Anyone in the Hill Country?

I am settling on a little piece of Hays Co. this week, hope to get a house built on it soon. Anyone else around there?

• Like 1

I am now the proud owner of 2.33 acres of Hays Co. TX. Heading there soon to arrange for having a house built, ect. should be escaping the People;s Repugnic of MD by winter!

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

FINALLY!  

First contract on the house here in MD went bust in September, new buyer to settle on 12-31.

Leaving for Texas that day - I wanted desperately to get the HELL out of Maryland this year,  looks like we are going to make it with minuets  to spare !!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for electric and septic. Why does a little rain bring Texas to a screaming halt??

I have been trenching in the water and gas lines, the caleche here is harder than a wedding dick!  

• 2 months later...

Moved in and settling down. Now I have Texas tags and DL. even have a voters card!

Now - anyone know where to shoot around here? I hear people pinking on near by ranches, but is there a range around here?? 

• 1 year later...

Wife and I were just down there. Beautiful area GOB! Congrats! 

Maryland was an awesome place back in the day. You made the right move though. Hope you'll post pics of the new place!

Pretty sure you'll find a place to shoot. Lots of farm and ranch land  - and as you know - folks are neighborly there. 

Smiling from ear to ear for you!

Mike

Thanks for the kind words, guys. I have a nice piece of land here, but at 2.33 acres it is too small for a range. Still looking for a decent range around here, and get to shoot with the neighbors occasionally. Great people in Texas!

Getting the HELL out of Maryland was one of the best decisions I ever made!

• Like 2
  • Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.