So a guy named a sees a rifle I have for sale on a Facebook page. In the pic is also a pic of my vepr12. He wants them both offers a very fair price talks me down a little. Through research via said Facebook it appers awad adina is a female and married omar elifaituri in 2010 omars page says he's from bengazi lybia and created a free lybia Facebook page in 2011. Awad says they are a ga resident. Would you sell?

Edited by Ak Monty
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quit trying to talk yourself out of your gut instinct.  Run like a mofo.

if the money's good say OK fine and tell them to meet you at the local gun shop to do the transfer. if they don't want to do it with legal paperwork:

Ditto to previous posts. If it is not shady from a terrorist standpoint, it is probably a sting by the media or government to make an argument for gun control. To quote Monty Python, "Run away! Run aw

Posted Images

Ditto to previous posts. If it is not shady from a terrorist standpoint, it is probably a sting by the media or government to make an argument for gun control. To quote Monty Python, "Run away! Run away!"

• Like 4

meet him at gunstore, have them transfer it to him.  wash your hands of it....

was in miami, was a guy in there from georgia (the country, not state) exporting a gun to him self.... just cause he sounds sketchy doesnt mean he is. his name could = john smith for all we know.  

long story long, if he wants to export guns to libya illegally, let him do so, but make sure you do it at a gunstore. i had a few sketchy offers recently on stuff i had, then figured, hey, i could go through a dealer, and have that measure of .gov blessing.... not a catchall or fool proof but better than cash n carry

No problem, tell them you want to make the transfer at a local gun shop and find out how fast they back out.  If you send guns only send them to an FFL that you check out to make sure is legit.  The legality of the sale to the end purchaser rests on the FFL, not on you.  When you transfer a gun directly to another person you open yourself to both criminal and civil liability.  When I do a face to face transfer I always require a valid driver's license and a statement from the purchaser that they are not restricted from owning firearms. 

Doug

That's a smart idea offer the ffl way out and see what is said. I mean if the gov says he's good then I wouldn't feel bad at all about it.

No problem, tell them you want to make the transfer at a local gun shop and find out how fast they back out. If you send guns only send them to an FFL that you check out to make sure is legit. The legality of the sale to the end purchaser rests on the FFL, not on you. When you transfer a gun directly to another person you open yourself to both criminal and civil liability. When I do a face to face transfer I always require a valid driver's license and a statement from the purchaser that they are not restricted from owning firearms.

Doug

good idea also. I've traded and sold finds before but never felt like it was strange. I look at the guys Facebook he's got a wife and kid. I.kind of feel bad judging him. Im all for freedom no matter your name of country of origin. American is American.
  • Like 1

The Whitehouse's Facebook page makes Obama out to be a swell guy as well. Point is social media can make you out to be anything you want to build. I like the FFL route, that will give you your answer real quickly. I would be wary of the female buying with the male supporting a free "Libya" campaign. Sounds like a straw purchase for him in my gut even if you go the FFL route. But at least you are doing your due diligence and protecting yourself by going through an FFL should you choose that route. Under no circumstances would I consider selling to them in any other way.

Upon further digging awad is a make and from Brookfield fla. Omar is a make living in fla and I can't find his wife's page. I've not talked to him on the phone. If his page is fake it's a damn good one. It's goes back to 2010 with wedding and pregnancy.and bany photos. I think I'm being a racist. Dude has blue eyes and has stuff about being Italian and also pics in Arabic. I think he's just an American. Mechanic according to the school he graduated at. I make be over thinking it. Dude didn't know much about guns but knew 308 win and had pic wareing deer hunting shirts.

The female buying for the male is at best a straw purchase to begin with.

I refuse sales to anyone I dont feel comfortable with, and have pissed some gang bangers off at gun shows lots of times.

If you make the sale..DO NOT do it off the books as a personel transaction!

Insist it be done thru an FFL, and a form 4473

Jim

• Like 1

There is no female. I was mistake on that. Awad is the name making purchase. He's was arrested for battery at age 19 I'm citrus county fl and lived with a female named zainab elfaituri thats registered to vote in fla as a demorcat but has a KY mailing address. Awad also got some kind of scholarship to chattahoochee tech school in 2009 for automotive technology.

Damn the more I thought about this I’ve really got to get better at photography, facebook, or buy cooler guns no one has ever even mentioned one on my page let alone want to buy it.

I'm on a few gun sales sites

When it comes to guns, if I have the slightest hesitation, even if I cant name why, I walk. Not worth the trouble unless I feel 110% about the deal.

Though, I rarely sell anyway. I wanna keep my guns. tongue.png

This is the way I'm feeling right now.

When it comes to guns, if I have the slightest hesitation, even if I cant name why, I walk.

That's what it boils down to. 

It doesn't matter if the guy (or gal) might be legit.  It doesn't matter if they're probably legit.  I have to feel they're 100% legit.  And even then I won't sell if you won't let me take a picture of your drivers license. 

Hell yes I'm anal when it comes to my guns.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

Yea if not the battery charge my Google-fu uncovered id feel better about him, he went to high school in fla. Also his cover picture on Facebook is his daughter and says happy Easter seems hes either conflicted religious up bringing or maybe a joke about the death of Christ? You see his whole family on facebook and they all seem like any American family. Im going to offer the ffl thing and see if that scares him off if so so be it but at least I wouldn't feel as though I just judged him by his name.

I mean if a day white tattoed red neck named john Anderson offer this is already met him.

This guy could be a second or third generation American and maybe these are times when we could make people like him self feel like an American.

I heard someone say America is no longer a melting pot it's more a tossed salad no longer do we all become American, people stay who they are and just live in America.