Ive been seeing a lot more* MRAPs than usual headed down the highway on trucks.  Usually the army depot gets them in to be refurbed. They mostly go in by train and out by train. But lots more lately going by flat beds in singles and doubles all fixed up ready to go.

Tin foil hat? I dont know. But is sure is odd why more and more civilian police are being militarized. Several local ones here just got them in the past year as well.

Edited by Chevyman097

Ive been seeing a lot MRAPs than usual headed down the highway on trucks.  Usually the army depot gets them in to be refurbed. They mostly go in by train and out by train. But lots more lately going by flat beds in singles and doubles all fixed up ready to go.

Tin foil hat? I dont know. But is sure is odd why more and more civilian police are being militarized. Several local ones here just got them in the past year as well.

I just posted about this in a different thread. http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/93957-dept-of-agriculture-orders-ballistic-body-armor/

If you think back to obuttfukers first campaign, he said he would amass a "domestic security force" larger and more powerful than the military.

Better cocktail!

Soak paper in potassium chlorate/sugar solution and allow to dry.  Fill bottle with gasoline and sulphuric acid, and clean the outside.  Wrap the dried paper around the bottle.  Throw.  Bottle ignites automatically when broken.  At night, they won't see it comming!

Save your glass bottles!  They're getting scarce, and plastic won't work!

My dept is on a list to get one.

We have several armed standoffs each year,  in the last one we were taking fire from an AK47.

How would you like to have only a car door between you and a sicko doing mag dumps on you with an AK?

Had to wait for hours for a swat team to show with a hardened vehicle.

The locals freeked out when we got some humvees several years ago...why is the dept being militarized????

Well we are NOT.

We use the humvees to evac people when we have forest fires, and to get into very rough terrain on the mountain.

And will use the mrap to protect our people next time some freak starts shooting at us and his neigbors again.

Dont read too much into vehicles going to Police departments, or fire departments as they can get humvees and stuff as well.

I shoot with hundreds of police of all kinds and from all parts of the country.

99% of them are just like us!

Jim

And PS... when you start talking shit about using force against LE people....you are just BEGGING for trouble

Well GJ are the LEOs not talking about overwhelming violence on citizens just because someone tells them to attack?

And no they are not "just like us" or else they wouldnt be in that position. 

Just an observation.

• Like 3

Really?

Humvees don't bother me. It's more the special weapons and special tactics. Things like 50,000+ raids per year.  http://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/story.php?title=cop-soldier

A bunch of those pics are not even americans. and they prove exactly NOTHING.

Cops dont ATTACK, they have to follow the same constitution and rule of law.

Is it possible some branches of Govt are out of bounds....you bet.

But trying to paint all LEOs as people that would follow ANY unconstitutional orders is pure BULLSHIT.

Do you not realize lots of this crap comes from the left to stir people up, and get them to say or do things that discredit real patriots??

Be smart about this kind of stuff

Jim

• Like 1

My only fear is that stuff like this is always met with an equal response. Cops with tanks to me equals bad guys with tank killing weapons. No matter what, there is always an equal or opposite reaction. That's just nature. Also, coming from a law enforcement family and having worked for an alphabet myself, I know what you are saying Jim. But when half the cops of city PD get hauled away for being law breaking assholes, I tend to get nervous knowing they.have stuff like this.

• Like 2

The 100,000$ in yearly maintenance for rarely used equipment is by definition a liability not an asset. Then there is the unavoidable fact that they will quickly justify its use, since we have it. Also look up "swating". & the 100,000$ in yearly maintenance.

• Like 2

I have eight or ten customers that are drug interdiction guys. I have nothing against them or their chosen profession. Heck, I was in the military police for 6 1/2 years. I disagree with the policies and overly aggressive tactics. The new toys will just make things worse. This subject comes up a lot. For good reason too. If the door blasts open at 4AM and men are screaming "police, search warrant, don't move!!". You have about two seconds to decide if they are even real police. Real police or not, it's an attack. Battering ram, flash bangs, shooting family dogs, masked faces. It's an attack. At Waco on the last day. The loud speakers on the tanks were used to announce that "this is not an attack!". As they pumped CS gas in and knocked down the walls. Back to me. I'm nobody, joe bag o' doughnuts. just getting by. Trying to keep the bills paid and family fed. I don't like being in this situation. Nor do I want my police risking their lives operating this way.   

• Like 2

What about the tactical assault and cordon search training that the officers of a very small town just received? Police are being militarized. Just because an officer says it isn't happening doesn't mean anything to what we all see happening. I know police officers that do their job and support out rights. Working right along side those officers are some who place themselves above the law and think they are better than other citizens, and that the law doesn't apply to them because they "enforce the law"(read as ARE THE LAW).

Our police now wear black fatigues instead of the blue uniform. They drive unmarked cars so that people can't tell who they are. The set up "sting" operations to bust people buying drugs or trying to score a blow job. It seems the majority of drug offenses are for possession. Why do we treat addiction as a crime??? Because it generates money.

Police are supposed to be there to help citizens, not help create crimes and generate revenue.

Edited by dayofruin
  • Like 1

Sheriff-SWAT-1024x682.jpg Officer friendly, and his buddies.

An MRAP shows up at my house, and guys dressed like that pour out...... Sorry, I don't see Police Officers...... I see Armed Combatants and the thought processes, responses will be a lot different.

• Like 4

DLT your near the border if I remember right. If any town or city needs these, it would be along the southern border. The shit is not that far from spilling northwards. The cartels have better weapons than the mexican army does, if in fact they are two different organizations.

Have many friends who are LEO's and I do not think they would follow orders to attack civies. We don't have an MRAP either. But we do have a SWAT team that gets called regularly to deal with criminals and cucu for coco puff nuts hold up in their houses. 

Do you know your sheriff? If you don't, get to know him/her and have the conversation.

• Like 1

You can get rid of these by having the local population demand that the admin explain maintenance costs and their justification to spend 200K a year on upkeep and modifications to keep it running.

No fucking way does a local swat need MRAP. There are rules against military forces being used on Americans by Americans aren't there?

• Like 5

You can get rid of these by having the local population demand that the admin explain maintenance costs and their justification to spend 200K a year on upkeep and modifications to keep it running.

No fucking way does a local swat need MRAP. There are rules against military forces being used on Americans by Americans aren't there?

Yeah. It used to be called the Posse Comitatus act of 1878.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

Since Waco, I think it has been largely ignored, just like our immigration laws.

• Like 4

Laws? Those don't apply to cops. Now a single cop occasionally needs to be fed to the courts as proof they're still subject to the laws they enforce. They are given slaps on the wrist, and set free for crimes that would have anybody else locked up for decades.

Now in groups they can do what they want.that thin blue line gets pretty thick when they fuck up together.

Edited by poolingmyignorance
  • Like 1

I know I'm not a cop, and I'm not cop material.  For pretty much any reason you care to name.

But if I was a cop I'd be embarrassed if I needed 75 officers and an armored vehicle to deal with one guy and a shotgun.

• Like 5

DLT your near the border if I remember right. If any town or city needs these, it would be along the southern border. The shit is not that far from spilling northwards. The cartels have better weapons than the mexican army does, if in fact they are two different organizations.

Have many friends who are LEO's and I do not think they would follow orders to attack civies. We don't have an MRAP either. But we do have a SWAT team that gets called regularly to deal with criminals and cucu for coco puff nuts hold up in their houses. 

Do you know your sheriff? If you don't, get to know him/her and have the conversation.

Dad, yes I am actually pretty good friends with our local sheriff, chief of police and Texas Rangers. I've also trained quite a bit with several of the county deputies, and DPS so they all know me.  My concern is that this type of reaction will be met with an equal one.  The Mexican military has been at war with the cartels since 2008 and they haven't been able to put a dent on them. Believe it or not, the biggest deterrent the cartels have said restrains them from operating in Texas the same way they do in Mexico is .....our right to bear arms.  They are on record admitting that they are afraid of the common civilian in Texas because they simply don't know who might be armed, or what they might retaliate with if a home or ranch invasion is attempted.  They admitted this to a local TV crew during an exclusive interview that they granted.  While I'm no longhorn, I proudly stand by the phrase "Don't Mess With Texas".

• Like 1

What about the tactical assault and cordon search training that the officers of a very small town just received? Police are being militarized. Just because an officer says it isn't happening doesn't mean anything to what we all see happening. I know police officers that do their job and support out rights. Working right along side those officers are some who place themselves above the law and think they are better than other citizens, and that the law doesn't apply to them because they "enforce the law"(read as ARE THE LAW).

Our police now wear black fatigues instead of the blue uniform. They drive unmarked cars so that people can't tell who they are. The set up "sting" operations to bust people buying drugs or trying to score a blow job. It seems the majority of drug offenses are for possession. Why do we treat addiction as a crime??? Because it generates money.

Police are supposed to be there to help citizens, not help create crimes and generate revenue.

This is where your are wrong. Police are there to enforce the laws....period. Sometimes that involves or equals helping citizens. Sometimes it doesnt. Remember, law is blind and the police are the enforcement end of that. Even the Supreme Court said that the police are not responsible for your protection. No one ever said "lets have a group of guys protect the weak and the innocent.". That never happened. What did happen is a nation created a set of laws and hired people to make sure those laws are enforced.

that being said. I dont see a problem with these MRAPs. Why do they NEED an MRAP? Why do YOU NEED an AK? The world isnt all kumbaya. We as civilians want the most amount of firepower incase. We have trunk guns, usually a rifle with a few hundred rounds, and get home bags and yet we dont directly deal with crime in our daily lives. When was the last time any one here chase down a druggy or a perp? When did you last have to sweep a abandoned house in a delapodated secotion of town for strange sounds? Ever respond TO gun fire? No none of it?!?!? And yet we still want 15rd mags + 3 more spares and a backup gun when we go for milk. Its understandable, we dont want to be a victim and in most situations waiting for the police is not an option. However, those people that do all that stuff....well a S&W model 10 in 38spl is plenty....dont even worry about having a reload otherwise it might be looked at as too militeristic. Fuck, you can make an argument against even nightsights. Why do the cops need them? So they can execute people in the dark? Anyone remember the N. Hollywood shootout? What did the cops have to use in order to get the wounded out? They had to confiscate a ARMORED TRUCK! This is how this shit starts. Cops are carrying Beretta 9mm and probobly some sort of revolvers. They come up against 2 guys with AKs and now they cant even get close enough to make their shots count. Prior to that there were no ARs in police cars, only shotguns. Before that it was the FBI shootout in Florida that changed tactics later. Bullet design started to change as those original hollow points were inadiquate. The FBI went away from 6 shot revolvers in 38/357 and to 10mm auto. Why do they need that?

I live in a good area but just a 30 min drive and we have guys shooting AK47s through packed city busses in order to kill eachother. Dont beleive me? Youtube it....Philadelphia SEPTA bus AK47 shooting. What eles do we have here.....oh its normal to walk up behind a cop and shoot him in the head....yep usually a few of these every year. If I was a cop I'd want not only the MRAP but also Sherman

Edited by Arik
  • Like 1

They have funds to waste on an H2 hummer? How about more training and education to remind them to protect and serve not punish and enslave.

H2 hummers are civilian,  Humvees they get for FREE at surplus.

If you believe the police Punish and Enslave,  you are insane and need psychotherapy....just sayin

jim

If you believe the police Punish and Enslave, you are insane and need psychotherapy....just sayin

jim

Maybe he just needs a little reeducation. That's better than therapy.

Come to think of it, all of us could use some reeducation. Can't have people thinking unapproved thoughts...

I think you mean "inforce". haha.gif

Fixed! glad I could provide some childish entertainment

Don't worry.  You're not the only one here providing childish entertainment. Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1