RSA Trigger and Disconnector Profiling.JPG 1.28MB
trigger window.JPG 1.23MB
For the decription given in the picture of the empty reciever. A mistake wis made. When the word "hammer" was used, the word "trigger" should have been used instead. No modifications to the hammer were made.
RSA Hammer Capture.JPG 1.24MB
RSA Hammer Square.JPG 406.95KB
First I profiled both sides of the front of the base of the trigger. This allowed the trigger to travel further, but the disconnecter now hit the trigger window, so I opened up one side of the trigger window a tiny bit to allow the disconnecter to clear it.
The disconnecter captured the hammer better at this point but still not as well as the Molot trigger did.
Next I profiled the disconnecter. This allowed the disconnecter to capture the hammer as well as the Molot trigger did.
I now had a two-stage trigger, but the reset travel distance was too long, so I made an adjustment with the set screw on the disconnecter. Now I have a shorter reset for quick followup shots.
Profiling the disconnecter had the biggest effect. Looking back, I would have profiled the disconnecter first. That by itself may have turned out to be enough.
As JTE (Jack) says profiling the disconnecter is the "preferred method of increasing the engagement of the hammer." I tend to believe this.
One thing I am curious at this point is why Molot made their sear sit higher. They had to put a special lump on the hammer for this. I don't know what purpose it serves to have the sear sit higher.
Edited by tbryanh, 27 May 2014 - 05:23 PM.