Just wanted to let people know that royaltiger has factory Molot 8rd mags in stock for $49!! Cheapeast price i've seen anywhere. I read about some problems with them but the mags were about $55 shipped to GA and I got them in about 5 days.  They did not send me a tracking number but I emailed them and they provided me with one.  

Definitely liking the Molot mags over the SGM mag that I got, the Molot ones just feel so solid.  I had big problems getting my 10rd SGM to insert into the magwell, but to their credit they have fed perfectly.

Edited by jabara572

You might wish you had waited for the 8 round CSSPECS steel mags.

They're still a little ways off aren't they? I know his prototypes are getting close to finished, but then we have to wait for a final design and production. I just got some of the factory 8s for now, and plan on getting some Csspecs steel when they come to the market.

They're still a little ways off aren't they? I know his prototypes are getting close to finished, but then we have to wait for a final design and production. I just got some of the factory 8s for now, and plan on getting some Csspecs steel when they come to the market.

They posted the final testing vid on youtube, so I believe it's just down to production now.

They posted the final testing vid on youtube, so I believe it's just down to production now.

Oh nice. I didn't realize that they were that far along. I guess I should start saving my money now.

Figure about a month away for the steel mags.

$49 for a molot factory 8rd mag is just crazy.. I'd buy them if my gun fund was not totally empty.

RoyalTiger has a hit or miss reputation so I'd suggest using a credit card with good buyer protection.

• Like 2

$49 for a molot factory 8rd mag is just crazy.. I'd buy them if my gun fund was not totally empty.

RoyalTiger has a hit or miss reputation so I'd suggest using a credit card with good buyer protection.

Are Molot mags breaking or something?  Do they not work well? 

Are Molot mags breaking or something?  Do they not work well? 

The molot mags work fine, just normally expensive. 

I would not rank the molot as highly as the Izhmash saiga 8rd, rock lock.. But they are still a good piece. The plastic has a less dense feel, almost like it has a filler. But since Saiga mags don't fit the vepr its pretty much your option right now.

I think our design will have some benefits for bulk, and availability. The feedlips can't pop off since they are welded on. And they will eventually come in more sizes for not significantly more.

I would not rank the molot as highly as the Izhmash saiga 8rd, rock lock.. But they are still a good piece. The plastic has a less dense feel, almost like it has a filler. But since Saiga mags don't fit the vepr its pretty much your option right now.

I concur regarding Ishmash mags being a step above the Molot.  Compare the followers and you'll see that the plastic just feels cheap in the Molot mags.  My understanding is that Izzy mags work in the Vepr but Vepr mags need to be modified to work in the Saiga.  Reasoning is the mag latch is longer in the Saiga so material needs to be taken off the rear lug to accommodate.

• 3 weeks later...