2 replies to this topic

#1 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

The Question Guy

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 03:54 PM

So, I wanted to use PWS FSC 556 that uses 1/2x28 RH Threads and found a great 14x1 LH to 1/2x28 RH Thread Adapter at CNC Warrior. Since CNC is a LH twist and the PWS is a RH twist I am going semi permanently attach the CNC adapter piece so I can tighten the PWS without the CNC spinning lose. My question is what should I use? Red or Blue locktite? Teflon tape really only helps with indexing, any recommendations?

The most trite and tired notion among AK owners, is that you somehow need to keep or make your AK proper, correct, or original. This is America not the Combloc, we don't need to conform, assimilate, or suckle the teat of those who would oppose original ideas.

#2 termite

termite

Citizen

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,629 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:55 PM

Red, some say it's permanent, but with a "little" heat, it'll turn loose. I use it almost everyday, and get cussed by lots of people for using it, but the parts don't work loose in my pumps. :)

#3 Mountain Man

Mountain Man

The Question Guy

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:57 PM

Red, some say it's permanent, but with a "little" heat, it'll turn loose. I use it almost everyday, and get cussed by lots of people for using it, but the parts don't work loose in my pumps. smile.png

Do you think it being applied on a thread adapter connected to the barrel with a lot of heat generated would negate its benefits while shooting, and it loosen significantly?

The most trite and tired notion among AK owners, is that you somehow need to keep or make your AK proper, correct, or original. This is America not the Combloc, we don't need to conform, assimilate, or suckle the teat of those who would oppose original ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users