Cracked weld new Vepr-12

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Super Moderator New River, please confer with your 'BUSINEES' member if this is the direction you want to go.  If so, I'll be taking my business elsewhere.  This was an excellent discussion about how

I think he is talking about that. ..........      

It clearly looks to me that the top of the pin is above the bottom or the rear sight block. And therefore must have been drilled to install the pin. So I maintain that the weld comes along with the mo

Posted Images

It does suck! I'll reweld it for you, if you go that route.

How's the recoil on your gun?

Did you go to school to become a certified Gunsmith? Are you local to the OP?  Do you have an FFL?  If you answered YES to all these questions...do you pay dues here to advertise your services as the other "BUSINESS" members do?  I didn't think so.  Here is your ONE and ONLY VERBAL warning.  

Respectfully,

Gunny NR

Did you go to school to become a certified Gunsmith? Are you local to the OP?  Do you have an FFL?  If you answered YES to all these questions...do you pay dues here to advertise your services as the other "BUSINESS" members do?  I didn't think so.  Here is your ONE and ONLY VERBAL warning.  

Respectfully,

Gunny NR

That was a free offer to help a fellow in need. I have a business, and make real good money. But it has nothing to do with my hobby of guns. So, am I not to help people now? People have contacted me about such things and I recommend the businesses on this forum. Wth man

Respectfully,

Gunny NR

That was a free offer to help a fellow in need. I have a business, and make real good money. But it has nothing to do with my hobby of guns. So, am I not to help people now? People have contacted me about such things and I recommend the businesses on this forum. Wth man

It's simple...Did you go to school to become a certified Gunsmith? Are you local to the OP?  Do you have an FFL?  If you answered YES to all these questions...do you pay dues here to advertise your services as the other "BUSINESS" members do?  I didn't think so.  Here is your ONE and ONLY VERBAL warning.  

WTH man will only get you officially warned.  Don't let this happen again.

Respectfully,

GySgt New River

• 2 months later...

thanks wagnikov for the offer to weld it up for FREE, sorry you got chewed out for being a nice guy... Wth.....

Anyway, as an update I have about 100 rounds through it since it was rewelded, no signs of re-cracking! My welder did a really good job, I will keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't crack any more but I put a lot of slugs and nitro clay loads through it so I think if it was going to crack again it would have already

• Like 1

Super Moderator New River, please confer with your 'BUSINEES' member if this is the direction you want to go.  If so, I'll be taking my business elsewhere.  This was an excellent discussion about how the V12 works.  Now you've stepped in over a trivial offer to help someone out and killed it!   I've bought from 5 of the members (C.S.S., Atlantic, Bonesteel, SGM Tactical, CHOAS)  because they have supported this site and the information here was excellent.  Since PapaZoro has left the discussions here have been lacking in quality, now something good comes along and you're killing it. 

Run your site anyway you want!  It doesn't exist in the long run without customers like me.  I'm not a gun smith, this is my first gun actually.  I want to learn and I have plenty of money to spend.  I'm the perfect customer.  

• Like 4