Vepr Fluted Barrel Accuracy?

I have a 20" fluted bull barrel in 5.45 and 5.56. I have the 5.56 scoped and can get 1" groups at 100 yards with brass case factory ammo.

The 5.45 I get 3-4 inch groups with iron sights at 100 yards and steal case non corrosive ammo. I have not tried it with a scope but I think it would easily do 2" groups.

I have a 20" fluted bull barrel in 5.45 and 5.56. I have the 5.56 scoped and can get 1" groups at 100 yards with brass case factory ammo.

The 5.45 I get 3-4 inch groups with iron sights at 100 yards and steal case non corrosive ammo. I have not tried it with a scope but I think it would easily do 2" groups.

Liberty,

Those are some nice groups. Now, if only someone made brass case 5.45 ammo.

Do you find that your Vepr 5.45 is more accurate than your Saiga 5.45 and is it significantly heavier? I'm trying to choose between the two and I'm leaning towards the Vepr, but I hear they are pretty heavy, and I want something I could use as a field rifle if I need to, not just a bench gun. If I did get the Vepr, I would replace the wood furniture with synthetic, so that would reduce the weight a little bit I imagine.

The Vepr weighs about a pound more, but for me I prefer a little more weight and I prefer 20" over 16" barrels. I'll be using pistol for close work or indoors. I can stay on target easier with the extra weight. I have toted my scoped 5.56 with rhineland wood stocks all day a couple of times. Neoprene slings make the wieght managable.  I'm getting ready to convert mine from import and plan using synthetic furnature for field use because water will not damage them like it can wood.

You can make 5.45 brass ammo by resizing .222 brass or so I've heard.