Well It Looks Like the Sky Actually May Be Falling...

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1137095

The asteroid is calculated to have a potentially lethal encounter with the Earth on March 35, 2041. Astronomers have placed the odds of an impact at 1 in 2.04

I've been looking at my 2041 calendar and I can't find March 35th...

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1

I'll be 85, if I even get up to that age. if I'm still around in 41,  I'll be sitting on my front lawn naked on a lawn chair, smoking weed and jacking off waiting for the end. fuck,  I might start doing that when I hit 80. laugh.png

Edited by Matthew Hopkins
  • Like 3

Bull shit. How can they possible calculate that closely so far in advance? The distance implies the velocity which implies the minimum number of orbits the thing must complete around the sun before that magic date of destruction. Again bull shit.

Now having said that, why would such an bull shit article appear on a major news site? Makes no sense to me. Could it all just be a big prank? Now that makes more sense to me than such a bull shit article. A mistake? There...I said it enough.

HB of CJ (old coot) bull shit, bull shit, bull shit. There, I feel better now! Anyhow, I will be over 90 by then so the odds of me even experiencing such bull shit is very slight. But....what a way to go. Instant destruction. Wonder how it would feel? smile.png:)

Edited by HB of CJ

So we can calculate a celestial bodies flight path 27 years in the future, a kin to hitting a fleas ass on the other side of the world with a BB? Yet we can't balance a budget or explain where the money went?

Me thinks a rock or snowball that those eggheads missed will get us before Apophis arrives...........

• Like 1

"Since, in the long run, every planetary civilization will be endangered by impacts from space, every surviving civilization is obliged to become spacefaring--not because of exploratory or romantic zeal, but for the most practical reason imaginable: staying alive..."

-Carl Sagan

• Like 3

We live in the Cosmic Shooting Gallery.  Take a look at the moon with a decent pair of binos.

The most amazing thing about this story is why CNN got duped by it.  The only clue you needed that it was bullshit was the date of impact.

• Like 2

Darth,

Thank you for posting this.

I was fresh out of EOTWAWKI theories. Now I have something to focus all my future planning and financial decisions on. This takes all the guess work out the equation so I'm only going to need ten years of retirement money now. I was so sick of not knowing how long I would need money for.

SWEET!!

Wait, does March have thirty five days in the future?

Yeah, I found the pic far more disturbing than the thought of an asteroid slamming into earth.

Ya know shes like 26 right?

It may be legal to simulate child molestation using a grown woman.  Some people still are going to find it repulsive.

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • Like 1