In honor of our Veterans who have died on secret VA waiting lists

Shame on those who stood by, and let brave men and women die languishing, and ignored, on secret VA waiting lists. I hope the shame and dishonor, depravity, and evil of what you have done follows you for the rest of days, and beyond.

When you refuse out of sloth, negligence, and indifference, to treat those who have sacrificed above and beyond, in order to insure your safety here at home, you undermine the very foundations of  the freedoms you currently enjoy. Apparently, without a second thought to those who have made that freedom possible for you, and withount consideration for the  personal consequenses which will accrue.

Make no mistake, there will be no coffee house, Martini bar, private residence, agency break room, or bitch den in which you can hide or ride this out.

If you continue to disregard the needs of our brave military men and women who have won, and maintained your freedom at the cost of their own lives, limbs, mobility, liberty, and pursuit of happiness, may God have mercy upon your immortal soul.

Full disclosure. My mother (Captain, RN, Flight Nurse) who flew wounded out of Normandy, D-Day plus 6, and continued to fly wounded throurhgout of the Korean War, passed on in VA palliative care (hospice). Fortunately, it serves Kirtland, and Sandia Labs and was at that time, an acceptable facitlty.

My father in law, a career Marine aviator, who  after retirement worked in the tunnels in Nevada, died prematurely from exposure to raditaion. My father who was a  USAF SAC pilot, and flew nuclear bombers for years, also succumbed to cancer.

The service my Mother, Father, and Father in law received, seemed adequate at the time. However, If I learn that any of them ended up on a secret waiting list ptior to receiving treatment - I'm going to raise hell.

They were all tremendous human beings. I miss them, and we are unlikely to see their like again. The ones who are gone can't be replaced, This is also true of those loved ones who are still with us

Video Tribute:

• Like 10

And people are protesting because $7.25 an hour is to low for flipping burgers. Not even knowing that the PFC in the foxhole makes less for the privilege of suffering wounds or dying.

Every year they take more from those who served. Want to pay those serving less. The VA has been screwed up for many decades and now finally the spot light shines on it. I hope that things will be fixed and those who have let people die punished. But that just won't happen, truly sad.

RIP to those that have passed.

• Like 6

The Obama Administration would be wise to see that the VA house is cleaned, set on track and has the resources it needs to support our nation's veteran's. To blow this off like so many other things under his watch would be both morally wrong but also a major political mistake relative to 2016 and 2018.  I'd send a lightening bolt down upon VA leadership starting at the top.  There needs to be a hotline for neglect and abuse that reaches outside of the VA as a check and balance to internal administration and politics.

To me the hardest part to understand is how this could happen when so many of the VA employees are veterans. How did the people who you risked your life with in the service become less important to you than posting a good number?

• Like 2

A point I have made since the inception of "Obamacare". Anyone that thinks the government can run health care should take a good look at the VA. When they clean that up maybe then it could be considered. The VA hospitals have been a sham for years. second or even third class care has been the standard, not the exception. Every year veteran health care gets worse, and costs more. We were promised "free health care for life" as some incentive for our service. We held up our end of the bargain, in my case for 21 years, only to be forgotten by the politicians. I hate this for the General, as I sincerely believe he was actually trying to make the VA better, but his trust and leadership was violated by those that simply wanted to ensure their"bonuses" at the expense of veterans. Unfortunately, this trend shows no signs of reversing, or even changing for that matter. The same people keep getting sent back to D.C., and we wonder why it doesn't get better. I fear this country has crossed the threshold of being recoverable.

Edited by Dogster
  • Like 3

Guys .... I am not a veteran, but my Dad was a Marine fixed and rotary wing pilot and my Grandfather was a U.S.A.A.F. bomber pilot who flew at Midway so I humbly hope that gives me some "credit" with all of you in some way.

It seems to be the societal "elephant in the room" emanating from the political left/Obama administration with the VA, gay "rights", etcetera is narcissism - pure and simple. If we could rid America of narcissism things will get better.

Those currently in control seem to have an "it's about me" attitude about everything as opposed to honestly being concerned about our country and our people. I don't mean to sound naive, but we really must get into office people with a sense of service - not selfish political ambition as exemplified by billary and obama.

I sincerely hope our next president is a veteran - male or female. Seriously.

• Like 1

So the response is lame  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/05/16/top-va-health-official-resigns-amid-scandal/

People are guilty of negligent homicide so we will just get one guy to quit?

If you haven't picked up the phone or written a letter, now is the time

Late breaker

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/va-hospital-scandal/ill-will-accusations-prior-va-jobs-stalk-director-phoenix-hospital-n107821

Dig that rot out.

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 1

The guy that "resigned" had put his retirement papers in months ago.  He is the visible scapegoat.  They need to change the leadership and start holding people accountable.  Those clerks only did what they were told to keep their jobs.  Get those who were the big bonus winners and had every incentive to fudge the numbers.  The housecleaning has to be about the total function of services not just scheduling of patients.  More resources may be needed because of all the vets from our last two wars.  Whatever it takes.  Take the fat and waste (pork) out of Washington and give it to our vets for top quality care.  I treat at the local VA clinic and it has all the earmarks of bureaucracy.  There should be someone at each VA clinic or hospital with an open door policy to hear about problems and complaints directly from those served.  Despite the death of many and the attention it is getting right now I would be surprised if real reform comes that helps our vets but I can hope and keep pressure on the politicians.

I get 19% disability and was discharged with a honorable under medical back in 2005. In 2011 I tried to go back to my local VA to have follow up surgery. I was denied 3 times with no explanation. I am still trying to get in 3 years later. At this point I quit.

• Like 3

VA has been FUBAR for many years. 13 years ago my eldest daughter worked in a VA hospital. She was not payed for Oct.,Nov., and Jan. I called my Senator, and was directed to a desk in a hallway in a tenemant!  There I was issued a check to get to her. None of her co-workers were paid. She was not paid for Feb., and then moved home as she was broke. The ONLY way to save the VA is to close it down, and use civilian hospitals and Drs.

• Like 3

VA has been FUBAR for many years. 13 years ago my eldest daughter worked in a VA hospital. She was not payed for Oct.,Nov., and Jan. I called my Senator, and was directed to a desk in a hallway in a tenemant!  There I was issued a check to get to her. None of her co-workers were paid. She was not paid for Feb., and then moved home as she was broke. The ONLY way to save the VA is to close it down, and use civilian hospitals and Drs.

This is actually one of the best ideas I've heard. Privatizing the VA could have a lot of benefits for Veterans, especially if providers are incentivized to provide top notch services at a reasonable cost to taxpayers, rather than the current system, where bureaucrats are incentivized to deny or delay services to remain within arbitrary budget requirements imposed by other bureaucrats who could care less about the quality of services provided.

The amount of available funding, and awarding of contracts should be based upon quality of service rendered per taxpayer dollar, and those private organizations who fail to meet minimum standards should be fired, and replaced with organizations who have proven through performance that they are capable of delivering on the promises our country has made to our men and women in uniform.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I would not seek VA care unless there was absolutely no other avenue, I have never held them in high regard and I've never trusted any of them.

My son was discharged in need of surgery to his neck from injuries sustained in combat, they told him to go to the VA beaten.gif

I told him to get privet insurance through his new job and seek out real professionals. I hope he never lets a VA doctor touch him.

We Vets have been taking it in the ass right from the start, and the people who work for the VA system are just taking all they can, while they can, they don't give a fuck about us, and they never have. VA is just another gubmit clusterfuck.

• Like 3

Privatizing VA would have been great before Obamacare, now it'll get ugly. Money at VA hasn't been an issue for a decade. Administration and red tape has and always will be. Spent most of day at VA with my guys. Volunteer. BSing and going to a Little League baseball game. Most of staff is good people, yet can only do what is authorized. Staff been on eggshells last month since administration is covering it's A$$. Lotta of pretty stuff and building upgrades last few years, yet care is still at stand still for most. I'm lucky enuff that daughter is in med and her school is getting me treatment that could have, should have been done 15 years or more ago. Some of the muscle and legiment/tendon damage wouldn't have gotten so bad, or internal infections. Got off the steroids and other drugs that just covered up and didn't treat issue. Yes, I'm a test subject, so hopefully this will lead to better care for others who are effected by bugs and chemicals are troops are exposed to. Going to get an ankle and knee operated on to fix damage done by VA 25 years ago. Refused to let'm take out a couple pieces of shrapnel close to my lower spine.

• Like 2

Saw these VA issues with my uncles (Korea)(Vietnam)) and my dad (Vietnam). From their injuries and failed/improper care. Yet I went to central America in 80's and went back in for Gulf I. Oldest signed up after 911 and lost him during Iraq surge. He could have come home, time was up, already done 2 tours, yet extended to finish the fight. Then administration pi$$ed it all away. Many of out town's/neighbor's sons have been and 1 is still over there. 5 of our schools 26 high school graduates are signed up to serve. Just, must be messed in the head, when you know you'll be treated like crap after you do what's required or asked. Wont get the backing, and get policies that don't let you take care of the bad guys and finish it.

• Like 3

Saw these VA issues with my uncles (Korea)(Vietnam)) and my dad (Vietnam). From their injuries and failed/improper care. Yet I went to central America in 80's and went back in for Gulf I. Oldest signed up after 911 and lost him during Iraq surge. He could have come home, time was up, already done 2 tours, yet extended to finish the fight. Then administration pi$$ed it all away. Many of out town's/neighbor's sons have been and 1 is still over there. 5 of our schools 26 high school graduates are signed up to serve. Just, must be messed in the head, when you know you'll be treated like crap after you do what's required or asked. Wont get the backing, and get policies that don't let you take care of the bad guys and finish it.

Im sorry for your loss bro. I enlisted in the Marines in '99. There is no sacrifice greater than those that fight for us. Its sad to think that our homeless have better care than do our vets. We can take care of lazy cocksuckers on welfare but cant give people care that deserve it that serve over seas. Thats sad, and pathetic. Ive lost several friends over the years and the current direction things are going is total bullshit. The current cuts wont help much either. I try to tell the young guys not to waste their time now, as if something happens, you'll get fucked. Its sad that its came to that.

• Like 4

Please write your letters

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/06/06/price-coming-forward-37-va-whistle-blowers-charge-retaliation/-for-bergdahl-in-200/

Keep this issue at the top of your list, do not fall for the fake out from the deserter 

It makes me sad and want to puke to have to write this on D-Day. Remember some of those boys had to come home and fix their house.

Edited by Dad2142Dad
  • Like 1

To me the hardest part to understand is how this could happen when so many of the VA employees are veterans. How did the people who you risked your life with in the service become less important to you than posting a good number?

My father worked at and retired from the VA in Dayton and Cincinnati in radiology and when he started working there he said "G-d help anyone who needs care there".  He said that in the 80s the care improved but he didn't know about the secret lists and other mishandling patients there.  He is disgusted with VA management who aren't doing their jobs while veterans suffer needlessly.

• Like 3