should slide over the bottom rib then and work like that. Just have to shorten the spring too. If I was needing a designated hunting mag that is what I would do. I would cut it to 5 rds then add a limiter.

We do sell mag capacity limiters to make any mag for Saiga into a reduced capacity mag for hunting.

I have a few of these mags and like them myself. More capacity than my Russian 8 rdrs if I need it. I already had my custom 2 rd hunting mags I made from factory 5rd mags years ago when we were making custom 2 and 10 rd mags out of two 5rd mags. There's a good thread somewhere about that with pics.

I never had any luck shortening them too much the angle of the follower makes the shells harder to get into the gun with just a couple of shells in it. Chances are you'd be better off adding a limiter to a 5 rounder.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

The 13 round poly mags from Mississpi Auto website were pretty damn good in my experience.  I would recommend them.  I also bought these tough plastic ones from Carolina Shooters but I haven't had the chance to test them properly due to the winter.  I have heard they don't work well with bulk ammo, where as the 13 rounders worked pretty good with the bulk ammo in my experience.